Space Marine RUMORS Updated: 29/05/2013 - Page 12 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 12:39 AM
Senior Member
 
ntaw's Avatar
ntaw's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 6,323
Reputation: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Hell, I'd buy it
As if we'd have a choice!!

"uh, actually I liked my 5th edition Codex more...so that's what I'm using."

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
ntaw is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #112 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 12:45 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE
 
scscofield's Avatar
scscofield's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Finger Lakes Region of NY
Posts: 6,195
Reputation: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
I hope to fuck they update all chapters into the same codex.

Space Wolf Thunderwolf Cavalry? No, there are Space Marine Generic Monster Cavalry. Salamanders riding Firedrakes, etc?

Deathwing Knights? No, there are Generic Veteran Terminators.

There is no reason whatsoever that there should be a seperate Codex for each different space marine army than "fluff", and that can be explained away in the fluff part.

The fact we got a 6th ed release of Dark Angels means this is highly unlikely. Would open up a shit ton of modeling options though if they did.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1




scscofield is offline  
post #113 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 01:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Jace of Ultramar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Posts: 3,868
Reputation: 22
Default

Well, I personally can't wait. I'll obviously buy the new 'dex, not the collector's edition, and probably one or two of the new kits. I hope they expand the Chapter specific characters so each chapter isn't outnumbered by the fact that the Ultramarines have 4 and all others have 1.
Jace of Ultramar is offline  
 
post #114 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 05:28 AM
Junior Member
 
Importman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6
Reputation: 1
Default

Yep this is a good rumor if indeed it is true. I will definitely buy the ultra book for sure on top of the normal dex.

Mind you I am more looking forward to my Speed Freaks suppliment for my Orks!
Importman is offline  
post #115 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 10:16 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
 
Tawa's Avatar
Tawa's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 8,723
Reputation: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
As if we'd have a choice!!

"uh, actually I liked my 5th edition Codex more...so that's what I'm using."
Depends on your gaming group. We did that for a while back with 3rd.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Tawa is offline  
post #116 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 04:29 PM
Senior Member
 
ntaw's Avatar
ntaw's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 6,323
Reputation: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Depends on your gaming group. We did that for a while back with 3rd.
I'm the kind of person that will let pretty much anything slide with my group, but when it comes to me and my army it's all gotta be bang on. Once C:SM comes out I may pick it up and try out a 'red muhreenz' list just to see how they play if I can bring myself to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
The fact we got a 6th ed release of Dark Angels means this is highly unlikely.
...and there's this. Somehow my mind just erased that fact.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
ntaw is offline  
post #117 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-19-13, 11:21 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
 
Tawa's Avatar
Tawa's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 8,723
Reputation: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I'm the kind of person that will let pretty much anything slide with my group, but when it comes to me and my army it's all gotta be bang on. Once C:SM comes out I may pick it up and try out a 'red muhreenz' list just to see how they play if I can bring myself to it.
We had all kinds of mismatches with editions and 'dexs. But we were always very much "heh, roll a D6 to decide" kind of group


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Tawa is offline  
post #118 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-26-13, 09:15 PM
Fantasy Rumors
 
revilo44's Avatar
revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Webway
Posts: 962
Reputation: 14
Default

This saw this on Warseer
Some info regarding the upcoming Space Marine Codex. Rhino variants to include a command Rhino, a medic Rhino and an armoured recovery Rhino. Each of these can be purchased as upgrades for the basic Rhino and provide enhancements to their Space Marine squad. Dreadnoughts to provide bonuses to nearby units owing to their 'Inspiring Presence'. These developments are inline with the design philosophy behind the new Codex to promote synergies between units to increase the tactical depth of Space Marines.



Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444

Last edited by revilo44; 06-26-13 at 09:18 PM.
revilo44 is offline  
post #119 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-26-13, 09:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 434
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revilo44 View Post
These developments are inline with the design philosophy behind the new Codex to promote synergies between units to increase the tactical depth of Space Marines.
Well I would almost believe it, none of that having been in the Dark Angel codex just like the last one got short changed as well. Suppose they have to do something to sell new models but the current book is huge as is. Sort of curious because otherwise I would expect them to get tons of new toys, ignoring the fact that they already have.
Karyudo-DS is offline  
post #120 of 128 (permalink) Old 06-26-13, 10:06 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
 
Tawa's Avatar
Tawa's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 8,723
Reputation: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revilo44 View Post
This saw this on Warseer
Some info regarding the upcoming Space Marine Codex. Rhino variants to include a command Rhino, a medic Rhino and an armoured recovery Rhino. Each of these can be purchased as upgrades for the basic Rhino and provide enhancements to their Space Marine squad. Dreadnoughts to provide bonuses to nearby units owing to their 'Inspiring Presence'. These developments are inline with the design philosophy behind the new Codex to promote synergies between units to increase the tactical depth of Space Marines.
I've been toying with the idea of medical and recovery Rhino variants for a while, although purely as something different to paint/model.

If they do this, it may well be interesting to see what is made of it


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Tawa is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome