Death From the Skies and 40K February FAQ Updates - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-17-13, 10:42 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Interceptors don't have any special abilities if they are Deep Striking so given their precise decent isn't part of the rule any more they don't get it any more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-17-13, 11:19 AM

Worthy's Flag is: England

I can't get the updates on my mobile device, but did the Heldrake get any update or do they remain the same?
post #13 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-17-13, 11:37 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worthy View Post
I can't get the updates on my mobile device, but did the Heldrake get any update or do they remain the same?
CSM didn't get an update in this batch, so yes it's still the same as last month which means it can still poop fire 360 degrees, measured from the base.

post #14 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-17-13, 12:24 PM

maelstrom48's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
The change to dreadnoughts not being removed outright from immobilized results after a Stormraven gets blown up is a pretty nice gesture. I guess it reflects that the immobilization could have occurred on landing as opposed to in the blast.
I just had a giggle thinking of a Dreadnought tumbling out of the sky, bouncing along the ground and landing in a heap, then getting up shakily and grumpily dusting himself off. "Never again... Sarcophagus smells like puke now..."

Vendettas without 'Scout' is a sad but necessary change. No more swooping in from the flank and penetrating a Predator on a 3+. I wonder if Death from the Skies changed up the points value.

The Grind - April's Featured Fiction winner!
A World Eater survives another day at the office (barely).
post #15 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-17-13, 12:59 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

So this was pointed out on another forum and after looking it seemed worth mentioning:

The wording of the FAQs and inclusion of the Storm Talon on the BT products page suggests they're getting more than just the Raven.
post #16 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-17-13, 12:59 PM

Worthy's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
CSM didn't get an update in this batch, so yes it's still the same as last month which means it can still poop fire 360 degrees, measured from the base.
Thanks, I was worried that it would be hit with the nerf hammer.
post #17 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-17-13, 04:04 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstrom48 View Post
I just had a giggle thinking of a Dreadnought tumbling out of the sky, bouncing along the ground and landing in a heap, then getting up shakily and grumpily dusting himself off. "Never again... Sarcophagus smells like puke now..."
"Emperor be praised, but this never gets easier..."

I'll be hitting up the local GW on Tuesday to check this thang out.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #18 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-17-13, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
So this was pointed out on another forum and after looking it seemed worth mentioning:

The wording of the FAQs and inclusion of the Storm Talon on the BT products page suggests they're getting more than just the Raven.
or that they will be merged with the next SM book as has been rumoured...
post #19 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-17-13, 08:52 PM

Quote:
I get that it's a big mechanical demon-dragon and still want to get to get one but 360 degrees did seem a bit overkill, maybe 180. Though I guess being a demon-dragon it probably would spit fire at whatever it vector-struck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstrom48 View Post

Vendettas without 'Scout' is a sad but necessary change. No more swooping in from the flank and penetrating a Predator on a 3+. I wonder if Death from the Skies changed up the points value.
Creative maneuvering to the rescue! I could still see getting good shots off anyway. Just happy that it's entry vector is a bit more predictable.
post #20 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-18-13, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

I'm curious to know if there are any points changes, the Ork fliers are way too expensive for what they do whilst the IG ones are too cheap (perhaps even the Necron Nightscythe).

If there are no points changes and such then what's the point?

-But but you get the rules from WDs!

Which should have been a free pdf! You telling me I can buy this cool flier but can't use it in the game without buying this new book? A book that doesn't seem to be that supported by GW as it's in english only.

I fail to see the point of this book, a way to get the rules from the WDs is a really shitty argument. It's blatant moneygrubbing and an attempt to leech as much money as possible out of people.

How official is this thing really? English only means it's pretty much unsupported, so when exactly are you suppose to use it? When you wanna use the Ork Bomma and Skytalon (or whatever it's called)! Again the "I bought this awesome model but now I gotta buy a book just to be able to use it?" argument pops up in my head.
It makes an expensive model that's not that good even more expensive to buy.

I will take a look at the PDF once it pops up next week, unless there are points changes and wargear updates this thing is rather pointless imo. Even if there are, this thing just feels "unofficial". Like another supplement no one will ever play with because it deviates from normal gameplay and makes things "unbalanced".

It just feels like a scam to me...

I could of course be wrong and this thing is awesome...

A book that is "needed" if you want to use the Ork or SM flier yet it's only supported in English.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode