Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Forgeworld Update 22/2/2013

3K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  shaantitus 
#1 ·
Loken vs Abaddon

Ezekyle Abaddon, First Captain of the Sons of Horus and Master of the Justaerin, was one of the most renowned and fanatically loyal commanders of the XVIth Legion. A hulking brute of a Space Marine, whispered rumour had long speculated that he was the clone-progeny of the Warmaster himself. Regardless, Abaddon walked willingly into treachery alongside his master, slaughtering many of his former comrades on the blasted fields of Isstvan III, and soon his name was amongst the most feared and despised of the traitor Horus’ followers.

Garviel Loken once commanded the 10th Company of the Luna Wolves Legion; later the Sons of Horus. He was a well-respected and senior commander, and one of the Mournival, the unofficial cadre of Horus’ closest advisors. His idealism and staunch loyalty to the Emperor and Humanity saw him selected to command the Sons of Horus contingent in the assault against the recidivists of Isstvan III. When the true scope of betrayal was revealed, Loken and his comrades cast aside their Legion name and proclaimed themselves Luna Wolves once more.

Set of two multi-part resin models packed with Legion-specific iconography and supplied in a black presentation box. The figures slot into a large scenic base to allow the fateful duel between the two to be represented. Also supplied with one 40mm and one 20mm base for gaming purposes. Models designed by Simon Egan. You can watch an interview with Simon about his approach to sculpting these fantastic figures here. Available to pre-order now for despatch from Friday the 1st of March.

See less See more
#5 ·
Though i'm going with Raven Guard and World Eaters, I will most likely pick this up at some point. Looks amazing.

#8 ·
Well, hello...... :eek:k:

#12 ·
Hmm. Even people who rate painting over everything else in the hobby will find it hard to justify this purchase. I guess, if you're a massive paintophile with a fetish for Chaos and dioramas, you're on the right track... But then you're going to have a piece that anyone can get. Bleeeeeeeeeeeh!

#20 ·
:laugh:

That may upset a few fans :p

#33 ·
Keep them away from serp or he will do un-natural things to them.

As for the models, I like it but we need a new, current abaddon more than the retro one. Although to be honest i am happy with my work on mine and probably wouldnt replace it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.