No more Bitz sellers? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-13, 03:11 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Bits sellers get their stuff through a retailer or supplier that isn't GW thus skipping any legal connections to GW in that regard. All this does is keep your FGLS from chopping up boxes specifically to sell bitz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-13, 03:37 PM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

It's not a massive change, maybe it is a hange for the US but there has been a clause in the contract all indi Euro sellers have to sign that limits the sale of product to other retailers and the breaking up of components.
All that it means is that any companies selling bits will need to form a secondary company which sells the bits. The first company has the GW contract and sells the models to the second company, which hasn't signed an agreement with GW and so is not bound by the terms.
There are probably easier ways to do it but it's not like setting up a secondary business for paperworks process is that hard.

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-13, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

From what I understand selling bits is one hell of an undertaking and GW doesn't provide any help at all. You need to take pics of all the bits, set up a webshop and entries for all the bits, then you need to stock the boxes and cut the parts from the sprues and organise them.

We are talking about thousands upon thousands of entries of bits to keep track of and with every new release a thousand or so more to categorise and organise.

All this work for very little profit, there are usually about 5 bits from every kit that is highly desirable. The rest just takes up shelf space and in turn cost you more than you make.

I've cut my ebay bits buying now as I practically own every 40K kit GW makes and have the max you are allowed to field on a normal FOC. I spent 4 years buying bits for about €100-200 a month, I bought 99% of my bits on auction and there it was pretty easy to see what parts were desirable as some sold for 10x the price as other.

When it comes to bits there are a few things that will always be desirable to converters, the most common are wheels, turrets, guns for said turrets, heavy weapons, MC main bodies and wings. The number one thing that always seems to sell though are female bodies. Heck I bought whole DE wych and warrior body auctions only for the female bits. I have a box of male bodies I could make an entire DE army with.
Every bits seller I know charge about 50-100% more for a female body than the male counterpart, it's a supply and demand thing for sure as GW supplies very few and those who want all female armies.

The best thing GW could do is allow for bits seller only accounts, basically they'd send only the sprues to the seller for a bigger discount than normal but with restrictions on how much they could sell the bits for.

GWs sprues are very inefficient in design though, they should put all bodies on one sprue and all weapons on another instead of having 2 sprues with mixed parts. This would allow them to sell specific sprues, but they want you to buy a whole kit just to get those 3 parts you need for your conversion.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-13, 07:38 PM

I'm surprised they haven't figured out a good way to do this with 3D printing advancements yet. Basically just print the bits to order (with some backstock of course but not full kits laying around). Maybe someday but I could see buying decently priced bits made like that off of GW eventually, may as well with the look-alike retailers.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Well, it's now confirmed.

MWG put this up: Click me

Drop Box link with all the GW trade term pdfs
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 02:57 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Is anybody else wondering when the day is going to come that you need to sign an end customer user agreement every time you buy a GW product saying that you promise not to sell this product on to anybody at all?

Just me?
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Banned

So what do you guys think about this? Click Me

Application for this job ended on the 18th of Feb, and now we have the bits ban in the US?

This a position for posting bits or am I just reading too much into it?
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 06:15 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post

Application for this job ended on the 18th of Feb, and now we have the bits ban in the US?

You have added the number two to another number two and come up with the answer of bacon

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 07:06 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Components in this case are not what you think they are. Every order and delivery is made up of components...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 09:54 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post

I think you might be onto something there given this:

"A requirement that all Retailers resell GAMES WORKSHOP products (including,
but not limited to, components) only in their Original Packaging and Labeling;"

is from the trade agreement you linked to and clearly shows that GW use the words components to cover "bits".

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode