Gamesday 2013 Rumours - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-26-13, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Default Gamesday 2013 Rumours

So I have found a couple of bits on Gamesday this year, looks like the 29th September (nothing new there, normally the last sunday of september) but the big thing is that it sin't at the NEC this year, it is still in Birmingham but is in the NIA where it used to be up until 2003, because it is smaller it looks like there will be less tickets this year -I certainly hope they don't have a price hike because of it. It's an odd move as surely, bigger area more tickets, more money no? Yes the NEC will probably cost more to hire but surely not that much more than the NIA?

I will personally miss the NEC even though I have only been twice, but you have to admit the LG arena at the NEC looks sooo cool!

Anyway here are the links to the sources, it all seems pretty solid, and I am sure there will be more in this month's WD as well as what the exclusive model will look like.

http://masterminis.blogspot.de/2013/...med-dates.html

http://masterminis.blogspot.de/

EDIT 02/07/2013:

Looks like there will be medals for first round finallists, wish I got one of these last year:
http://masterminis.blogspot.de/2013/...st-medals.html

EDIT 23/07/2013

So it looks like the model has been rumoured to be this cheeky chappy (thanks to revilo44 for this find):

here is the Faetit link

So it looks like this needs a lot of salt since we only have this image and none of it in the latest WD, also it looks like this model has been around before (the image above is the original 2003 model, the GD one will be a re-sculpt), and doesn't seem to fit with the ticket design, while I wouldn't be bothered with a fantasy model that goes against the ticket design they could at least make a new model for it.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow

Last edited by falcoso; 07-24-13 at 02:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-27-13, 01:36 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

According to the events team, there were complaints that despite there being more to do at GDUK last year than ever before, it was "too empty".

These people obviously never went to an NIA Games Day.

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-27-13, 01:55 PM

Grokfog's Flag is: England

Really? Personally I quite enjoyed the extra space away from certain members of the gaming community... Glad I'm not going this year, if they keep it at the NIA I may have to make a Death Korps cosplay. Complete with working Gas Mask.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-27-13, 04:46 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Well I know there were rumours floating about other games days and that for the number of people they were getting through the doors and what they were charging for tickets, they were actually making a loss on the size of the venues... Hence, they moved them to a smaller arena, and double the ticket price to turn a profit.

I'm not saying that's gonna happen with the UK GD, but it certainly makes you wonder why they'd move it to somewhere with a lesser capacity again.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-27-13, 08:29 PM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

Im would like to go but I'm watching NFL in london which on the same day
Would like to see what mini they bring out this year as I loved the blood angel one but missed last years as well.

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-28-13, 07:19 AM

Adramalech's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
According to the events team, there were complaints that despite there being more to do at GDUK last year than ever before, it was "too empty".

These people obviously never went to an NIA Games Day.
I think I'll take that as a business suggestion and start a gaming convention where we bar people from entering if they exhibit noticeable body odor...

boobs. that is all.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-28-13, 11:48 AM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
I think I'll take that as a business suggestion and start a gaming convention where we bar people from entering if they exhibit noticeable body odor...
Soo.. just you and an entire hall then?
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-28-13, 12:45 PM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

Man, my baby's due on the 29th so I'm not going this year.

Would be interesting to see how crowded it gets in the NIA, that place is tiny compared to the NEC. I liked the space in the NEC and you really needed that with the ammount of people.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-28-13, 04:25 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd prefer the NIA, the NEC is to out of town and the atmosphere was lost when it moved there.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-13, 08:45 AM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

I was hoping to go this year, but if it is on the 29th Septemebr, Im in the same boat as Revilo44. We are both going to see Minnesota play at Wembley.

Alos if the venue has moved back to the NIA, I don't see this as a bad thing. The NEC seems to be too big. Although the NIA could be crowded, it always had more atmosphere.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode