Death From the Skies and 40K February FAQ Updates - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-18-13, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

I meant for free....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-18-13, 12:34 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
I meant for free....
FREE?? I think someone unfamiliar with GW has hacked your account MCC

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #33 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-18-13, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
FREE?? I think someone unfamiliar with GW has hacked your account MCC
And this right here is the problem with GW atm, feels like they go out of their way to leech as much money as they can out of their customers. They have several armies done and completed, have had for years apparently but instead of releasing an army a month they release things that should have been free or at the most a WD release just to fill out the release schedule with something each month.

Even if GW did release a new army book or codex each month it would still take a few years to update everything, as it is now they are pretty much on a 30 year cycle. Each army should get updated for each edition of the game but that just wont happen as codicies are not profitable enough and GW wouldn't release the rules as free pdfs even if this would perhaps increase model sales.

They should put a sticker on every Ork Bomma and Storm Talon box stating you need to buy this new "addition" to the game in order to use them.
An Ork Bommer doesn't cost £27.50, the initial cost is £27.50 + £20 as you HAVE TO buy the compendium if you want to use it. Unless you download the rules through "illegal" means...

-"But the initial cost is much lower if you have the WD"
Which might be invalidated if this compendium has points changes or wargear changes. Storm Raven has a starting cost of £50 + £20 for SM and BT players as their rules have never been published. Unless they just copy paste the BA and GK rules which they wont do as the missiles are unique to each army.

FAQ says you should check out the Death From The Skies compendium for changes, yet it's only available in English so all non English speaking players are boned.

post #34 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-18-13, 02:02 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

lol - the FW "FaceSpace" response

Quote:
With Death from the Skies now on sale, and with thanks to numerous posts on our wall, consider this an official FAQ:

The rules don't overlap onto Imperial Armour Aeronautica. Any of our flyers that list Deep Strike among their special rules can still Deep Strike.
Stormravens cannot carry Contemptors.
Storm Eagles aren't available to Blood Angels. There's a price for refusing to reveal STC data.

Meanwhile, here's some nicely painted flyers...
are we certain that FW is related to GW...besides the game system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #35 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-18-13, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Oh look, the Death From the Skies FAQ is out, before anyone has even received the book...
New record?

Death From the Skies FAQ
post #36 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-18-13, 07:39 PM
nevynxxx's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Oh look, the Death From the Skies FAQ is out, before anyone has even received the book...
New record?

Death From the Skies FAQ

Well, that's, extensive....
post #37 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-18-13, 07:43 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I know that this is only making a specific missile choice mandatory for Grey Knights, but I'm now curious to see if there are more options in the missile selection for fliers in general.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #38 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-18-13, 08:30 PM

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
i seriously doubt people would be willing to pay £20 for a bunch of pdfs.
Fantasy Flight games does this.
post #39 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-18-13, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I know that this is only making a specific missile choice mandatory for Grey Knights, but I'm now curious to see if there are more options in the missile selection for fliers in general.
FAQ confirms that the regular version of the Storm Raven comes with "stormstrike missiles". As it's the only flier (from what I've read) that will be a new choice for other armies it's pretty much a mandatory addition as the Bloodstrike and Mindstrike are army specific wargear. Then again the Storm Raven was army specific as well until now, guess it didn't sell enough kits.
post #40 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-18-13, 11:00 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
FAQ confirms that the regular version of the Storm Raven comes with "stormstrike missiles". As it's the only flier (from what I've read) that will be a new choice for other armies it's pretty much a mandatory addition as the Bloodstrike and Mindstrike are army specific wargear. Then again the Storm Raven was army specific as well until now, guess it didn't sell enough kits.
Or this is a cheaper way to add flyers to two armies without spending time, resources and mold budget money on new models.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode