Sisters of Battle Rumours - Page 14 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 486 (permalink) Old 09-28-13, 05:53 AM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

I'm just hoping it's not the chopping block.

Again.

This just means the light at the end of the tunnel hasn't been switched off as a cost-cutting measure. It has yet to be confirmed it's not an incoming train.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 486 (permalink) Old 09-28-13, 07:11 PM

So when does the WD say the digital edition is going to be released?

Wife: "How much do you have invested in these ... miniatures?"

Me: "I don't think invested is the right word."
post #133 of 486 (permalink) Old 09-28-13, 07:56 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suijin View Post
So when does the WD say the digital edition is going to be released?
Not yet. Maybe next week as the BA book and the Sisters one haven't hit iTunes yet.

And I don't think this is a sign of the Sisters getting put on the chopping block but rather a sign that GW is actually trying to do something with them again.

I think we'll know more here in a week or so.

post #134 of 486 (permalink) Old 09-28-13, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Not yet. Maybe next week as the BA book and the Sisters one haven't hit iTunes yet.

And I don't think this is a sign of the Sisters getting put on the chopping block but rather a sign that GW is actually trying to do something with them again.

I think we'll know more here in a week or so.
This kind of throws a spanner in my plans: I was going to buy up some imperial guard to use as allies (or to use as main with sister allies), but now that we're getting a digital codex and the rumours of being shoved into an "Inquisition" codex that also features Grey Knights and will most likely use their ally chart means I'm not so sure of that any more.

Still, I'd be very glad if "Inquisition" gets all shoved in one place for simplicity and variety's sake, and hope the new codex will feature some tweaking even if I know there's no new models coming. Now I'll have to wait instead of investing.

... Of course the new Dark Elves have come out and I was just thinking what to do with those I had bought 14 years ago and have been sitting on my shelf all the time...
post #135 of 486 (permalink) Old 09-28-13, 11:55 PM

I can see it now.

Exorcists are now 275 points each.
Seraphims are now 30 points each with 20 point weapon upgrades
Sisters of Repentia lose Fleet, Lose 6++ and lose 1 WS.
Battle Sisters go up 10 points and can only buy 15 point Flamers.

Or something as ridiculous. The don't care about SoB. It's too expensive to make the models right, not enough people will buy them, they have warehouses full of pewter models, unsold.

Yes. This is me being pessimistic, but I have on other choice.
post #136 of 486 (permalink) Old 09-29-13, 12:47 AM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

I'm sure they'll leave the poor Repentia alone. They're useless enough as it is. Celestine on the other hand... I echo your pessimism. Except I don't think they'll really have changed ANYTHING other than adding in the Warlord traits and 6th edition stuff (ie. Hull Points) the blurb promises.

Of course, all of this doesn't address the actual problem - we need plastic Sisters in squad boxes, and some new toys like ANYTHING with SkyFire that's not a quadgun - at all.

Given that the Toughest Girls kickstarter collected near 700k in a month, there's obviously a market for sci-fi females. Even in the current situation, the Sisters have maintained a following. If done right, the Sisters of Battle would probably be GWs 2nd or 3rd best selling army.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #137 of 486 (permalink) Old 09-29-13, 01:31 AM

Frankly if you expect really anything besides a reprint of the WD with errata and FAQ changes then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Now if it actually happens, by some miracle of the Emperor, that they get something more then you can be happy after seeing it happen.

Wife: "How much do you have invested in these ... miniatures?"

Me: "I don't think invested is the right word."
post #138 of 486 (permalink) Old 09-29-13, 04:41 AM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troublehalf View Post
The don't care about SoB.
Phil Kelly was quoted as having ideas for the army about a month ago, and that there are people on the Dev team who play the army. We've seen Matt Ward can actually write Sisters decently if he's writing their fluff and Cruddace collects them.

Who doesn't care about them again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troublehalf View Post
It's too expensive to make the models right, not enough people will buy them, they have warehouses full of pewter models, unsold.
Enter the Citadel it was said on record that Sister hadn't gotten plastics due to a lack of equipment that was good enough to handle what they're trying to do with them. They also said that problem has been fixed.

Furthermore, by GW's own financial sheets the molding equipment depreciates completely every 4 years, so they look at replacing it for better equipment about that time. We saw this last years when they bout new equipment that let them get even more detailed and showed it off as part of the Hobbit stuff.

Dark Eldar, Necrons and Grey Knights didn't really sell before their reboots either.

Oh and GW hasn't been keeping a high stock of Sisters models for a while now or they wouldn't keep running out of stock every so often. Instead they do small batches of them as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suijin View Post
Frankly if you expect really anything besides a reprint of the WD with errata and FAQ changes then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Now if it actually happens, by some miracle of the Emperor, that they get something more then you can be happy after seeing it happen.
The blurb about it says "...includes all the background, photography and rules (all updated for Warhammer 40,000 6th edition, including Warlord traits)...". From that we can infer that it will the following:

• Hull Points
  • Warlord Traits
  • Relics (at least on the SCs)
  • Errata Changes from FAQs
  • Rules changed to now be the USRs
  • Seraphim losing their shooting rule as it's covered by Gunslinger
  • New pictures (since most of the existing ones date back to 2nd Edition and the terrain of the time)

What we don't know if it will have:
  • The old background worked back in (a lot was left out)
  • Points adjustments
  • Generic Relics
  • More wargear
  • More options
  • Ect
We've got evidence that they're giving us something and they didn't just give us a poorly converted PDF and ask for our money. Let's at least wait until the preview hits online (assuming the full release doesn't go live at the same time) and see if anything is different before we start pissing and moaning already. FFS show some dignity and at least wait for the actual digital codex to drop before we start passing judgment on it.

And people wonder why everyone sees Sisters players as a bunch of whiny gits. Yeesh. Quit making us all look bad already.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokuren View Post
This kind of throws a spanner in my plans: I was going to buy up some imperial guard to use as allies (or to use as main with sister allies), but now that we're getting a digital codex and the rumours of being shoved into an "Inquisition" codex that also features Grey Knights and will most likely use their ally chart means I'm not so sure of that any more.

Still, I'd be very glad if "Inquisition" gets all shoved in one place for simplicity and variety's sake, and hope the new codex will feature some tweaking even if I know there's no new models coming. Now I'll have to wait instead of investing.
Inquisition rumor was debunked a long while ago, and it never made sense anyways. The book would be a bloated and disjointed mess.

That doesn't rule out a return of the Ordos Hereticus to the army though as we may see them reintroduced in this digital codex, depending on who wrote it and all.

Last edited by Zion; 09-29-13 at 04:44 AM.
post #139 of 486 (permalink) Old 09-29-13, 02:29 PM
Token Trans Mod

From DakkaDakka:

Quote:
Spoke to Cruddence @ Games Day re SoB asking if the digital version is his WD dex. He confirmed it is, hes been involved in the writing of the warlord traits was the impression I got. He also told me they'velooked at the scaling issue for faith points and that there's been 'minor' point tweaks. Release date is for next month (October). Interestingly he said it'll probably be treat like a supplement in that if it sells well as a digital it's probably get a physical release. Spoke to someone from the digital editions stand and they confirmed it'll be for Android aswell as Ipad.
So some point tweaks are in.
post #140 of 486 (permalink) Old 09-29-13, 02:39 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

That actually sounds good. I am thinking that we're getting a streamlined and updated WD 'dex, adjusted to current standards. I am cautiously hopeful.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode