=][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 - Page 30 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #291 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 09:35 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

Wow Heavy Burst Cannon: Nova rounds, Heavy 12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
Wow Heavy Burst Cannon: Nova rounds, Heavy 12
Yeah but you'll kill yourself when you do it as you also get Gets Hot!

On average you'll roll 2 1's, then again if you have a 2+ you will pass that allot.

With my luck I will roll 3 1's but fail 4 armour saves, trip over a hormagaunt and kill myself.

Riptide is pretty useless once it gets into CC, gaunts with poison sacks will take it down pretty easily.

Would be cool if you could have 2 Heavy Burst Cannons but afaik you can only have 1.
post #293 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 12:06 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

If all the new Tau weaponry is AP4 I'm out, there's only one thing Tau needs and that is more AP3, if it's not provided for we're going to be shit again and I won't stand for it.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo

Last edited by MetalHandkerchief; 04-03-13 at 12:12 PM.

post #294 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 02:36 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
If all the new Tau weaponry is AP4 I'm out, there's only one thing Tau needs and that is more AP3, if it's not provided for we're going to be shit again and I won't stand for it.
I'm sure GW will be very upset that you won't stand for it...

Anyway, what's wrong with all the plasma weaponry and railrifles/cannons/guns? So what if not ALL weaponry is AP3...

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
post #295 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 03:31 PM

furyion's Flag is: USA

Thanks Wax!
So with no targeting arrays available did suits get a BS upgrade or still BS3 for a basic Crisis?

If you are normal the crowd will accept you...
If you are deranged the crowd will make you thier leader.

Quote:
With my luck I will roll 3 1's but fail 4 armour saves, trip over a hormagaunt and kill myself.
- MadCowCrazy
post #296 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 03:45 PM
Wax

Wax's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wax View Post
Broadsides get to choose one support system from the list, multi-tracker is one of the options.
So I need to read more carefully. All suits come with Multi-tracker and blacksun filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Question, is there such a thing as the Remora drone in the dex? That large drone FW makes.
Nothing from FW in the book. Although one could say that the interceptor drones the bomber is carrying are something like the Remora (better I think. In fact, the drones seem to me to be the only reason to take the bomber).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Would be cool if you could have 2 Heavy Burst Cannons but afaik you can only have 1.
Only 1 primary weapon for the Riptide. Heavy Burst cannon, or Ion accelerator for the cost of a meltabomb. You get one secondary weapon: TL SMS, TL plasma rifle, or TL fusion blaster (which are now range 18"! Hory sheeeit!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyion View Post
Thanks Wax!
So with no targeting arrays available did suits get a BS upgrade or still BS3 for a basic Crisis?
The entire Codex is BS3 aside from HQ options (and Longstrike), which are BS5 (except Ethereals). Better warm up those Markerlights!
post #297 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 03:49 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Via Faeit 212

Quote:
Tau Release: Due to Extreme Demand, Out of Stock

Some Retailers are already reporting that they are already having a hard time getting Tau models. I have included a letter from a UK company that was forwarded to me explaining that they do not expect to get some models until April 19th.

I am sure that GW stores will get all their orders, but be aware that the demand for Tau seems to be overwhelming the supply, and for some there may be a delay in getting the models that you want.

Here is the bulk of the letter being sent to customers of Dark Sphere Unlimited in the UK. I am unsure of other retailers that are effected, but I think its important that readers are aware there may be some delays.

A letter from Dark Sphere Unlimited via a reader from Faeit 212
Dear Customers,
Late yesterday afternoon we were informed that due to an unpredicted level of demand, Games Workshop are unlikely to be able to supply many of the new Tau models due for launch this Saturday.

According to a conversation we had with Games Workshop's Trade Department, virtually the entire range of Tau is now out of stock. Games Workshop's own site has removed the launch date and put an expected one to two week wait on these products.

A small part of the range (mainly the new Tau Codex) are unaffected and we should still receive significant quantities of these in time for Saturday; some of the others (e.g. Hammerhead) we still expect to receive this week but we will be unable to reorder additional stock for a small period. Unfortunately, the most popular new products (e.g. Riptide Battlesuit, new XV8 Commander and Commander Shadowsun) are in such high demand that instead of the hundreds that we requested we are likely to only end up with a handful, if any, for release day.

Based on current Games Workshop estimates we expect Riptides to be available in proper numbers around 19th April. In the mean time we have shifted the release date for those products to the 19th April since the stock shortage effectively pushes the release back to then. Any stock we receive in the meantime will be allocated in date order, so the earliest orders get the priority since they will be the customers who have been waiting the longest.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this delay may cause and assure you that any frustration or disbelief you are experiencing is matched by all the staff at Dark Sphere.
post #298 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 03:54 PM

furyion's Flag is: USA

Why didn't GW see this coming?

If you are normal the crowd will accept you...
If you are deranged the crowd will make you thier leader.

Quote:
- MadCowCrazy
post #299 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 03:57 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyion View Post
Why didn't GW see this coming?
Probably because they've been neglected for so long and people have not been buying them, they didn't think there would be as big of a demand as their obviously is.

Same happened with Dreadful fleet, but in reverse... they thought because Space Hulk had sold so well, another limited box would do just as well.... they didn't think they'd end up with so many returned. I know for instance my local store sent back 7 boxes.

GW just doesn't seem to have a clue about predicting sales properly.
post #300 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 03:57 PM
nevynxxx's Flag is: United Kingdom

Same reason Apple "never see it coming". If you sell out, it makes good headlines, it makes people order more than they ordinarily would to compensate.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode