Forgeworld Releases 2013-02-08 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-13, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Default Forgeworld Releases 2013-02-08

WORLD EATERS LEGION RAMPAGER SQUAD

Quote:
The Rampager squads of the World Eaters were formed of the most savage and bloodthirsty Space Marines in a Legion already notorious for its fury in battle. All underwent the prohibited psycho-surgery that Angron is believed to have instigated among his favoured sons, and those who survived honed their newly enhanced desire for berserk slaughter through martial discipline and the mastery of cruel and vicious weapons adapted from the arena combats in which the Red Angel fought during his youth.

Designed by Mark Bedford and Will Hayes, the World Eaters Legion Rampager Squad contains five complete multi-part resin models, including weapons, which are packed with Legion-specific detail. Each member of the squad is presented helmetless in order to show the surgical implants the Rampagers received, and the kit also contains a meteor hammer, two Excoriator chainaxes, a barb-hook lash and a pair of Falax blades; all weapons unique to the World Eaters Legion that can also be used to build XIIth Legion characters.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuf...GER_SQUAD.html

LEGION PHOBOS CHAINAXE SET

Quote:
Less common a sight than the ubiquitous chainsword, the chainaxe was used almost wholesale by the World Eaters Legion, its savage nature and brutal appearance a match for their merciless style of warfare.

Designed by Will Hayes, the Phobos Pattern Chainaxe set contains five Phobos-pattern chainaxes and five bolt pistols. It is fully compatible with our MkII, MkIV, MkV and Legion MkII assault squad models, and is perfect for portraying the ferocious warriors of Angron’s Legion.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuf...INAXE_SET.html

SONS OF HORUS LEGION MKIII PADS

Quote:
Contains ten resin shoulder pads for Mk III Iron Armour featuring Sons of Horus iconography. Models designed by Keith Robertson.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuf...KIII_PADS.html

WORLD EATERS LEGION MKIII SHOULDER PADS

Quote:
Contains ten resin shoulder pads for Mk III Iron Armour featuring Sons of Horus iconography. Models designed by Keith Robertson.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuf...LDER_PADS.html

EMPEROR'S CHILDREN LEGION MKIII SHOULDER PADS

Quote:
Contains ten resin shoulder pads for Mk III Iron Armour featuring Emperor's Children iconography. Models designed by Keith Robertson.

DEATH GUARD LEGION MKIII SHOULDER PADS

Quote:
Contains ten resin shoulder pads for Mk III Iron Armour featuring Death Guard iconography. Models designed by Keith Robertson.

DEATH GUARD CATAPHRACTII SHOULDER PADS

Quote:
Contains five resin shoulder pads for Cataphractii Terminator Armour featuring Death Guard iconography. Models designed by Keith Robertson.

Last edited by xenobiotic; 02-08-13 at 03:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-13, 02:13 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Very nice catch! +Rep for it!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-13, 04:58 PM

troybuckle's Flag is: Canada

I think forge world should acquire better painters for there stuff. I'm not saying that its bad, is very good but it dosent hold up to the quality of painting on Gw website imo. Anyone notice this?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-13, 06:18 PM

yanlou's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yer makes the faces look amateur or 3rd party still nice release they look very fun to paint, would fit perfectly in a csm army without real need of modification perhaps maybe the addition of the shoulder pads from the forgeworld world eaters conversion kit.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-13, 06:27 PM

Taggerung's Flag is: USA

Those heads are terrible. Other than that it all looks good.

Check out my DKOK Project Log!

Armies : Raven Lords Chapter, 219th Siege Regiment and Da Grotteef Waaaaghhhh

Currently Painting : 219th Siege Regiment, about 25% done! Last updated 3/7/2013
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-13, 06:38 PM

yanlou's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Those heads are terrible. Other than that it all looks good.
I admit those heads aren't exactly the best they've sculpted, by the looks of it they've tried to hard to make them look like mini Angrons which has made them slightly ugly but the paint work hasn't helped they look better without paint but not by much, but been as they are marines changing the heads wouldnt be hard.

Last edited by yanlou; 02-08-13 at 06:40 PM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-13, 06:38 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by troybuckle View Post
I think forge world should acquire better painters for there stuff. I'm not saying that its bad, is very good but it dosent hold up to the quality of painting on Gw website imo. Anyone notice this?
Thing is though.. look at the average level of painter that you see in your store / gaming group. They anywhere near as good as the picture images? Nope.

My point being, you see a model thats very well painted your more likely to think 'I'll never do that model justice'. Where as, you see it not so well done, you'll think 'i can do better then that' or 'i can make it look that good'.

First option your put off buying the model, second your more likely. Hence, complaining about a paint job is kinda silly... unless it make the model look flat out terrible.. which the FW paint job doesn't.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-13, 06:50 PM

Zero Effect's Flag is: United Kingdom

I will be buying them Rampagers woo hoo.

Heads are well heads but need to see them up close and personal. Currently with me being ill I actually have the butchers nails implanted in my head. The pressure is almost unbearable!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-13, 07:20 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

I just saw the updated post with all that Death Guard stuff.....I think FW wants all my money.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-08-13, 07:49 PM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hmm, I agree with the bad heads, but also that it's probably the painting, they look better without the paint.

Could make good Wulfen for my wolves!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode