Games Workshop Cypher non-affiliated Independant Character rumor - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-13, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

Default Games Workshop Cypher non-affiliated Independant Character rumor

So, I was off today and happened to go into an LGS while running errands. While there I happened upon a conversation that was on-going and took the time to listen in and eventually participate.

Grain of Salt time.

Listening in on this, the guy doing most of the talking was running off at the mouth about having a relative who works for GW out of Memphis. According to this relative there is talk that there will be a WD issue that is going to coincide with a release of non-affiliated Independant Characters, such as Cypher, that can fulfill portions of an Allied FoC. How this is supposed to work I don't know and he didn't seem to have an answer either. But, apparently this allows these characters to invalidate other portions of the Allied FoC since they're non-affiliated and not working with other factions. These characters will also have a mini Allies List of who they will and will not work with.

To me, this just sounds like a spreading of wishful thinking and that someone has conjured up. But, I don't know if there is the slightest possibility of this remotely being true. Sounds like if true, Cypher could end up being like a 40K Boba Fett of sorts since it sounds like he and the others in this supposed lot will act as Mercs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-13, 12:28 AM

jams's Flag is: Wales

Sounds promising if true but I've got a hunch that this is wishful thinking...

Follow my online ramblings:
Blog: http://crucible-of-fate.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: @geochimp
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-13, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jams View Post
Sounds promising if true but I've got a hunch that this is wishful thinking...
Ditto. I just can't see this happening with how GW is currently doing things. Releasing a string of unaffiliated characters with their own rules specifically for an Allied FoC doesn't seem to fit.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-13, 01:16 AM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Yeah.. really can't see this happening with how things are currently.... and given that there are so few non affiliated characters in the 40k universe...

Also, all of the design studios etc are in the UK, so the Memphis guys would know jack about whats coming up given GW's shut down on rumours.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-13, 03:46 AM

It would be interesting, but indeed they would need to invent a bunch of characters and possibly units and give them a Codex for it to mean much. Sure they could put stats in WD's like they have and that would be interesting save for the fact that we would HAVE to have to WD to get them most likely anyway.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-13, 11:42 AM

I reaaaaalllllllyyy want this to be true because he is awesome but I doubt it because they could have asily put Cypher in the CSM/DA dex, but I do remeber hearing something about Cypher in the CSM rumours and the DA 'dex does talk a lot more about him, so it could have been held back, could this be something to with all the supplement stuff we have heard going around lately?

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-13, 03:04 PM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

I think what's probably more likely is a Fallen supplement at some point in the future, featuring Cypher as an HQ choice and opening up some extra goodies for your Chaos Dark Angels.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-13, 03:31 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Sounds like total bollocks, but it would mean I could use my Cypher model outside of count as in my Sisters of Battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-13, 04:26 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
I think what's probably more likely is a Fallen supplement at some point in the future, featuring Cypher as an HQ choice and opening up some extra goodies for your Chaos Dark Angels.
This seems the most logical to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-13, 05:27 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
I'd take the idea a step further personally and say he's a supplement character who is only available in specific missions much like the way it was done in Iyanden.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode