Total Wargamer - Going Bust? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Innovative Forge-Lord

Cypher871's Flag is: England

Default Total Wargamer - Going Bust?

I pre-ordered £75 of Tau kit from Total Wargamer on the 30th of March. The release day came and went and nothing arrived. Despite several emails to them (you cannot phone them now...the voicemail just says email them), they have not contacted me and I still have not received my goods.

Does anyone know what is going on with them? Are they going under or are they just being very poor at fulfilling the orders.

I would advise that if anyone is currently thinking of ordering from them you pause for thought and maybe consider going elsewhere.

My next stop is the bank and then the small claims court with maybe a shout to trading standards along the way.

Cy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 10:47 AM

Same here. Ordered a whole bunch of DE stuff from them on the 15 April & still nothing. It's been saying my order will dispatched in the next 24-48 hours for more than two weeks. No reply to emails, & an automated answer when I ring.

Apparantly they seem to do this alot. On other forums I've read that they're a small business & are completely unable to manage the orders they receive. I would cancel my order, but have no idea when I'd get my money back to buy elsewhere.

Terrible service, do not buy from them!
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 11:06 AM

We posted your issue and it turns out a lot of people share your experience:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...25326137488784

They recommend trying to contact the store via their Facebook page.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 11:49 AM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

Me and humakt ordered something (can not remember what it was) and it took about 3 weeks to get here, so we will not be getting anything from them again.

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444

Last edited by humakt; 05-21-13 at 12:53 PM.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 11:53 AM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

It wouldn't surprise me if they are going bust... I've not heard of anyone who's had a good experience with them yet.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 12:21 PM
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD OPEN A PAYPAL DISPUTE ASAP!

It seems it's gone way past the 45day time limit though so you have probably lost your money. If they are going bankrupt and I take it they are a limited company it means they can take your money and run. Once liquidation starts they have no obligation to pay you back if they dont have the funds to do so.

Get that paypal dispute in asap! If you paid with credit card then open a chargeback claim!
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 01:12 PM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

they dont take paypal, ive got a order with them ive been waiting for for over a month now, im about 30 mins away from there store which is open everyday , thinking of taking a trip up there very soon.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 01:31 PM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Personally i dont deal online without paypal makes things so much easier if something goes wrong

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 01:35 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

sounds like they have a proforma account with GW, so they are not holding alot of stock and loading up on orders then placing them in one lump possibly to get a greater discount,the then pay GW for the order up front, then wait for GW to deliver, then mailing out the stock to customers, this would be the reason not to have paypal as you only have a short time to dispatch with paypal before people start asking for refunds.

but i would ask your bank to do a charge back asap, you have given them long enough to deliver.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 02:43 PM

I also placed two orders with them 6 and 7 weeks ago. the former I got a few days ago and the latter was dispatched yesterday. They're not the most responsive company which does them great damage but ultimately if you email them level headed you will get a response in a few days.

Their service has always been like this so B&Ks is most likely right, that is how they do business. At the end of the day 30% off is damn good and as far as I'm aware can't be beaten. Fantastic if you're in no rush, terrible for a tournament the next week. Personally I will be using them for the Eldar release.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode