Warlord Games Acquires the License to Dad's army - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-13, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Icarus Miniatures
 
imm0rtal reaper's Avatar
imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 2,998
Reputation: 24
Default Warlord Games Acquires the License to Dad's army

You'll soon be able to command the Home Guard on the tabletop:

Linky

imm0rtal reaper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-13, 02:11 PM
nice boy, daft though !
 
bitsandkits's Avatar
bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,212
Reputation: 58
Default

this is a bit of a head scratcher, i love Dads army and the home guard were absolutely vital in the defence of the nation, but what they did in the war doesnt really convert to a wargame/skirmish game, there main use was partols/guard duty and anti aircraft gunnery and any thing else that got chucked at them for the war effort,those that died were getting bombed in the raids rather than in infantry battles? , Plus dads army was a comedy, the main joke been that the men were a pretty clueless bunch, so im not sure how this will work?

im wondering if warlord are just hoping to cash in on the association with the show rather than having a solid idea for a game.

Stupid boys



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
bitsandkits is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-13, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Icarus Miniatures
 
imm0rtal reaper's Avatar
imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 2,998
Reputation: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
this is a bit of a head scratcher, i love Dads army and the home guard were absolutely vital in the defence of the nation, but what they did in the war doesnt really convert to a wargame/skirmish game, there main use was partols/guard duty and anti aircraft gunnery and any thing else that got chucked at them for the war effort,those that died were getting bombed in the raids rather than in infantry battles? , Plus dads army was a comedy, the main joke been that the men were a pretty clueless bunch, so im not sure how this will work?

im wondering if warlord are just hoping to cash in on the association with the show rather than having a solid idea for a game.

Stupid boys
I doubt they intend to have a game system around the minis, but rather just have the minis themselves.

imm0rtal reaper is offline  
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-13, 02:23 PM
nice boy, daft though !
 
bitsandkits's Avatar
bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,212
Reputation: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imm0rtal reaper View Post
I doubt they intend to have a game system around the minis, but rather just have the minis themselves.
Well in that case i wish them well in there endeavour, have to admit i have never thought that i would like to own a set of models based on the characters in that TV series, but now that there is a chance to own them, i feel i need to own them?, similar thing happened to me yesterday, i didnt know i needed a limited edition lego Back to the Future Delorian with a mcfly and doc minifigs, but when lego released it suddenly i needed one???



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
bitsandkits is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-13, 02:27 PM
blahblahblahblah
 
Stella Cadente's Avatar
Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: blahblahblahblah
Posts: 6,663
Reputation: 10
Default

This is the only decent piece of news WarlordGamesWorkshop have announced all year, and my first thought was "but foundry already do them...and still no panzer III"

Stella Cadente is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-13, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Icarus Miniatures
 
imm0rtal reaper's Avatar
imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 2,998
Reputation: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Well in that case i wish them well in there endeavour, have to admit i have never thought that i would like to own a set of models based on the characters in that TV series, but now that there is a chance to own them, i feel i need to own them?, similar thing happened to me yesterday, i didnt know i needed a limited edition lego Back to the Future Delorian with a mcfly and doc minifigs, but when lego released it suddenly i needed one???
I seem to have this problem with the majority of minis released by all companies!

imm0rtal reaper is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-13, 03:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Shady ed's Avatar
Shady ed's Flag is: Australia
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 305
Reputation: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
similar thing happened to me yesterday, i didnt know i needed a limited edition lego Back to the Future Delorian with a mcfly and doc minifigs, but when lego released it suddenly i needed one???

WHAT!?! Where can I purchase such a thing?!
Shady ed is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-13, 03:33 PM
nice boy, daft though !
 
bitsandkits's Avatar
bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 10,212
Reputation: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady ed View Post
WHAT!?! Where can I purchase such a thing?!
heres you go
http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/The-DeLor...-machine-21103

also should be noted that some of the proceeds are going to Micheal J fox's Parkinsons charity too.



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
bitsandkits is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-13, 11:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Bindi Baji's Avatar
Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: right about here
Posts: 1,999
Default

wow, just wow, so erm, Blackadder next?

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
Bindi Baji is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-13, 05:48 AM
Drinker of tea...
 
TheReverend's Avatar
TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,277
Reputation: 16
Default

This is pretty random...
TheReverend is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome