Sisters of Battle Rumours - Page 26 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #251 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 12:20 PM

Ryu_Niimura's Flag is: Netherlands

Ah I see we reached the infamous turning point of bitching about not getting a codex at all and bitching about not liking what's in it I'm absolutely loving it and hoping for some plastic/resign models, if so I'm definetly starting a SoB army in the future!^^

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 01:17 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

What I really want to see is what they've done with the stuff that was (still) useless in the WDex. Notably Repentia and the Penitent Engine, both of which don't seem to fill any role but that of expensive ablative armour for the rest of the army. I've yet to see either actually ACHIEVE something beyond attracting enemy fire.

... Other than one battle in 5th that had a Space Marine blow up a Rhino with Repentia in it with a close by Land Raider as his last action in his Shooting Phase - only to then realize what that meant.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #253 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 01:30 PM

GOD DAMN YOU GW! Just when I said I'm not wasting anymore money this month you have to come out with this..please tell me it's not released until the end of the month.

P.S. Wait...really 15 additional Sisters for a total of 20? That seems a bit much. Sigh looks like I know what allied detachment I'm going to start with, if the sisters are in plastic/ cheap finecast

Last edited by locustgate; 10-10-13 at 01:37 PM.

post #254 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
GOD DAMN YOU GW! Just when I said I'm not wasting anymore money this month you have to come out with this..please tell me it's not released until the end of the month.

P.S. Wait...really 15 additional Sisters for a total of 20? That seems a bit much. Sigh looks like I know what allied detachment I'm going to start with, if the sisters are in plastic/ cheap finecast
Battle Sisters could go up to 20 since the Witch Hunter codex, so that's nothing new.
post #255 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 02:50 PM

Dagmire's Flag is: United Kingdom

As a long time (long suffering) SOB player I think that any attention the sisters get is good attention.

Please listen to my PODCAST

http://www.theoverlords.co.uk/podcast/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraknarn
This unholy amalgum of womanly sexiness with unfathomable macho should never have been created. Birth rates will plummit, the entire male population will be turned, women kind everywhere will cry desperately to ravished, but no man will heed the call except Dagmire himself. Perhaps this has been Dagmires plan all along. . . . . .
post #256 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 04:07 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

In the WDdex both Repentia and Penitent Engines got a lot better than in C:WH. For one, Repentia could ride in tanks. And Engines could get double digits of attacks in combat... Plus Rage no longer meant they had to charge pellmell, but instead just got extra attacks

Let's see what the whole thing does now. I'll be happy if the Canoness and retinue are worth taking...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #257 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Um, boss?"
"What's the matter webguy?"
"Derp. I deleted the interwebs......"
It probably wasn't a goof. It's possible they were just revamping things and he found it mid update. Retail websites go through changes all the time, and items will appear and disappear. Perhaps it was given a new item number, or there was an auto-update to the product's ID or something. Or they've been making changes to the pages. Could have even been an inventory thing.

It's like everyone wants to be Sam Spade and find the first clue or something to post about on a forum. The problem is, usually they just end up being Inspector Clouseau.

The reality is that it's short disappearance just had to do with maintenance/modification to the page or the item, and not a mistake.

If Marneus Calgar is supposed to be "one of the Imperium's greatest tacticians" and he treats the Codex like it's the War Bible, but the Codex is garbage, then how bad is everyone else?

True Scale Space Marines: An odyssey in posing, tall scaling and other madness.

The Brief and Humorous History of the Horus Heresy
post #258 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
In the WDdex both Repentia and Penitent Engines got a lot better than in C:WH. For one, Repentia could ride in tanks. And Engines could get double digits of attacks in combat... Plus Rage no longer meant they had to charge pellmell, but instead just got extra attacks

Let's see what the whole thing does now. I'll be happy if the Canoness and retinue are worth taking...
Penitent Engines didn't start that way in the WD codex. Remember we had a year of being in 5th edition where they completely sucked. I will try to remain cautiously optimistic however about this new codex. I am a mild pessimist by nature unfortunately as my lack of faith in the rest of humanity is constantly sustained. When something good happens though, I am that much happier for it.
post #259 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewm9 View Post
Penitent Engines didn't start that way in the WD codex. Remember we had a year of being in 5th edition where they completely sucked. I will try to remain cautiously optimistic however about this new codex. I am a mild pessimist by nature unfortunately as my lack of faith in the rest of humanity is constantly sustained. When something good happens though, I am that much happier for it.
True, but what you have to bear in mind is that the WDdex was written for 6th, and when penned the rulebook was finished and ready to go to pre-production. So in the writers eyes, they were always that way in this version. I remember playing a game against Phil just before the WDdex came out, and he was very confused about what things did, and how 40k worked in 5th.

Once they'd written it, they would have gotten someone else to go through it and change names back to 5th ed versions.

post #260 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 06:02 PM

I'm really hoping some of the things that got sent to them have been taken into account. I forwarded several critiques for people from this forum, as well as my own. *fingers crossed*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode