Upcoming plastic farseer - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-13, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

stephen.w.langdon's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Upcoming plastic farseer

Can't see this anywhere else on here, spotted on a group I go on, on Facebook a picture of the upcoming plastic farseer really can't wait to see what else is coming out for them soon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Upcoming plastic farseer.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	959938908  

2013 Games W-/-L-/-D

Eldar 1-/-0-/-0

Orks 2-/-0-/-0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-13, 05:55 PM

Well, we should find out (I believe) next weekend in the new WD.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-13, 05:58 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

I find the lack of a Witchblade option interesting.

Either way good to see the HQ get an update.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-13, 05:59 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Already posted in the eldar rumour sticky at the top of the page chaps

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-13, 07:59 PM

the time on my comp shows he posted it first b&k
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-13, 08:48 PM
nice boy, daft though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by renren View Post
the time on my comp shows he posted it first b&k
Well i dont know how you tell time but 7:25 AM comes before 5:59pm on my clock

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-13, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Well i dont know how you tell time but 7:25 AM comes before 5:59pm on my clock
The time stamp is of trivial concerns.

Bits, how does a blister such as this figure into your webstore catalogue? Would you even carry it? If so, would you retail it as its packaged or part it out?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-13, 10:36 PM
nice boy, daft though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
The time stamp is of trivial concerns.

Bits, how does a blister such as this figure into your webstore catalogue? Would you even carry it? If so, would you retail it as its packaged or part it out?
Hard to say, had limited success with blister packs, cant always get them,not many bits and the price per bit can be very high due to low bit count, but that said eldar are my army so im gonna try and break that model down as i think it will do well

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-13, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Hard to say, had limited success with blister packs, cant always get them,not many bits and the price per bit can be very high due to low bit count, but that said eldar are my army so im gonna try and break that model down as i think it will do well
Out of curiosity, how do you determine price per bit?
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-13, 12:03 AM
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
Out of curiosity, how do you determine price per bit?
I can answer this, supply and demand vs part.

I've bought bits for thousands of euros over the years so I think I have a good grasp on the bits economy from a buying perspective.

There are certain things that sell for allot more than others;

Vehicles:
Turrets
Turret Weapons
Wheels
The rest

Monstrous Creatures:
Wings
Main Body
Weapons
The rest

Infantry:
Special and Heavy Weapons
Female Torso
Special Heads
The rest

The above can be thrown at pretty much any model kit GW makes and the parts listed above should in most/all cases be the most expensive parts.

Supply and Demand, GW does not provide all the parts you need with every kit, especially when it comes to special and heavy weapons so these are in high demand if a certain build becomes popular (I.E Missile Launcher spam in 5E).

Turrets, wings and wheels are always in high demand because they can be used in allot of conversions.

Female torsos are the most expensive out of all torsos simply because there aren't allot of them. I'm sure I'm not the only one to create all female armies.

Then we have the special bits, cool heads, and interesting weapon or icon, things like that. Good example would be the full helms from Dark Eldar Reaver Jetbikes, these always seem to be out of stock and prices accordingly.

Then we have the rest, bits that you end up having too many off because you dont want/need them for your models. Bits that are cheaper because there isn't much need for them until someone somewhere thinks of a conversion where he/she could use some.

This is how you determine what bits should be priced higher than others.

Then comes the price of the bit itself. I've been in contact with almost all bits sellers out there and each has their own way of determining the price of a bit. Ebay stores usually follow this principle, if a kit costs 20 then divide it into 20-25 different auctions and price each at 0.99 and see where you end up.

I've seen allot of ebayers have their bits sales on auction at first to determine their buy it now price. I've seen thousands of auctions where the bidding price has gone above the same sellers buy it now price, heck I've even done this mistake myself.

The non ebayers usually divide each kit into individual parts whilst ebayers usually sell the same type of bit in batches. An ebayer might divide a small kit into 10 auctions/buy it nows whilst the same kit could be 30-50 different items in a non ebay bits store.

The price per bit itself is something you get a feel for over time as you sell bits (at least I get this feeling from buying bits), you instantly know what bits in a kit will sell and what parts wont. Take this Eldar kit we are talking about, the most expensive bits in it would be the weapon and the head as those could be used in almost any conversion. The body itself not so much without extensive conversion work.

So back to the price itself, easy way to do it is to take the price of the kit, divide it by the amount of bits in the kit and then lower/raise the price of certain bits you know will/wont sell.

Then as bits are sold you can increase/decrease the price as needed.

Personally I prefer ebay, it's almost always cheaper and they put up new auctions weekly whilst most non ebay bits sellers are usually out of stock for the bits I want 99% of the time and when it gets restocked it's usually in small numbers. First come first serve is how I could describe it as if you dont buy the bits you want the same day/hour they are put up on the website they will be sold out and you will have to wait another month or two for a restock.

Bitsbox allows you to reserve bits if you become a premium members which I've now been for a couple of years. Has saved me allot of time but at the price of 35 per year and the only benefit I get is free shipping and the ability to reserve bits.

In the end the bits market seems to be a horrible place to be, you need to spend too much time sorting bits and the profits you make dont seem that high for the labour you put into it. Of course I'm only speculating but I'd need ALLOT of convincing before I tried to open a bits store.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode