Total Wargamer - Going Bust? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 02:54 PM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

i just got a email back from them

I think we have an issue with the new support system - Our developer is back in on Thursday so he will pick it up then.

I will get this shipped for you by the end of the week.

Very, sorry for the slow reply - We have had a few staff missing over the past week and a half.

Regards,

Paul Adkins
Total Wargamer

so anyone with orders, there is hope lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 03:59 PM

Firewolf's Flag is: Scotland

>> Their fukin shit!! I placed an order wi them, waited 2 weeks, then contacted them via facebook. Was told my stuff would be dispatched that day, 2 weeks later fuck all. E-mailed them and told them if it hudnae been dispatched, after they told me it had been to cancel order. E-mail back from them 10mins later telling me the order had been cancelled, and I would get my refund in 2 days, which took a week. Utter bull-shitters.

------------------------------------------------------
>> This is just an opinion. If you agree with it cool. If ye dont, its still cool.
>> Here I am and here shall I die.
+++ attributed to Leman Russ at the Battle of Rising Fell +++
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 06:05 PM
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

If a company doesn't accept paypal I wouldn't deal with them. There is almost no protection for me if I pay with my debit or electron card. There is debit chargeback but it's like 50/50 you get the money back or a small part of it back. Also takes over a month for the investigation and then another few weeks for refund.

I managed to get a 50% refund for my payment to Maelstrom but I'm still pissed off at them as I lost £70, could have gotten a Wraith Knight for that

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 07:00 PM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboxerdog View Post
i just got a email back from them

I think we have an issue with the new support system - Our developer is back in on Thursday so he will pick it up then.

I will get this shipped for you by the end of the week.

Very, sorry for the slow reply - We have had a few staff missing over the past week and a half.

Regards,

Paul Adkins
Total Wargamer

so anyone with orders, there is hope lol

This doesn't really explain the people who have orders still not arrived from March. The order is missing for more than a month, how can people being away for a week explain that?

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 07:14 PM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimzagGorwazza View Post
This doesn't really explain the people who have orders still not arrived from March. The order is missing for more than a month, how can people being away for a week explain that?
yeah i know i orded mine april the 4th but was just happy to get a reply
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-21-13, 07:50 PM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

If it is just GW orders that are late, then it is most likely an issue with getting stock from them - anyone got any non-gw stuff waiting?

I am the White Knight!

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Innovative Forge-Lord

Cypher871's Flag is: England

Well my original pre-order was on the 30th of March as I said and I gave it a couple of weeks before contacting them because I knew there were supply issues from GW. I initially contacted them on the 18th of April and received a response on the 24th...

Quote:
A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, with the following response:

Sorry for the slow reply.

We had a server outage a few weeks ago that has led to a 600 email backlog.

We have been working every weekend since (including all Easter) to clear the email backlog.

We have also got our web developer working on a new support script that will help speed up this process.

We still have 400 emails left and expect to finish these by the end of the week.

We've had some supply issues over the past couple of months.

A large delivery is coming in the next 2-3 of days and we expect all outstanding orders to be fulfilled once it arrives.

Once this does come in delivery will be within a couple of days.

Please let us know if you would rather have a refund - if this is too late for you.

Very sorry for the delay.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support requests and responses.

Regards,

Paul Adkins
Total Wargamer
I then heard nothing further...I have been trying to get in touch with them ever since.

I have used these guys since they first came into business...I have never had a problem with them before so this seems to be a significant problem.

You cant even check on the progress of old tickets because...

Quote:
Total Wargamer has just launched a new support system.

Customers with existing support queries should not use this new system as your enquiry will be treated as a new query and will not be given the correct priority.

Please reply to existing emails (not through logging in to support as the old support ticket system is no longer in use).

Apologies for any inconvenience caused - we will be working throughout the Bank holiday weekend to answer all outstanding support tickets.

Support
Total Wargamer
Feckin' great

Last edited by Cypher871; 05-22-13 at 06:58 AM.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 01:34 PM

Fangio's Flag is: United Kingdom

I had similar issues with them when ordering the DA codex (at release) but I let them off because it snowed heavily a few days later. I then ordered a box of devastators and that took for blooming ever (around 5 weeks in the end).

I sent emails, left phone messages, everything I could really. I just found it insulting that they took my money and didn't keep me informed about my order.

This is how I resolved it:

I called Games Workshop to demand that they lose their 3rd party reseller notice and GW had their legal team call them to find out what had happened. Lo and behold I got an email within hours from Totalwargamer (who are also Mythreal, which is dodgy in itself) excusing their tardiness due to their own order of bits from GW taking forever to reach them. A lie I'm sure as they promised to have it to me by the end of the week but it took another 2 weeks before I saw anything.

This is what I learnt:

When a company becomes a 3rd party reseller of GW goods they have a contract with GW. I'm not sure of the exact details but costumer services is included. If you call GW to complain they will react on your behalf. The speed and authority that GW reacted with, made me fall in love with them all over again!

post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 01:49 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangio View Post
If you call GW to complain they will react on your behalf. The speed and authority that GW reacted with, made me fall in love with them all over again!
That makes sense actually and I should have tried that when I had problems with wayland

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-22-13, 08:20 PM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

I have bought a lot of HordeMachine things from them and gotten most things within about 2 weeks at a really good price. Thats the boon of shopping at them I guess.

Its the "out of stock items" that present problems. I waited a kind of long time for some missing items, but I didnt have any problems with getting a refund on what was missing when my work season started though, so I cant complain.

I gladly wait an extra week for a big discount, however their customer support could step up some notches. Its a lot easier to wait if you know stuff are incoming then to wait blindly....

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode