40k Apocalypse Rumours - Page 22 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 307 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 06:27 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Well from everything I've seen I have no interest at this time to buy anything for this release as there are no signs that Sisters got any support once again.

I wasn't asking for much here, just some rules and formations. There are no cards that seem specific to the Sisters from what I could see, and if there are any formations in the book they're strangely missing under the formations tab.
Well the Tesseract Vault, Obelisk and Lord of Skulls are usable by any and all armies! I'm personally adding an Obelisk to my Dark Angels, using this model:

Dark Angels Company Master | Games Workshop

See those things in the background? They're the Imperial Tesseract Vaults.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 307 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 07:08 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Well the Tesseract Vault, Obelisk and Lord of Skulls are usable by any and all armies!
Just wait until you see my Grey Knights backed by three Khornemowers covered in SoB hides!

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #213 of 307 (permalink) Old 06-29-13, 07:19 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
Just wait until you see my Grey Knights backed by three Khornemowers covered in SoB hides!
Oh, well played, good sir!

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

post #214 of 307 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 03:13 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
If you think you have the sculpting skills to make such a collection of human pelts have at it.
post #215 of 307 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 05:25 AM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Anyone else concerned that Vortex Missiles could possibly be usable in vanilla 40k?

Beyond that, I'm tempted to grab a Tesseract Vault, but my gaming group almost never plays Apocalypse..

May get the book though, just in case.
post #216 of 307 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 05:25 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
Anyone else concerned that Vortex Missiles could possibly be usable in vanilla 40k?
Maybe Vortex Grenades might just be in the Imperial Guard unique weapons slot, but Missiles? GW want to sell physical, plastic stuff, not have people throwing Vortex Missiles around.

Midnight

post #217 of 307 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
I'm assuming they'll have special rules and cost a boatload of points, so not really.

Well iPad sample stuff is out so let's see what we got.

From the Strategic Asset Cards:
Crusade Banner- Space Marines- A banner from the time of the Great Crusade instils incredible devotion. - Use this Strategic Asset after deployment is complete and nominate one friendly Space Marine Standard Bearer. All friendly Space Marine units within 24" of the Standard Bearer have the Feel No Pain special rule.

From the sample for the Apoc Book:
The sample only covers Chapter 1: "What is Apocalypse?".

Though of note I did see something interesting:
Defines 40k as 1 player on each side, Apocalypse as 4 or more players split into two sides and "Mega-Apocalypse" as 8 or more players split into two sides.

Also from the 40k Apocalypse blog:
Quote:
Lord of Skulls
Triple Khorne's sacred number is indeed its point cost. All directly battle revelant stats seem rather mediocre with 3's and 4's (except S which is 10 ofc). no 14's in its armour rating.
But it has 9 Hullpoints, and the rule "Fuelled by Rage", which gives it +1A for every lost HP (keeping that even if the HP is repaired later) up to A: 10.

"Tracked Behemoth": It may not Stomp, but use the "Thunderblitz" table for Ramming and Tank Shock for Superheavy Vehicles.

3 Weapon points, the axe which can't be exchanged (but has S: D !), one template weapon in the belly, one more conventional shooting arm-weapon.

The belly-weapons names:
- Gorestorm Cannon (Hellstorm template, MEQ killy high-S stat, standard loadout)
- Deamongore Cannon (Gorestorm with higher strength, gets hot and Instant Death)
- Ichor Cannon which is a large blast TEQ-killy weapon with slightly lower strength then the other options.

Armweapons:
- Hades Gatling cannon (standard loadout, 12 shots pinning version of what Forgefiends have)
- SKULLHURLER (caption for actually hurling skulls, which is cheesesome) which is an apocalyptic Blast MEQ killy high-S weapon with good range, and special rule "Gnaw" forcing successful saves to reroll.
From Darog's Company (claim is from iPad Sample, perhaps they got ahold of a different one than I did):

Quote:
Scoring is done based on the number of strategic objectives controlled each break and at the end of the battle.
Formation:
Ripctide Wing: 3+ Riptides gains Coordinated Attacks and Networked Reactors
Transcendent C'Tan (no rules listed)
WraithKnight Dreamwalker Squad: 3-5 Wraithknights. Gains Dreamwalk (fluff mentions faster response times)
Baneblade: 525 pts (with no sponsons), can take 2 sets of sponsons for 50pts a pair (lost option for flamer sponsons and option for extra armor), commisar tank upgrade for 45pts, and command tank upgrade for 200pts. HK/Stubber/SB all as guard codex
post #218 of 307 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 06:18 PM

1ale4's Flag is: Italy

I'm quite sure that when Apocalypse went out the first time GW sold formations boxes at a smaller price so I was kinda disappointed when I saw the Apocalypse Formations prices on GW site: what's the point of picking them if the overall price it's just the total of every piece? I mean, if I take 1st Company Veterans I expect a saled price!
post #219 of 307 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 06:51 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ale4 View Post
I'm quite sure that when Apocalypse went out the first time GW sold formations boxes at a smaller price so I was kinda disappointed when I saw the Apocalypse Formations prices on GW site: what's the point of picking them if the overall price it's just the total of every piece? I mean, if I take 1st Company Veterans I expect a saled price!
Appart from conveinience there is no point to getting these one click bundle deals....

Infact.. Some of these deals could end up costing you money.

Take for instance the 'Imperial Sheild Company' for the Imperial Guard. It costs 252.... for what you get in it, if you were to instead buy 3 battleforce boxes, then get the command squad and advisors separately, it only costs you 251, plus you get 3 sentinals extra... Those 3 sentinals would cost you 54 to buy extra.

The Necron Infinite Phalanx... It costs the same as 10 boxes of warriors, but, you don't get the scarabs with them you would normally.

The War Council of Mandragora is also cheaper if you bought it separately piece by piece...

The then Windrider Host for Eldar is also 210... separately, it'd cost you 206.

In other words, i'd suggest people shop smart and buy things separately, rather then using these one click deals.
post #220 of 307 (permalink) Old 06-30-13, 07:02 PM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
I'm assuming they'll have special rules and cost a boatload of points, so not really.

Well iPad sample stuff is out so let's see what we got.

From the Strategic Asset Cards:
Crusade Banner- Space Marines- A banner from the time of the Great Crusade instils incredible devotion. - Use this Strategic Asset after deployment is complete and nominate one friendly Space Marine Standard Bearer. All friendly Space Marine units within 24" of the Standard Bearer have the Feel No Pain special rule.

From the sample for the Apoc Book:
The sample only covers Chapter 1: "What is Apocalypse?".

Though of note I did see something interesting:
Defines 40k as 1 player on each side, Apocalypse as 4 or more players split into two sides and "Mega-Apocalypse" as 8 or more players split into two sides.

Also from the 40k Apocalypse blog:

From Darog's Company (claim is from iPad Sample, perhaps they got ahold of a different one than I did):
Thanks for finding all the cool stuff. That crusade banner is pretty cool, though a lot of stuff denies FNP in Apocolypse. It's interesting that it labels Apocolypse by number of players and not points. I played a 3-on-3 game last week that was 750 points per player. Definitely not Apocolypse.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode