Codex: Tyranids Rumors - Page 15 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 404 (permalink) Old 11-23-13, 04:52 AM

Creon's Flag is: USA

i've been informed that the White Dwarf is "40K Cover" and a "40k Issue", so things are looking up. I've been told Peter Jackson changed Smaug at the last minute, and they had to pull hobbit cause their sculpt no longer matched the CGI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 404 (permalink) Old 11-23-13, 05:02 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

That old chestnut has been thrown around for months and has about much accuracy as trying to launch a rocket to the moon from my ass. The "last minute" in regards to Hobbit Design for GW purposes would have been about 3 months ago due to production times and if it were true then every other toy company producing Hobbit minis would be in the same boat. As such WD would have been able to cover their issue without a panic. If you look at what happened last time companies (not GW) still released products even though they weren't in the first film (ref Legolas and Tauril figures).

Last edited by Jacobite; 11-23-13 at 05:14 AM.
post #143 of 404 (permalink) Old 11-23-13, 05:18 AM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Rumours are rumours and fun to ponder upon. WD is a week late, and about 3 months ago things started to change from Jan to Dec for 'nids in most rumour mills. But, I'm just guessing and enjoying..

post #144 of 404 (permalink) Old 11-23-13, 03:30 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

If the change of Smaug was at the Film end of things, then it's more plausible. GW has a license that requires slavish sticking to the details as it's a cheap license. They'd be getting compensation of some description though if that's the case.

It's still unlikely though.

A more likely scenario revolves around the fact that GW can't release pics of Smaug until the film is out. The film doesn't come out until Dec 15th? So it doesn't match the WD release dates, and releasing a product you can't show pics of is somewhat stupid. The Jan WD comes out mid-Dec though, so they may have had to swap the issues to cover this. If that's the case though, I'd imagine several heads are roling as that's a *stupid* mistake to make

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff

Last edited by SilverTabby; 11-23-13 at 03:34 PM.
post #145 of 404 (permalink) Old 11-23-13, 04:50 PM
Apathetic Megalomaniac

Geist's Flag is: USA

Clarification on the Smaug thing, and Nids apparently not going to be released in December.
Quote:
via an anonymous source from the Faeit 212 inbox.
- Nids still in January
As I was told, it`s false to asume that Nids are preset to December because of the Smaug disaster

- Smaug
The Dragon was not rejected by WB due to the model but due to the size. GW was told when they want to make one it has to be in the same proportion as the
other model range leaving us with a roughly 35” Dragon which is not going to happen

post #146 of 404 (permalink) Old 11-23-13, 06:26 PM

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Fantastic, way to go Warner Brothers haha
post #147 of 404 (permalink) Old 11-23-13, 11:00 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Seriously though, having Smaug on the board? It's like having a Dominatrix in a kill team game. *shakes head*

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #148 of 404 (permalink) Old 11-23-13, 11:02 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creon View Post
WD is a week late
The last Saturday of the month is next Saturday (the 30th), unless i'm missing something

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #149 of 404 (permalink) Old 11-23-13, 11:24 PM
Apathetic Megalomaniac

Geist's Flag is: USA

Goddammit, this is giving me a headache.

Quote:
via Stickmonkey
I have lots of sources chiming in saying that Tyranids "ARE getting Dec models."
Now whats interesting to me is no one saying to me the new Codex is coming dec. And with all the other wishy washiness about what is or isnt coming it is making me wonder if those isolated rumors of a 2 month release might hold some truth...models only in Dec filling gaps, then Codex and new in Jan?
Quote:
via an anonymous source
things are getting really confusing with info i'm getting and constantly changing. seems that a new game expansion is the next WD with hobbit due for release possible half way through DEC, nids set jan with guard following closely afterward. im just waiting to see now as this info change is driving me nuts personally
Quote:
via an anonymous source
tyranids are coming in december

post #150 of 404 (permalink) Old 11-24-13, 12:14 AM

Adramalech's Flag is: USA

well, we'll know which is true or if both are false come next Saturday, now won't we?

boobs. that is all.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode