KR Multicase furniture on website - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-13, 02:37 PM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

I agree with the consensus here to be honest, really nice idea and would personally like one, but the price is a bit over what I would expect to be paying for flat pack furniture.

I think one of the issues for marketing this is that you are mostly selling to a group who are quite interested in building, making and customising things - this leads to a reluctance to pay for much beyond the materials.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-13, 09:43 PM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm not saying they're bad, I'm just wondering why KR feel the need to branch out into furniture?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-08-13, 10:09 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I'm not saying they're bad, I'm just wondering why KR feel the need to branch out into furniture?
Slack market with fewer number of people buying specific products. Ergo, wider range, greater number of potential customers.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 01:48 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm one of the (I suppose few) people who could easily build this myself with tools I already own. My rough estimate is ~£50 if you just want functionality and I could make one in a day easily enough.

So not worth the money in my mind. You could actually buy the tools AND the parts for less than they're offering, and provided you took your time and planned properly it'd be very easy to make something as good, if not better over a week or two in your spare time. Those are my thoughts.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 02:09 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
I'm one of the (I suppose few) people who could easily build this myself with tools I already own. My rough estimate is ~£50 if you just want functionality and I could make one in a day easily enough.

So not worth the money in my mind. You could actually buy the tools AND the parts for less than they're offering, and provided you took your time and planned properly it'd be very easy to make something as good, if not better over a week or two in your spare time. Those are my thoughts.
Mine too... and all I've got is my highschool woodwork qualification. that said, built my own wardrobes and shelving fine and the basic construction methods aren't that different.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 03:50 PM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
if not better over a week or two in your spare time. Those are my thoughts.
But what is your hourly rate?

I would guess you don't have to be particularly highly paid before these aren't that badly priced, always remember the opportunity loss in such "cost saving" things - that does of course assume you view it as a chore and not a fun opportunity to make furniture (as I certainly would)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode