Warhammer Forge Newsletter #37: The Night Goblin Squig Gobba - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Default Warhammer Forge Newsletter #37: The Night Goblin Squig Gobba

From FW via my inbox comes:

The Squig Gobba, as it is known by the common soldiery of the Empire, is a fearsome sight amongst the Orc & Goblin hordes. Dragged and prodded onto the battlefield by its malevolent Night Goblin tenders, it is a huge beast with an oversized gaping maw, a set of extremely powerful lungs and a ravenous appetite to rival even that of a Troll! With the Squig Gobba heavily chained into position to prevent it bounding off after the first tasty morsel it spies, its tenders start dragging lesser squigs from the cages surrounding them as battle is joined, slicking these vicious beasts with foul-tasting noxious liquids. This not only renders the creatures senseless for a short time, but also prevents the Squig Gobba from immediately swallowing them as the stunned squigs are unceremoniously stuffed into its jaws!

Soon the Squig Gobba’s mouth will be full to bursting point, with thick globs of frothing acidic saliva dribbling constantly forth. Then it is only a matter of time before one of two things happen: either the Squig Gobba will vomit forth its mouthful of now monumentally furious lesser kin, causing chaos and panic on a grand (and thoroughly disgusting) scale amongst the enemy army’s ranks; or the great beast itself will explode in a blazing fireball, as the Night Goblin ‘concoctions’ that the squigs were coated in react spectacularly with the Squig Gobba’s stomach juices.

The Night Goblin Squig Gobba is a multi-part resin kit designed by Keith Robertson. This improbable war ‘machine’ is packed with detail, from the terrified squig being lifted into the maw of the Squig Gobba, and the variously panicked and angry munitions being spat into the air, to the cruel and sneaky Night Goblin tenders themselves. This fantastic kit is available to pre-order now for despatch from Friday 31st May, and you can download a set of experimental rules for this model here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 12:38 PM
Bringer of the Apocalypse

Deneris's Flag is: Canada

Damn... THAT appeals to my twisted Gobbo-like sense of humour; When Doom-divers were first released all those years ago, I bought one, even though I had no interest in Fantasy at all... I might buy one of these just to paint up and display.

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 12:57 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Umm Jacobite.. I beat you to it with my post like a half hour before you made yours.

Last edited by GrizBe; 05-10-13 at 01:00 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

God dam it you did too. It seems FW's email's take half an hour longer to reach NZ.

Sorry Griz.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-13, 01:25 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

No worries. Was just wondering how you might have missed it. lol.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode