40k Apocalypse Rumours - Page 30 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #291 of 307 (permalink) Old 07-09-13, 04:49 PM

The plus side is that non vehicles are much more survivable against Str D than non SH vehicles. Infantry list could feasibly do better now. Super Heavies are buffed from forge world's 6th end patch. But honestly they needed it. FW had them stun/shaken locked into oblivion until they folded from hull points.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 307 (permalink) Old 07-09-13, 04:58 PM

d3m01iti0n's Flag is: USA

Damn BT should get FnP all the time!
post #293 of 307 (permalink) Old 07-09-13, 05:15 PM

HAs anyone heard anything about the monolith phalanx? or the other monolith-based formation? It doesn't appear to be on the lists of what is in or out.

So are all the formations not used in this book now not usable, obviously you would have to use the most up to date version of any o the formations whih have been updated, but can you still use old ones?

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow

post #294 of 307 (permalink) Old 07-10-13, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Default Apocalypse Leak! 27 Leaked Pages

So who wants to see a bunch of pages out of the Apoc book leaked on Chinese websites? Well here you go, by the way of a Spanish speaking messageboard:

Source: WARHAMMER FREAK FACTORY - Índice de subforos

Last edited by Zion; 07-10-13 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Missed one! It's fixed now!
post #295 of 307 (permalink) Old 07-10-13, 07:46 AM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

Looks pretty fun with all the bits and bobs shown there. But as I have been thinking, Apocalypse appears to be less "big games of 40K" and more like Storm of Magic is for Fantasy. You still use all the same models, plus a few more as well as most of the basic rules plus a bunch more. I'm liking most of what I see.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."
post #296 of 307 (permalink) Old 07-10-13, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Some of the Q&A from Faeit212:

Quote:
Q: What's the rules on vehicle damage chart and super heavies?
A: Super heavies ignore shaken/stunned/immobilised/weapon destroyed, for explode they take an extra D3 hull points damage.

Q: Tesseract Vault. Any unique rules, armour values. Also describe some of its powers too if you can. And maybe give a general point cost.
A: Tesseract vault - 14AV all around. Points cost is 315 but can double up delending on what powers you choose (up to 2). One of them is a 48" S8 AP3 Heavy 6D6 attack, another is a hellstorm template S:D ap1.

Q: Same for the Obelisk too. How does its gravation pulse work and how strong is it
A: Obelisk gravity pulse: all flyers or skimmer within 24" suffer a S8 Ap4 on the side armour. Also has four weapons (the tesla spheres at the corners)

Q: Is there any mention of superhevies and the like that were left out, such as the Plaguereaper
A: Nothing about the missing ones, remember we'll be seeing the new Imperial armour apocalypse soon though so there might be something new there.

Q: What does the big formation of Wraithknights do?
A: For each wraithknight there is in the formation you add that number to their movement, charge range, WS and BS, so if you have 5 thats +5 to all the things I mentioned. Doesnt need to be close together.

Q: What does the big formation with all the Necron Monoliths do?
A: The baleful necroplis consists of 8 monoliths and 1 tesseract vault. The vault will have an extra S:D weapon and each monolith close to it can increase it's range. Any monolith close to the vault also gets it will not die and 6+ inv and then increases upo to 4+ inv depending on how many monoliths are close.

Q: Is there anything for the Sisters of Battle? Not Imperium General, but Sister of Battle Specific.
A: Nothing for Sisters of battle.

Q: Alright, so how is the "everyone can take super heavies" thing actually work?
A: You can use anythign on your army, so if you want to use a tau army with a tesseract vault and a lord of skulls you can do that, there's no restrictions at all.

Q: What do the sons of Vulkan do during there finest hour?
A: Warlord's melee attacks are S:10 and all weapons use by him gain concussive and strikedown

Q: What does the ravenwing formation do?
A: Ranges of Icon of the Old Caliban and shround of the angels is doubled. Once per game all the formation can turbo boost and shoot as well.

Q: What do the tau strategic assest do and what about thier formations
A: there's 7 formations for Tau so here's one of them: Air auperiority wing, 3-5 razorsharks. +1 to hit vs flyers, super heavy flyers jetbikes, skimmers, flying monsters, flying gargantuans.

Also as long as one model from the foramtion is on the table you gain an extra D3 markerlight tokens to place on any enemy on the table.

And here's a strategic asset:It's a shooting attack done by the warlord, infinite range, S1, Ap1, ordnance 1, 10" blast fleshbane, ignores covere, requires you to spend a victory point to charge it though.

Q: Are there any limitations (outside of points) to what your army can field? Could I say, field an army entirely of Warlord titans if I wanted?
A: Yes you could, as everything is scoring now, even independent characters and super heavies etc
So there you go. I'll bring more as soon as I have more.
post #297 of 307 (permalink) Old 07-10-13, 12:27 PM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Q: Alright, so how is the "everyone can take super heavies" thing actually work?
A: You can use anythign on your army, so if you want to use a tau army with a tesseract vault and a lord of skulls you can do that, there's no restrictions at all.
Riiight, that one again.

I understand where this rule comes from, but I have never played it, playing one huge army is always more impressive and imo a little fairer than cherry picking.

That said, not many people can field 10k of a single army so understandable that this is in there, still, space marines with a tesseract vault seems a bit of a "lets sell some models" stretch
post #298 of 307 (permalink) Old 07-10-13, 12:47 PM

d3m01iti0n's Flag is: USA

Fuuuuuuck yeah BT is still very much in the game! Thanks for the love GW, you just earned my $75 for this book. Feth it, Ill buy a Thunderhawk.
post #299 of 307 (permalink) Old 07-10-13, 01:55 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblematrix View Post
Riiight, that one again.

I understand where this rule comes from, but I have never played it, playing one huge army is always more impressive and imo a little fairer than cherry picking.

That said, not many people can field 10k of a single army so understandable that this is in there, still, space marines with a tesseract vault seems a bit of a "lets sell some models" stretch
Well that rule has pretty much always been there, GW where just a lot more subtle with it's implementation the first time around.

Also I very doubt we will be seeing those kinds of cherry picking for games of apocalypse. Pick-up apocalypse games aren't something that happens too often so people will always have the opportunity to lay down some ground rules. Not to mention the fact that GW seems once again to not possess the will or the ability to make their game balanced. I predict this version of apocalypse will be houseruled as heavily as the last one, which is how it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.
post #300 of 307 (permalink) Old 07-10-13, 02:04 PM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

Totally agree, we have never let people use just any unit they liked, but as I said - we haven't had to as me and my bro both have apoc sized armies.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode