Sisters of Battle Rumours - Page 25 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-09-13, 10:09 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonkingofthestars View Post

is it just me? or does she look like a psyker?
That's Ephrael "Motherfucking" Stern, one of the most badass people to walk the Imperium.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-09-13, 10:10 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonkingofthestars View Post

is it just me? or does she look like a psyker?
Have you not read Daemonifuge? That's Ephrael Stern.

Edit: dammit, ninja'ed

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #243 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-09-13, 10:12 PM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
The original Sisters Codex wasn't that big! Interesting...

Though the WD one was still 15pages when I made it into a PDF, and that was cutting out the fluff and gumph. Add in backstory, more pictures, a few missions and formations... Yeah, I can see it getting quite big. But not *that* big...
2 iPad pages is roughly 1 normal sized page. So we have over 50 pages of stuff.

That's at least 20 more than what we had before.

post #244 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 12:39 AM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suijin View Post
Damn, who is going to pay +10 points for +1 LD, +1 A??? So you are paying 12+10 = 22 points for that one model.
I strongly suspect that, much like in Witch Hunters, the VSS also comes with a Faith Point or whatever will be needed to activate Acts of Faith in this Codex, so that things scale properly with the army again. Emperor (and GW) knows that a straight 1d6 no matter how many points you had on the table rarely seemed the right amount.

Note she already came with a slight surcharge in the WDex - a basic squad of 10 Battle Sisters costs 125 points there ( 10 * 12 leaves 5 points unaccounted for, which is the higher Ld). A 5 point adjustment doesn't seem THAT bad, especially if my suspicion above comes true.

Note the other adjustment as well... at 10 points, a Simulacrum actually starts looking interesting - admittedly depending on what it DOES in this Codex, but still!

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #245 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 12:46 AM

As for the Purge Squadron... That was in WD 384 before. I'm wondering if we'll actually get a new Formation or if this is just re-establishing the few ones that existed before the new Apocalypse came along. It does seem like it'd be a place where they could really add something new, though still made up of existing stuff.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.

Last edited by Shandathe; 10-10-13 at 12:48 AM.
post #246 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
I'd love Finecast Penitent Engines and Exorcists!
I'm convinced they made at least one Penitent Engine in Finecast. Check the White Dwarf Codex - one of the Penitent Engines in the pictures is balanced on one leg. I'm 90% sure that model is too top-heavy in metal for that pose to be possible, and there's some added slight conversions (like the bend 'toes' on the lifted leg) that at least suggest it was easier to modify than the metal one is.

post #247 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 01:39 AM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandathe View Post
I'm convinced they made at least one Penitent Engine in Finecast. Check the White Dwarf Codex - one of the Penitent Engines in the pictures is balanced on one leg. I'm 90% sure that model is too top-heavy in metal for that pose to be possible, and there's some added slight conversions (like the bend 'toes' on the lifted leg) that at least suggest it was easier to modify than the metal one is.
Or it's a resin cast of the master (they do that so they don't damage the master when making a mold out of it).
post #248 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 05:11 AM

Quote:
I strongly suspect that, much like in Witch Hunters, the VSS also comes with a Faith Point or whatever will be needed to activate Acts of Faith in this Codex, so that things scale properly with the army again. Emperor (and GW) knows that a straight 1d6 no matter how many points you had on the table rarely seemed the right amount.

Note she already came with a slight surcharge in the WDex - a basic squad of 10 Battle Sisters costs 125 points there ( 10 * 12 leaves 5 points unaccounted for, which is the higher Ld). A 5 point adjustment doesn't seem THAT bad, especially if my suspicion above comes true.

Note the other adjustment as well... at 10 points, a Simulacrum actually starts looking interesting - admittedly depending on what it DOES in this Codex, but still!
We shall about the faith point thing, but even if it is true then faith powers better be more powerful than chapter tactics for SM who get them free compared to Adepta Sororitas in the case you stated. SM can also use the chapter tactics as many times as called for with 100% chance to actually use them. The previous listed faith powers were about the same power as chapter tactics, but could only be used 1D6 times per turn as an army, only on your turn, and with only about a 50% chance of success to get to use it.

So it may just kill me waiting for the codex to see what is in it.

Wife: "How much do you have invested in these ... miniatures?"

Me: "I don't think invested is the right word."
post #249 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 06:50 AM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
I was on 'Eavy Metal at the time of the Penitent Engine's release. Seb converted that one, and whilst a lot of it was metal, some bits were resin castings. We did get resins of a lot of models in when either the production metal castings or plastics weren't in yet.

The original Necron release - every necron in that was a resin cast, with the rods being done in green resin. The plastics weren't ready til almost the point of release, a month after we'd finished the colour section.

I'm oddly pleased that even this far on, a lot of the models in the new Sisters 'dex will be my handiwork

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #250 of 486 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 11:00 AM

I'm somewhat disappointed to see that Sisters are still 12 points a model, when they're worse than Chaos marines on all accounts and for just 1 less point. I guess the real divide will be the revamp of faith powers: I can still take 12 points per model if I get some actually useful faith powers in change, not 1d6 powers no matter the point level that only get off 50% of the time and only in my turn.

I'm also a little sad to see veteran superiors at 10 points, that's ridiculous, even if it's just "technically" a 5 points surcharge from the previous version, with the option to not get her at all if I'm not into that (unfortunately I'm into that, so I'll waste tens of points for nothing). On the other hand, I'm glad to see the simulacrum's cost halved, 20 points was pure, unadulterated bullshit.

And DEAR ME, FINALLY SOMEONE NOTICED THAT A MINIMUM SQUAD OF 10 WAS KIND OF STUPID.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode