=][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 - Page 35 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #341 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-04-13, 05:15 PM

EmbraCraig's Flag is: Scotland

From the pics of the English codex that are going around, it's 'all weapons fired as part of this shooting attack gain the ignores cover special rule', so it only applies to 1 unit at a time - each unit needs to spend 2 markerlight tokens to get it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #342 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-04-13, 05:16 PM
Wax

Wax's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Wax can you answer this.

Marker Lights
- Precise +1BS for each spent token (can spend several)
- Strafe (Cost 2 tokens) The shots gain Ignore Cover rule
- Seeker Shoot a seeker missile for each spent token.

So you can pay 2 points to ignore cover, is this for the firing unit only or for your whole army?

If I remember correctly the old dex removed cover for your whole armies shooting.
It is per shooting attack, so you have to use two tokens for each unit you want to ignore cover.
post #343 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-04-13, 05:49 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
The unit shooting the markerlight has never been able to use it's own markerlight.
I know that. That's why I said "(just like now)". The thing is if Networked Markerlights are still in the codex (AND still work the same way) then the unit would be able to use the tokens.

post #344 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-04-13, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

From looking at the pics I'm wondering if a unit of Marker Drones with a HQ Battlesuit would make sense if the HQ suit can take Drone Controller to give the 12 marker drones BS5.

Could we get some more info on the Signature Systems?

Is the Failsafe Detonator the same as in the old dex?

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 04-04-13 at 06:20 PM.
post #345 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-04-13, 06:24 PM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

Do the effects of Markerlights last until the beginning of next turn, or only until the end of your shooting phase? I wonder if they can be used to help Overwatch.

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #346 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-04-13, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerHive View Post
Do the effects of Markerlights last until the beginning of next turn, or only until the end of your shooting phase? I wonder if they can be used to help Overwatch.
They can't.
You can see most of the rules here: Naftka

They all go away at the end of the shooting phase. There is a drone (I think it was a drone at least) that lets you Overwatch at BS2.
post #347 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-04-13, 08:37 PM

Ah well, that is something at least. Thanks for the link!

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #348 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-04-13, 10:38 PM

Quote:
They can't.
You can see most of the rules here: Naftka

They all go away at the end of the shooting phase. There is a drone (I think it was a drone at least) that lets you Overwatch at BS2.
The BS2 overwatch is Counterfire Defense System, you can see it in one of the English codex pics on that link - previous rumours have always stated it's an upgrade to stealth suits, but it's listed under general support systems and I don't see any restriction so it's possibly available on suits in general.

Last edited by EmbraCraig; 04-04-13 at 10:41 PM.
post #349 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-04-13, 11:01 PM

Oh, wait a minute here. You can activate your Markerlight counters in the Assault Phase in order to boost Overwatch (last pic). This could be useful if you have some extra Markerlight counters on a unit that wants to assault you. Well, seems like the Tetra's time to shine.

post #350 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-05-13, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerHive View Post
Oh, wait a minute here. You can activate your Markerlight counters in the Assault Phase in order to boost Overwatch (last pic). This could be useful if you have some extra Markerlight counters on a unit that wants to assault you. Well, seems like the Tetra's time to shine.
But... it also says they are removed at the end of the phase.

So to use them on overwatch, you'd need to get them (from another unit) during that assualt phase. So from another unit performing supporting fire, presumably? I guess no reason why not - there's nothing to suggest that marker lights can't be snap-fired... so a unit of pathfinders camped near a firewarrior squad might manage to get a light or two on a charging unit, and allow the firewarriors to rapid fire at BS3 against the charge. That might put a few people off of trying the charge...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode