KR Multicase furniture on website - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-13, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

Default KR Multicase furniture on website

Just seen that the new KR Multicase furniture is on their website.

http://www.krmulticase.com/product.aspx?id=WD4x2L&t=product

Looks like it is UK delivery only though, and the war table seems a tad expensive.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-13, 04:31 PM
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by humakt View Post
Just seen that the new KR Multicase furniture is on their website.

http://www.krmulticase.com/product.aspx?id=WD4x2L&t=product

Looks like it is UK delivery only though, and the war table seems a tad expensive.
I dunno, it's all fairly bespoke stuff. It's all veneered too which adds to the cost of the wood, one sheet of 6' x 4' is like £25, I reckon this needs maybe 2 so you're looking at £50 - £70 for materials, then man hours take it to what, £150 or so? I think the price is justifiable, purely on the fact it's built to order.

Looks nice all the same though!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-13, 04:53 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

I'd agree with humakt that its a little overpriced. All materials for this you could get for less then £80... if you shop around probably much less.

As Calgar points out though, the cost here is in the man hours. That said if you knew what you were doing and had the tools, you could easily knock one of these out yourself for less then half the price.

Hell.. go to a surplus/second/ex display office supply store. You could pick up a couple of computer desks for about £15 each and have more then enough material to convert this yourself.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-13, 05:52 PM
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

I like them, depending on build quality I'd say they're worth around that. I've seen tiny coffee tables for way more.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-13, 06:09 PM

EmbraCraig's Flag is: Scotland

If I bought the materials for £80, all I'd be able to make at home would be a hell of a mess. I don't think the prices are too bad, so long as the quality is good, although ready made furniture will always look expensive next to flat pack stuff. Not necessarily a problem as long as it well enough put together to justify the difference.

I can see a market for the games tables amonst people who have enough space to have their own games room and want an all in one gaming/storage space solution - the obvious problem I see with the flip top desk is that most hobby desks I've seen have far too many bits and pieces and works in progress on them for them to ever be used like that. The shelves... well, I don't really see the need to buy a bespoke solution for shelves - I mean, they're shelves; most of the ones you can buy are adjustable enough that you can get them to be the right size for whatever cases you use anyway.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-13, 06:31 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

4x4 at the largest? The fuck? How hard is it to make a 4x2 with 2 foot wings on each side.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-13, 06:52 PM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

Interesting direction for these guys to take, but this is hardly unique stuff, there are cheaper options out there for a table (that like mine) will soon be covered in paint!

I am the White Knight!

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-13, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
4x4 at the largest? The fuck? How hard is it to make a 4x2 with 2 foot wings on each side.
They actually do an 8' X 4' one as well.

http://www.krmulticase.com/product.aspx?id=WT8x4MDF&t=product

This price is a bit better if you go for plain MDF.

It would certainly be worth considering if you had your own dedicated gaming room.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-13, 12:28 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

you can buy fold out tables from £40 on amazon two of those would give you a 6x4 and they fold away to nothing and can go in a wardrobe or under a bed or in a shed, or with a little imagination,a few screwsamd hinges you could convert some of ikeas desks yourself for far less. but its nice to see a company givinging gamers the choice to buy stuff like this if you have the money and the inclination

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-13, 01:15 PM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

I like it! Would I buy one? No, probably not. But it's nice that there's more options on the market. they were showing off their furniture at salute, and from what I could tell it all looked good quality. I think they'll be bringing out chairs that are backed with a similar foam as the cases, they look hella comfy!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode