Sisters of Battle Rumours - Page 40 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #391 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-19-13, 04:05 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
@Shandathe , which codex do you have? I have the iPad version.
ePub here.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-19-13, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheeviltwin View Post
Not just Space Marines, but a power weapon is pretty much 15pt cost across the board in 6ed (see codex: elder for example)
Thank you notification message... I'm going to have to point out that the Eldar who get Power Weapons are all WS4 or higher. Autarch, WS6. Dire Avenger Exarch, WS4. Howling Banshees, WS4 Power Swords with an Eldar thrown in free for every purchase

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #393 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-19-13, 06:50 PM

I have epub and can confirm the * on eviscerators only on Priests and Canonesses.

A 15 point power weapon is OK on Marines. etc., but I agree is pretty shit on sisters especially with WS3, S3, T3, I3, ouch. You have to really want that power axe.

Wife: "How much do you have invested in these ... miniatures?"

Me: "I don't think invested is the right word."

post #394 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-19-13, 10:12 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Any decent lore additions? I read the wargaming report and it mentioned some but I was wondering whether there's any one could provide some more detail?
post #395 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-19-13, 10:39 PM

Some small additions - the 6 Orders militant gain a bit more definition. There's some nice historical notes, some of which we haven't seen before, or which offer a different perspective, but it's a short section.

The units have small bits of fluff, but there's nothing new there... Well, I think Celestine is officially alive again. Or maybe just less officially dead?

The descriptions on the Relics are actually new, and personally, I like the quotes they sprinkled throughout the thing, even though most are - again - ones we've seen before.

Quote:
"Retreat? I have a score of the Emperor’s finest Battle Sisters at my command and you think a few hundred alien savages are cause to turn our back and flee? Let the enemy come, they shall find neither our resolve nor our aim wavering." - Sister Superior Lacena, Order of Our Martyred Lady
Overall, don't buy this one for fluff.

post #396 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-19-13, 11:53 PM

A few things.
The power weapon cost is to be expected. For one thing, if you give a Power Maul to a Priest and get The Emperor's Strength, that little guy is S5 AP2, or can Smash at S8, making him quite nasty.
Repentia are certainly still a bit dodgy, but improve with Jacobus if he's the Warlord, gaining 5++ which he can make re-rollable.
The condemnor is being called a meta-breaker. It causes Perils on a unit that it hits, meaning two shots from them kill all the Heralds in a Screamerstar. It also works on models with Psychic Pilot, making for a potential shock for Grey Knight tanks (serves 'em right)
You can stack Priests in one unit, and get a Conclave for each Priest. You can stick Crusaders at the front and give them a re-roll on their 3++.
Dominions got a lot better with the option for 4 specials in a 5-strong squad, but their Act is pointless with flamers.
The Canoness can now get an Eviscerator, a Rosarius, and Eternal Warrior and come in at the same cost as Celestine. That's certainly better than her previous incarnation, though whether S6 AP2 is worth losing the benefits of the Saint is debatable.
I think Jacobus is the stand-out, though. An extra Act of Faith, Fearless and Counter-attack in a 12" bubble, decent melee if he uses Strength adds up to a lot for not many points. A 20-strong squad with Simulacrum, Jacobus, a Canoness with Litanies of Faith and several Priests is now in death-star territory, which is certainly novel.

Armies and other stuff:
http://majere613.deviantart.com/
Short stories and writing:
http://thetheleniccurriculum.blogspot.co.uk/
My novel, The Wake of Manadar, on Kindle:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=1&*entries*=0
post #397 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 12:45 AM

Creon's Flag is: USA

This codex hit a few things hard with the nerf bat, did some odd things, and did some nice things, I have to disagree about the haters.

Celestine got nerfed. That everyone had to see coming. Only one "we'll be back" a game. But, she's fully healed and more likely to succeed.

Repentia: Give up and go home. No chance of ever delivering to HTH. Drop.

Odd things: taking confessors away. mixing stuff up. I don't mind two acts of faith a game. Just makes a simulacrum more important.

Good things = All the warlord trains are Great. I like them. And a more consistent codex. I'm going to play a full sisters list, and enjoy it.
post #398 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creon View Post
Good things = All the warlord trains are Great. I like them. And a more consistent codex. I'm going to play a full sisters list, and enjoy it.
A canoness with Rage is "great"? I agree the amount of good warlord traits is higher than the amount of absolute shit ones, but "They're all great" is way too starry-eyed fanboy-squeal level of optimism, and by "optimism" I mean "huge pieces of ham stuck on the eyes".

Gaining Rage on a canoness is shit. Gaining Fear on a canoness is still shit because it doesn't work against anyone you're going to need it against, and you're most likely going to win against those you don't need it against in any case, assuming it ever boils down to a close combat, which you're supposed to avoid in the first place with sisters. Except the best boosts the codex got are in the CC department, which 6e nerfed to hell and back with quite the abandon.

Oh, and 15 points might be the 6e standard, but even an Eldar guardian with a power weapon is more useful than a veteran superior with a power weapon: WS4 I4 means he's most likely going to have a chance to use it when he needs it, and it only gets better the more "elite" the unit is, not to mention an Autarch is better than a Canoness in practically everything and his upgrades leave her in the dust extremely quickly.

Also, as a friend of mine noted while laughing his ass off at my nerfs, even Chaos, one of the worst 6e codexes, gets a +2S AP2 weapon for 5 points more than the Blade of Admonition, except it also grants +1d6 attacks and is wielded by a model that is way stronger than a canoness in the first place. It's not nice when a dedicated close combat relic pales in comparison to the relics in other armies for the same price range, and that's even before accounting for the weaker model that gets to wield it.
post #399 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majere613 View Post
The power weapon cost is to be expected. For one thing, if you give a Power Maul to a Priest and get The Emperor's Strength, that little guy is S5 AP2, or can Smash at S8, making him quite nasty.
And one model who MIGHT do something is a lousy thing to balance the prices for everyone else around. Not that they did, as noted before they just straight up copied and pasted prices from Codex: Space Marines.

Quote:
Repentia are certainly still a bit dodgy, but improve with Jacobus if he's the Warlord, gaining 5++ which he can make re-rollable.
No, we left Dodgytown two Codices ago. They're unusable for the third in a row. Due to lack of Assault Ramps they'll be open to at least one turn of enemy fire and then still need to get through Overwatch, THEN need to survive being at Initiative one (Act does help there, but there's not going to be many of them left at this point).

Quote:
The condemnor is being called a meta-breaker. It causes Perils on a unit that it hits, meaning two shots from them kill all the Heralds in a Screamerstar. It also works on models with Psychic Pilot, making for a potential shock for Grey Knight tanks (serves 'em right)
Perils of the Warp only does a single Wound, and if you're fighting an army with a lot of Psykers, that's normally still kinda meh. For an all-comers list, it's far too situational - Psykers aren't anywhere near as bad as mages in WFB to begin with, and all Sisters have Adamantium Will now to make them even easier to tackle.

Quote:
You can stack Priests in one unit, and get a Conclave for each Priest. You can stick Crusaders at the front and give them a re-roll on their 3++.
... once they're in CC. It's a very important qualification in the current shooty environment. Priests are good for their cost, but there are gradations.

Quote:
Dominions got a lot better with the option for 4 specials in a 5-strong squad, but their Act is pointless with flamers.
Twin-Linked was great. Ignores Cover is situational, and pretty bad overall. You can toss more Specials in there, which keep them in the game, but you're paying for those. I'd not call it an improvement overall. About balances out.

Quote:
The Canoness can now get an Eviscerator, a Rosarius, and Eternal Warrior and come in at the same cost as Celestine. That's certainly better than her previous incarnation, though whether S6 AP2 is worth losing the benefits of the Saint is debatable.
If she could have a Jump Pack to get her the mobility she needs to fully use it, it probably would be. As it is, no - though the Command Squad may make it worth it depending on build.

Quote:
I think Jacobus is the stand-out, though. An extra Act of Faith, Fearless and Counter-attack in a 12" bubble, decent melee if he uses Strength adds up to a lot for not many points. A 20-strong squad with Simulacrum, Jacobus, a Canoness with Litanies of Faith and several Priests is now in death-star territory, which is certainly novel.
It's a death-star once it is IN CLOSE COMBAT. With War Hymns stacking up in the Fight Sub-Phase (which is the ONLY time they work), things look pretty good - but a Battle Cannon shot or two from afar will ruin your day. Admittedly it's a cheap enough death-star that it won't ruin your game (and it will attract fire from other things). Note the Canoness doesn't really have a role in this unit - you can put the Litanies on a Priest.

post #400 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 05:34 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Moving away from how good or bad the book is (for a minute or two at least), I spotted some stuff in the iPad Glossary I thought was worth noting: http://www.talkwargaming.com/2013/10...culations.html

Anyone wanna make their own theories?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode