=][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 - Page 32 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #311 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 08:01 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

All seems good, though if the bomber really is a single use only, that would suck. Though a Heavy 4 Markerlight is always nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #312 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 08:40 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Well, I don't know, I think that's a major downgrade on the drones. I figured they were using Rail Rifles, as they were in the current codex. Darn, time to retire them. Not Shrouded, takes Heavy Support, Sniper Rifle only. I mostly used them in this codex to sweep marines. Darn you GW!
post #313 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Wex, could you post some info on Shadowsun? I take it she is still in the book?

What models have Rail Rifles now? Sniper drones used to have them, if Sniper Drones have the Ap5 gun then who has Rail Rifles?

post #314 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 08:53 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

I believe the Pathfinders still possess Rail Rifles.
post #315 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 09:29 PM

furyion's Flag is: USA

Pathfinders have rail rifles and ion rifles. I'm hoping that they will have the ability to split fire so that the marker lights of the others can go elsewhere. And I do believe that GW just removed Sniper Drones as a valid option.

Since targeting arrays are now gone and multi-trackers come equipped I think a very common set-up for crisis suits will be a fusion blaster plus a twin-linked weapon. As long as it still is a melta, at 18in range, that should make up for the loss of st10 railguns on Broadsides. Plus, you know, all the over charged weapons...

If you are normal the crowd will accept you...
If you are deranged the crowd will make you thier leader.

Quote:
With my luck I will roll 3 1's but fail 4 armour saves, trip over a hormagaunt and kill myself.
- MadCowCrazy
post #316 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 10:25 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Faiet212 has some more stuff, including images in English. I'm not reposting due to points costs being visible, so instead you can find it here:

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/04/t...eaks.html#more
post #317 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 11:21 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Just went through the list and it seems Tau have 11 Weapons that are Ap3 or better. If I'm not mistaken the old dex had 7 weapons of Ap3 or better.
So how much can I buy your Tau stuff for? I need a few Piranha if you have em, I prefer unbuilt and still in the box. I'll give you 5 for each Piranha.

We still dont know for sure how many of these you could potentially put in a list but my guess it's allot more than we could we the 4E dex. The Kroot Sniper rifle gives you the chance to take 120 sniper rifles in an army if you want to.
Ion Accelerator S7, Ap2 Heavy 3
Railgun S10, Ap1 Heavy 1
Fusion Blaster S8, Ap1 Assault 1, Fusion (hmm, the hell does that mean? Melta rule with a Tau name?)
Neutron Blaster S5, Ap3 Assault 1
Ion Cannon S7, Ap3 Heavy 3
Plasma Rife S6, Ap2 Rapid Fire
Seeker Missile S8, Ap3 Heavy 1, Single Use
Rail Rifle S6 Ap1 Rapid Fire
Heavy Rail Rifle S8 Ap1 Heavy 1
Long-Range Pulse Rifle SX, Ap5, Sniper (for Rending), Rapid Fire
Kroot Rifle with Precision ammo, SX, Ap6, Sniper, Heavy 1
Hardi-har-har.

The point is: they all suck against MEQ.

ALL OF THEM.

Neutron blasters: Carried by the most overcosted and terrible unit in the game, from any race.

Ion Cannon: About 300% as expensive as it should be, competes with Railgun.

Railgun: If you're using this on anything but tanks or huge hordes (submunitions) you're doing it wrong.

Rail Rifle: overcosted, 1 shot won't help kill marines, pathfinders only which means nobody will cash in a crucial markerlight for one. Don't even mention Sniper drone teams, suck suck SUCKAGE.

Fusion blaster: not even an option for MEQ hunting.

Seeker Missile: Now you're grasping for straws. Most people don't even take these anymore, not even for shooting vehicles.

Plasma Rifle: Overcosted, but is still the best (and ONLY) option. You CAN'T however field enough of them. Ever.

Against Marines, Tau are going to be doomed unless there's no new high rate of fire AP3 weaponry that doesn't cost an ocean of bananas. Or at least a 5-point decrease on Vespid.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo

Last edited by MetalHandkerchief; 04-03-13 at 11:24 PM.
post #318 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 11:35 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
Hardi-har-har.

ALL OF THEM.

Neutron blasters: Carried by the most overcosted and terrible unit in the game, from any race.

Railgun: If you're using this on anything but tanks or huge hordes (submunitions) you're doing it wrong.

Rail Rifle: overcosted, 1 shot won't help kill marines, pathfinders only which means nobody will cash in a crucial markerlight for one. Don't even mention Sniper drone teams, suck suck SUCKAGE.

Seeker Missile: Now you're grasping for straws. Most people don't even take these anymore, not even for shooting vehicles.

Plasma Rifle: Overcosted, but is still the best (and ONLY) option. You CAN'T however field enough of them. Ever.

Against Marines, Tau are going to be doomed unless there's no new high rate of fire AP3 weaponry that doesn't cost an ocean of bananas. Or at least a 5-point decrease on Vespid.
While I can understand the frustration, I would hardly refer to Tau as "doomed". AP3 only gives them a slight boost against PA Marines, and realistically weight of fire still kills Marines just as well as it did before. And with what I've been seeing it's getting easier for Tau to pull that off too.
post #319 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 11:38 PM

furyion's Flag is: USA

I rarely have problems with MEQ in the current dex and I play Fire Warrior line, so the new dex should make it no problem at all.

If you are normal the crowd will accept you...
If you are deranged the crowd will make you thier leader.

Quote:
With my luck I will roll 3 1's but fail 4 armour saves, trip over a hormagaunt and kill myself.
- MadCowCrazy
post #320 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 11:38 PM

EmbraCraig's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
Hardi-har-har.

ALL OF THEM.

Wait, hang on... Are you writing off the new codex based on lack of AP3, but then judging the options based on the current codex's flaws? Please tell me you know that makes no sense...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode