Sisters of Battle Rumours - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 486 (permalink) Old 07-16-13, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Sisters of Battle Rumours

Surprised Zion hasn't got to this first. Anyway I couldn't find a thread mentioning this yet so here it goes.

Quote:
Sisters of Battle are getting a codex. What is it and how will it look is still a ways out. I have been hearing an occasional whisper or two on what is coming. Here is a brief on what I have been hearing over the last few months. But wait, there is some new hints of Sisters of Battle that were suggested over at the Enter the Citadel event. I have those listed here as well.

Sister's of Battle
From Various Sources and a lot of speculation
*They are not being dropped. They are getting their codex.
*There was some model design issues (common knowledge) from some time ago
*The army is currently not up to 6th edition standards, and needs to be fleshed out a lot (more units variability background etc)
*The codex was being worked on at one point, and stopped.
*Whispers of an Inquisition codex may have some bearing on this codex. (like moving from Daemonhunters to Grey Knights)

Recent Sisters of Battle News
via Enigwolf on dakka (thanks for the links)
I attended all of the Design sessions and because there weren't many people around, I manage to have very good, long conversions with Phil Kelly, Jervis Johnson, Guy Haley, and Jes Goodwin. I asked almost all of them about SoBs, and from the sounds of it it's not in the pipeline anytime soon. However, Phil Kelly has expressed interest in it, although he really wants to work on the IG 'dex because there's a certain "human" element to it missing from all the other races. He also mentioned that there are 3 Citadel Designers who have full SoB armies as their main army, and reassured me that they're still around. It's apparently also hard to "get rid" of a dex's contents once introduced, so no fear of Codex: Black Templars, etc. becoming a supplement. I prodded him more about how Witchhunter and Daemonhunters became Codex: GK, and he told me he wasn't involved in that, but it was an oddity within the office.

Oh yeah, one last thing about the Sisters of Battle. According to Phil Kelly, the reason why they never got plastic minis was because they couldn't be plastic moulded by the current process. He wasn't really sure what the issue was, but there was something about the sculpt which meant that it could only be cast in metal. Presumably this led to declining SoB sales and a lack of development in them as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....

Last edited by Jezlad; 07-31-13 at 05:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 486 (permalink) Old 07-17-13, 12:18 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

I was out part of the day. Until Heresy gets a staff cafeteria I need to do things like go shopping for food, and filling out paperwork for the community college,.

I'll add a couple notes of my own:

Sisters currently have issues in there current design having a lot of undercuts. I'm sure the newer designs have tried to address this, but there is still an issue with the sleeves and how to attach them so they hang naturally in relation to the arm position. I don't know what the proposed solution to that is.

I've also sent in a 9 page letter last month (yes a letter, not an email) detailing everything I could give them in both pros and cons on everything from my experiences playing the army and talking to others who do. This was basically play test feedback to give them some ideas of how the army is holding up and actually plays. I can't say they'll read it but I figured it was more proactive than sitting on my butt hoping for a new codex.
post #3 of 486 (permalink) Old 07-17-13, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah most players - Sisters players at least - were aware of the modelling issue. Which does make sense. So assuming this rumour is true it will be interesting to see how they have got around the issue.

Well for me I'm buying my sisters from GW still, yes it's costing me a lot, only buying one set a month so 3 sisters a month - some times more if I'm a good boy - , but at least it would mean GW are selling sisters even if I'm the only one doing it. So that's my way of doing something.

If true, its interesting that Phil Kelly has an interest in Sisters and 3 Citadel Designers have Sisters as their main force, since that flys in the face of the belief that people in the design team or at GW had any interest in them. So that could only be a good thing.

The final part regarding the lack of sales seems logical too, but that reads to me as a confession that the lack of sales is mostly down to it being metal, which is something many players have stated frequently.

I'm not taking any of it as gospel and just keep my hopes up for more info each Month, but it is somewhat interesting if true though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....

post #4 of 486 (permalink) Old 07-17-13, 01:57 AM

Just out of curiosity, how do the Sisters play in 6E? I'm not familiar with the army, but, curious as to their archetype in game.
post #5 of 486 (permalink) Old 07-17-13, 02:02 AM

Kettu's Flag is: Australia

This is new information? Sorry, must be in a time warp here, sounds like everything that has been said about them for the past few years just repeated.

'Sisters are not being dropped' and 'can't transition into plastic' is pretty much EVERYTHING that has been said to this point for the past few years.
Wake me when it's something new.

Quote:
And the lovely tales about how they almost won at the battle of shaggydog, almost survived the scouring of Rocksfalls, Almost did something in the purging of Pointless and
theybeatupsomehereticsafewyearsback
post #6 of 486 (permalink) Old 07-17-13, 03:47 AM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
Just out of curiosity, how do the Sisters play in 6E? I'm not familiar with the army, but, curious as to their archetype in game.
Less and less good as each new codex comes out. They have a good shot against Tyranids, Vanilla Marines, Blood Angels, Grey Knights and Space Wolves, but everything else has been an attempt to not get tabled in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
This is new information? Sorry, must be in a time warp here, sounds like everything that has been said about them for the past few years just repeated.

'Sisters are not being dropped' and 'can't transition into plastic' is pretty much EVERYTHING that has been said to this point for the past few years.
Wake me when it's something new.

The new part was Jervis specifically stating that Sisters were being worked on and weren't forgotten and Phil Kelly actually saying anything about them. But yes, it's what most Sisters players already knew.
post #7 of 486 (permalink) Old 07-17-13, 05:24 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
The new part was Jervis specifically stating that Sisters were being worked on
Where did he say that?
post #8 of 486 (permalink) Old 07-17-13, 05:49 AM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
Where did he say that?
Here. It's not stated directly, but seeing how long Dark Eldar were worked on in sporatic spurts I think this is still a fair statement:

Quote:
SISTERS OF BATTLE/BLACK TEMPLARS will get attention and are not in line to be dropped at this time. I spoke to Jervis Johnson and asked him myself and he said "Every army is getting worked on and will be updated in time."
post #9 of 486 (permalink) Old 07-17-13, 05:56 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

OK so the "New bit" isn't actually mentioned in the thread until now.

I have to agree with Kettu this is really nothing more concrete than anything that has gone before.

The "telling" statement from the reported discussions for me is "It's apparently also hard to "get rid" of a dex's contents once introduced" which points very strongly to them having looked very seriously at removing the army.

The only concrete thing I have seen in recent times that might be classified as something new for the Sisters is there absence from Apoc.
Not sure if anyone can confirm and I've not really seen the book beyond a quick flip through the shop copy but do they even rate a mention anywhere in the book?

Last edited by Magpie_Oz; 07-17-13 at 06:00 AM.
post #10 of 486 (permalink) Old 07-17-13, 06:19 AM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
OK so the "New bit" isn't actually mentioned in the thread until now.

I have to agree with Kettu this is really nothing more concrete than anything that has gone before.

The "telling" statement from the reported discussions for me is "It's apparently also hard to "get rid" of a dex's contents once introduced" which points very strongly to them having looked very seriously at removing the army.

The only concrete thing I have seen in recent times that might be classified as something new for the Sisters is there absence from Apoc.
Not sure if anyone can confirm and I've not really seen the book beyond a quick flip through the shop copy but do they even rate a mention anywhere in the book?
The comment about getting rid of an army could also be applied the Templars though and their book. Either way it's a wait and see game.

So this came out of another Faeit212 post:

Quote:
Phil Kelly confirms that Sisters of Battle could not be plastic moulded (and told us to check with Jes Goodwin for more information - I stupidly forgot to do so). He mentioned it had something to do with the amount of detail on every side and the way that the moulds were limited in two directions as well as their method of release.
I'd say that firmly points to Sisters will likely see at least some changing in their aesthetics as their current design that the studio was shooting for didn't work, assuming they weren't just trying to update them with the least amount of changes in plastic.

Perhaps there are issues with the shoulder pads and they haven't worked out how to make those a separate piece without making things worse? The detail there would cause some issues if it was still attached to the torso for molding I'd bet.

Honestly I can live with losing the sleeves as long as the boob-plate becomes less pronounced, or becomes something more reasonable, and the Sisters still keep their iconography. We'll see however. I'm just prepared for them to gain a new look that doesn't match the old one.

Last edited by Zion; 07-17-13 at 06:22 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode