Space Marine RUMORS Updated: 29/05/2013 - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-24-13, 12:25 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
I've heard that the Iyanden Codex is just a painting guide or similar, no inclusion of rules, just pure fluff, background, and painting, so no "pay-to-win" mentality.
That was my understanding of it as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-24-13, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Eldar Codex - 39€
Eldar LE Codex - 80€ (Was 70€ before)

IYANDEN: A CODEX ELDAR SUPPLEMENT - 39€ (release 15th June!)
IYANDEN CODEX SUPPLEMENT SPECIAL EDITION - 65€ (release 15th June!)

The supplement has to be like a separate codex, it costs the same as the bloody codex itself and has a limited edition? €65 for a limited edition painting guide? Let me say that again, A LIMITED EDITION PAINTING GUIDE?!
post #23 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-24-13, 04:17 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Any word on what it actually contains yet? Fluff and painting only or rules as well?

post #24 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-24-13, 04:26 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Eldar Codex - 39€
Eldar LE Codex - 80€ (Was 70€ before)

IYANDEN: A CODEX ELDAR SUPPLEMENT - 39€ (release 15th June!)
IYANDEN CODEX SUPPLEMENT SPECIAL EDITION - 65€ (release 15th June!)

The supplement has to be like a separate codex, it costs the same as the bloody codex itself and has a limited edition? €65 for a limited edition painting guide? Let me say that again, A LIMITED EDITION PAINTING GUIDE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Any word on what it actually contains yet? Fluff and painting only or rules as well?
From what I've heard it may or may not have any or all of the following (enough being thrown around that I can't say what is or is not true on this):

- Scenarios
- Psychic Powers
- Warlord Traits
- Fluff
- Painting Guide

Honestly with it not being out until the 15th I don't expect to see info until after the main release is out of the way.
post #25 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-24-13, 10:28 AM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

I think there should be fewer supplement codices, not more. In the 3.5 edition of the CSM codex they managed to fit in specific rules for 8 different legions with Black Legion being the vanilla one- and that was before they separated CSM and daemons. Any extra fluff can be Black Library territory or something for White Dwarf

I can understand that the SM chapters have more special rules, but how about a groups of chapters in each supplement codex? For example, Dark Angels, Raven Guard and White Scars in one book. Space Wolves, Imperial Fists and Black Templars in the next. Blood Angels, Salamanders and Iron Hands after that. It's irritating for a non SM player having to wait for a new codex because they're releasing a specific chapter's special rules

Tyranids need a new codex. We're supposedly a huge invasion without number threatening to overwhelm the universe, yet we have to deal with a silly, badly thought out codex and wait while they release a specific codex for each craftworld??? That's insane. I agree that Eldar need a new codex before we do, but I'd be annoyed if the entire release schedule is bogged down with specific books for each craftworld rather than one Codex: Craftworld Eldar which was fine last time
post #26 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-24-13, 12:54 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
From what I've heard it may or may not have any or all of the following (enough being thrown around that I can't say what is or is not true on this):.
I haven't seen much else mentioned and that sounds about right, I was expecting an equivalant to the uniforms and heraldry books for a while and i'm guessing this may be that and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
Tyranids need a new codex.
they will be here in the near(ish) future

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #27 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-24-13, 01:09 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

If Iyanden is going to be the first supplement added, does this mean plastic cheaper Wraithguard?
post #28 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-24-13, 01:43 PM

Even if they issue a 'dex for each craft world or for each Founding Chapter w/ rules for successors, who cares? You don't need to buy each one to play the game, that's ridiculous. If they release something like Codex: Ultramarines and successor chapters then I'll skip over it and pick up Codex Imperial Fists and successor chapters when it issues.
post #29 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-24-13, 04:23 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

well im buying both the eldar books on release so i will let you all know what is in and whats not, what is annoying is that they havent released any other craftworlds, Saim Hann would have made a better choice as its the most popular, then again they may have saved the jet bikes to release with that book at a later date? may also explain why the chaos marine book didnt come with some of the touted legion plastic kits such as thousand sons?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #30 of 128 (permalink) Old 05-24-13, 04:43 PM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
Even if they issue a 'dex for each craft world or for each Founding Chapter w/ rules for successors, who cares? You don't need to buy each one to play the game, that's ridiculous. If they release something like Codex: Ultramarines and successor chapters then I'll skip over it and pick up Codex Imperial Fists and successor chapters when it issues.
I think if you happen to be an Iyanden player this must be great news. Loads of fluff and rules specific to your own army would be awesome. It only irks me because it means Space Marines and Eldar will be getting loads of separate codices and slowing down the general codex release schedule. I don't think a specific craftworld or Space Marine chapter should be prioritised over entire armies, but then I suppose they seem to be putting out codices faster these days so it isn't all bad

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode