Warmachine Releases for 16 June 2013 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-13, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Default Warmachine Releases for 16 June 2013

From BoLS:

Quote:
Preivateer Press Weekly Roundup: Clockwork Angels & MORE!

WOW, you've got to see these models more closely. These are going to "fly" off the shelves. Privateer unveiled some beauties this week.

ooo, fancy transparent bases...

Product summary:
-An extensive account of the history, culture, and society of Cygnar, Khador, Llael, Ord, and the Protectorate of Menoth.
-New careers, skills, and spells to empower your character to take on the perils of the Iron Kingdoms.
-New equipment, including new mechanika and magic weapons from the Iron Kingdomsí military armories.
-New steamjacks, including an arsenal of warjacks from the battlefields of western Immoren.
-New regional and military adventuring companies, each with its own theme and benefits.
-A comprehensive overview of life in the Iron Kingdoms and the history of western Immoren.

I'll be honest, the Convergence stuff looks pretty sweet. I've been very slowly warming up to Privateer Press' style that they have and these new models are the nicest I've seen yet.

And no, they won't work as Sisters of Battle (beyond maybe the caster on top being a count-as Celestine) because they used larger bases for all their models. Celestine runs around on a Terminator base, so that's about the only one that'd fit properly size wise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 12:17 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

The difference in size isn't that far off really. You could use the majority of their 30mm stuff as gw infantry sized models.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
The difference in size isn't that far off really. You could use the majority of their 30mm stuff as gw infantry sized models.
Those models are a bit one the extra tall side though, and a fair number of the infantry models are closer to being Terminators than Space Marines.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 01:07 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

I have yet to see a 30mm WM model that wouldn't work as a GW 28mm model. WM has a lot of 40mm models, that are termy size I agree. Those guys up there would only be taller in terms of the wings than a normal gw model.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 02:05 AM

Kettu's Flag is: Australia

Ok, not Sisters specifically but they'd make good Eldar.

Also, Auora's wings would work for Celestine whilst her Angel Cohorts would work for Seraphim (Remember when they had the monopoly on Winged Imperium jetpacks?
)

Red text is for Mods only

Norm

Quote:
And the lovely tales about how they almost won at the battle of shaggydog, almost survived the scouring of Rocksfalls, Almost did something in the purging of Pointless and
theybeatupsomehereticsafewyearsback

Last edited by normtheunsavoury; 06-25-13 at 04:18 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
I have yet to see a 30mm WM model that wouldn't work as a GW 28mm model. WM has a lot of 40mm models, that are termy size I agree. Those guys up there would only be taller in terms of the wings than a normal gw model.
Fair enough. My collection is fairly small of what I have so I guess my perception is just a bit skewed.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 12:34 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Mmm, tasty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-13, 06:47 PM

Pandawithissues...'s Flag is: England

Just put them on GW bases? It's really not that hard. I'd be more worried about the fact that there only seems to be 2(!) sculpts for the whole unit. A leader and a single trooper. I know PP are awful for repeating sculpts and doing the bare minimum, but (if this is the case) this is really a new low for them, despite how nice the models actually look.

It's about time they started boxing up the cavalry really.

Death magnetic: 5 slabs of vinyl: Pure spinning ecstasy.

Last edited by Pandawithissues...; 06-19-13 at 11:44 AM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-13, 03:27 AM

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

I recall asking questions about war machine and GW models with regards of using Jack limbs on a dreadnought and using some of there models as sister character proxy's. The pictures scscofield posted showed that the some of the bigger knights can hold there own against space marines in terminator for there size, the smaller guys in armor can hold up to a space marine, while those in lighter armor could be good guardsmen, or sisters.

Heavy Jacks and dreadnoughts also match well, and I suspect Colossi can do as titan's, no idea where light jacks or battle engines stand though.

the models are great, the only problem I have is that everything is made of BEEPEN METAL! if not for that I would defintly be tempted to run trenchers as Kreig proxy's. There just awesome looking.

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

Last edited by dragonkingofthestars; 06-25-13 at 03:30 AM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-13, 01:08 PM

Pandawithissues...'s Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonkingofthestars View Post
I recall asking questions about war machine and GW models with regards of using Jack limbs on a dreadnought and using some of there models as sister character proxy's. The pictures scscofield posted showed that the some of the bigger knights can hold there own against space marines in terminator for there size, the smaller guys in armor can hold up to a space marine, while those in lighter armor could be good guardsmen, or sisters.

Heavy Jacks and dreadnoughts also match well, and I suspect Colossi can do as titan's, no idea where light jacks or battle engines stand though.

the models are great, the only problem I have is that everything is made of BEEPEN METAL! if not for that I would defintly be tempted to run trenchers as Kreig proxy's. There just awesome looking.
The light 'jacks are variable in size. They aren't always much shorter than the heavies, but are often smaller in terms of frame. They're probably ~1.5 to 2x the height of a typical 28mm infantryman. There isn't really much in the way of equivalent size in GW terms, maybe stuff like Kroxigor, Ushabti, Ogryns, Rat Ogres in terms of height and frame.

You should be pleased that some of the infantry are still metal. The PP plastic is appalling, and far inferior, as well as different in consistency to the GW stuff. In general, the mould lines are poorly positioned, the pieces do not come on sprues, leading to frequent bending and sometimes damage, and the material is an absolute ballache to clean up with a craft knife, as it has a slight rubbery consistency. It doesn't preserve detail very well, and does not take a file well AT ALL.

Just my experience, having desprued a bunch of PP plastic 'jacks and some of the Cinerators.

The PP metals on the other hand are often very detailed, though some of the older models do not necessarily fit together particularly flush (especially in the hordes range), and some of the really old ones lack detail as the mould has worn down.

Death magnetic: 5 slabs of vinyl: Pure spinning ecstasy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode