Tau pics are here - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

EmbraCraig's Flag is: Scotland

Default Tau pics are here

From Faeit 212, reliable as always

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03...1#comment-form

Liking the giant suit, and quite like the flier (contrary to most folks opinion on Faeit, seemingly)... Can't really see enough of the new broadside to comment (but don't really need any more of those anyway)

All in all, it's likely to be an expensive month...

MadCowCrazy: Putting the pic here as well

Some comments about the pictures
Source
Quote:
via neko
I'm glad someone's posted those - I feel I can speak a little more freely now

Looking at the double spread:
- The flyer on the left is a gunship. The chin-mounted burst cannon you can see, but the main weapon is actually mounted on the underside of the tail, and is some sort of turreted array of ion weapons. My first thought is that this should make the flyer easier to use, as you don't need to be pointing at the target. It also has 2 pop-up seeker missiles.
- The flyer on the right is the bomber. It doesn't actually carry any bombs, but instead has a generator for forming bombs out of plasma as they're needed. It also has a detachable drone fighter in each wing for defense.
- Below the bomber, you should be able to make out a lot of white missile tips. These all belong to a Broadside model. The uppermost bundle of missiles is a shoulder-mounted pod, whilst a bit lower you can see 2 more bundles of missiles in arm mounted pods. Also, to the right of the shoulder pod you may be able to make out a seeker missile pointing straight up - this is the suit mounted seeker I mentioned.
- To the right of that you have the XV104 Riptide. You should be able to make out an ion cannon of some sort on its right arm, and a shield on its left.

2nd Attachment:
- Here we can see the box art for the XV104, this time armed with some sort of uber-burst cannon. On this shot you might be able to make out the twin support weapons mounted under the main gun. It also comes with 2 shielded missile drones.
- And another picture of the bomber.

3rd Attachment:
- Pathfinders. You can't really make out the new experimental weapons I'm afraid, but you can certainly see that one of the drones is beefier than the rest. If I understand right, this drone can sit in place of the cupola on the devilfish, and grant some sort of C3 bonuses.
- Broadside suit. In this shot you can see it built with the twin heavy rail rifle (the rifle you can see is actually 2 heavy rail rifles side by side).
- Crisis team. It's just the current suits repacked into boxes of 3.

Another tidbit not shown:
- The XV8 varient is a finecast commander's varient. It looks similar to the XV8 (maybe with longer limbs?), and may well have the same rules, but is posed with the hand units deployed.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 03-25-13 at 05:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 02:05 PM

Turnip86's Flag is: England

Not really liking the look of that flier, seems kinda boxy and there's something else about it I can't put into words that just puts me off.

The Riptide looks nice though although the legs seem a bit spindly.

Good to see Tau finally getting an update though, maybe I'll actually see people playing them now.
post #3 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 02:49 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I've been entertaining myself with a small Necron army in wait for this codex. After playing Blood Angels for over a decade (with a healthy break of course) I have needed a change.

That battleforce looks like the most effective bunch of units a boxed set like that has seen. Dig that they ditched the Kroot in it. Kinda hated those guys..they're what stopped me from just buying it before and patiently painting and waiting while a new 'dex came out.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #4 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 03:00 PM

Logaan's Flag is: England

The Broadside Battlesuit and Riptide look pretty nifty.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

post #5 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 03:34 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

You got beat to it, the Tau rumour thread had them up hours ago..... that said, good thing posting them up here as alot of people, obvious, didn't read the rumour thread.
post #6 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 03:53 PM

Turnip86's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
You got beat to it, the Tau rumour thread had them up hours ago..... that said, good thing posting them up here as alot of people, obvious, didn't read the rumour thread.
Well, it's not a rumour any more ;)

That said, on further inspection of the pics and reading lots of comments I'm looking forward to seeing what conversions people come up with or whether we will just see a bucketload of people using the forgeworld fliers as proxies.
post #7 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

EmbraCraig's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
Ah, I'm looking on tapatalk where the sticky topics are hidden in a separate section, so didn't see them there.
post #8 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 04:18 PM
nevynxxx's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnip86 View Post
That said, on further inspection of the pics and reading lots of comments I'm looking forward to seeing what conversions people come up with or whether we will just see a bucketload of people using the forgeworld fliers as proxies.
This The forgeworld barracuda is much prettier..... Although I'm guessing they will look better in the flesh so to speak, most things do.
post #9 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 04:26 PM
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

I'm a bit disappointed in the battle suits, I was hoping for a remake so they'd look more like the FW ones. Ah well, I've managed to sell 8 of my 16 battle suits and I've bought 8 FW suits so I'm good for now. Just got 8 of the old style suits to get rid of, dont like their look, too childish for my taste. I mean they look more like a childs toy than an engine of war. Then again I think Gundams look like toys as well.... <runs away and hides>
post #10 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 05:56 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Looks promising.

This kind of "3 weeks ahead of time leak" pictures are a bad thing for GW though. They are always of god awefull quality and never do the models any justice.

I'm pretty sure even the more odly shaped things (like the flyer) will look quite ok in either bigger pictures or real life.

It's just hard to get excited over 400*300 grainy pictures...

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode