Codex: Space Marine Rumors - Updated 18 Aug 2013 - Page 67 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #661 of 978 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 06:23 AM

Entarion's Flag is: Czech Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain-Grimaldus View Post
Was in my local GW this weekend. It was hillarious, is tood there waffling about all the rumours and pics and i could see the staff really wanted to join in, poor bloke was nearly bursting but he couldnt speak!

They are holding a party on the 31st where a drop in and paint a chapter scheme is going on, winner will have their scheme painted on 1500pts of a store army. Also doing arena of death with Space Marine characters and 500pt SM no FoC games.

All off a whim he told me, with tears in his eyes lol. Bit of luck that means I can buy it on 31st. A man can dream!
Wish we had GW store in our country...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 978 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain-Grimaldus View Post
Was in my local GW this weekend. It was hillarious, is tood there waffling about all the rumours and pics and i could see the staff really wanted to join in, poor bloke was nearly bursting but he couldnt speak!

They are holding a party on the 31st where a drop in and paint a chapter scheme is going on, winner will have their scheme painted on 1500pts of a store army. Also doing arena of death with Space Marine characters and 500pt SM no FoC games.

All off a whim he told me, with tears in his eyes lol. Bit of luck that means I can buy it on 31st. A man can dream!
I'm pretty sure it's just pre-orders on the 31st, but that's the day the WD drops, the curtain falls and he can pour out his deepest, darkest feelings about everything. And talk about the new Marines.
post #663 of 978 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 06:51 AM

arlins's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
I'm pretty sure it's just pre-orders on the 31st, but that's the day the WD drops, the curtain falls and he can pour out his deepest, darkest feelings about everything. And talk about the new Marines.
yeah when I talked to the local GW manager last week, pre-orders is what I got told on the 31st .

and yeah theyre all itching to talk about it , But cant ( I actually believe theyd get in trouble if they didn't feign ignorance ) .

post #664 of 978 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 07:56 AM

So I was talking with one of my local Warhammer sellers about my order of new SM but I want also old Vanguard and MK2 veterans. Unfortunately he orders things only once in a month and I am afraid that vanguard and maybe even mk2 disappear with new models. I wanted to buy it from GW but more you order, bigger the shipping is and it was 17£ for those 2 boxes.
So how to get models which disappear from GW site ? I mean is it possible somehow to get it from GW other way ? I would rather refrain to get it from ebay or other shops though and do one order only.
post #665 of 978 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 11:13 AM

The Irish Commissar's Flag is: Ireland

Do they not usually keep old models like that on the web store. Like if you go to space marines they have loads of old models still on sale for direct order. The sternguard and vanguard might get added there.

6th Edition. 7th Edition

Eldar. Eldar
W14-D1-L4. W2-D0-L0

Imperial guard
W3-D2-L1

Space marine's
W0-D0-L0
post #666 of 978 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Irish Commissar View Post
Do they not usually keep old models like that on the web store. Like if you go to space marines they have loads of old models still on sale for direct order. The sternguard and vanguard might get added there.
I know. Actually MK1-2 and Tyrranic are alternatives. So I hope they keep them. Unfortunately, not sure about Vanguard/Sternguard when new kits hit the shelves though and have no one to ask expect here.
post #667 of 978 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 12:30 PM

returnoftheclown's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Stalker:
Each gun is: 48" Range, S7, AP4, Heavy 4
Can Split fire at reduces BS
AV 12/12/10
Does not have Interceptor
10 points more than the current price of Predator with no upgrades

Hunter:
60", S7, AP2, Armourbane, Heavy 1
AV 12/12/10
Does not have Interceptor
15 points more than the current price of Predator with no upgrades
So, with the mention of no interceptor, curious to know does this mean they are purely anti-flyer with just skyfire or that they will have a skyfire mode or none of the above?

“Insane? You dare to claim that we are insane? I find this very amusing. You see, there is no such thing as sanity. Why? Because the nature of sanity depends on the context the term is used. A man living in squalor may call the rich man insane for wasting food, while the rich man in return may call the poor insane for living off his waste. You slaughter thousands and squander the resources of planets on foolish incursions to please a corpse and his corrupted followers. And you have the nerve to call me insane? Oh poor misguided individual, pray to whatever deity you serve and hope he is merciful, for those who find themselves trapped in the spiders web have little else they can do”

Lord Nerthro of the ‘Heralds of Absurdity’ to what remained of an Imperial scouting party
post #668 of 978 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnoftheclown View Post
So, with the mention of no interceptor, curious to know does this mean they are purely anti-flyer with just skyfire or that they will have a skyfire mode or none of the above?
I don't know yet honestly. I've been waiting for 40k Radio to start answering questions again so I can ask if either has a Groundfire mode.
post #669 of 978 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 04:20 PM
Waizer's Flag is: Wales

with a skyfire and ground fire mode i can see the hunter having a nice little place in an army. With that armourbane it should take out flyers quite effectively and engage vehicles if no flyers available... and if none of the above are avail you have a s7 ap2 gun with 60" range so a good 2+ save killer
post #670 of 978 (permalink) Old 08-19-13, 05:48 PM

Can't wait for September 7. C'mon!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode