Welcome to the 21st century - Gw dev team! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-13, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

Default Welcome to the 21st century - Gw dev team!

I sure hope this one is true, its about damned time for this:

Linky link, cred to all that are due.

Quote:
Public Service Announcement from the GW Dev Team

There is one thing for sure: 6th Edition 40k thus far has had a flurry of releases, updated FAQs, and waves of models. Things are changing for Games Workshop, and in my opinion its a welcome change. In fact I love it, and I think these adjustments have moved Games Workshop ahead of any of its competitors by leaps and bounds.

While we have not seen anything officially from the Dev team at Games Workshop, Tastytaste posted this as part of his Daemon discussion that I had posted earlier today. I thought this little bit that was tagged onto the end of his post was worth its own discussion and posting, so that it did not get lost in the mix.

So here is another bit from TastyTaste today, a public service announcement and an email address that will apparently reach the Dev team for rules questions.

via TastyTaste over on Blood of Kittens
Another good thing to understand is GW is moving quicker with releases than ever before. They had almost an entire year to create a backlog on sculpting and rules. To give you an example, the Chaos Space Marine codex was done in December of 2011. I am not talking about just the rules, but everything the photography, the layout, everything! Dark Angels same thing, done in March 2011. That means Daemons have been done since June and Tau and Eldar compelete or almost complete.

What I am getting at is this is going to be an epic year for releases, with only the Chapterhouse lawsuit and a new CEO possibly getting in the way.

Finally, I have a public service announcement from the dev team, they really want rules questions, so everyone keep on sending in any rules quandaries to

[email protected]

The design team has made updating FAQs a priority, which has been a marked and great change from years past.
T3h 1n73rw3bz is not a hoax that soon will be over. Welcome to the present timeline GW

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-13, 04:07 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

That email has been around for about a year or so and even under the old one some of the stuff I sent in got into FAQs. So it's less "Welcome to the 21st Century" and more "About time people know where to send this stuff".

Besides, if anything, GW is in the 41st Millennium where there is no internet. The rest of us just need to catch up with them.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-13, 05:17 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Firstly... its Tasteytaste and Blood of Kittens... they're full of crap. They never post anything that hasn't already been posted by known reliable sources...

And on that point, as Zion point out.... That emails been around for ages now, and GW have always worked things to be done months in advance... Hell, Svart if he was allowed to comment, would probably tell us he's made models for stuff we won't see for at least a year.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-13, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Besides, if anything, GW is in the 41st Millennium where there is no internet. The rest of us just need to catch up with them.
There are no interwebs in the future? Can I just turn my phone off and tell everyone how far advanced my tech is?
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-13, 07:11 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
Firstly... its Tasteytaste and Blood of Kittens... they're full of crap.
as soon as I see either of those I know it's likely to be 1% fact and 99% something else.......

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-13, 07:22 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
as soon as I see either of those I know it's likely to be 1% fact and 99% something else.......
Fecal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-13, 08:20 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
Exactly... its why I'm surprised anyone still bothers with them.

@Tawa: Now come on.... thats a bit harsh. Degrading the good name of fecal matter by assoiating it with them.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-13, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
@Tawa: Now come on.... thats a bit harsh. Degrading the good name of fecal matter by assoiating it with them.
Of course, you are correct Griz. I offer my unreserved apologies to all things fecal.....

Quote:
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-13, 08:49 PM
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Fecal?
As in Burutabu-chan? Yeah, the Japanese are weird...

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-19-13, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
As in Burutabu-chan? Yeah, the Japanese are weird...

Oh lord.....

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode