=][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-05-13, 11:13 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

More stuff from Stickmonkey via BoLS:

Quote:
40K RUMORS: Tau Empire - Pt. 2

Another day and another truckload of blue fishmen rumors. Here's the latest set of whispered rules.

via Stickmonkey

Caveat: Many of these are said to be "in process". Don't look for *exact match* rules to survive to the printed codex.

Units
Ethereals: These now grant army wide special rules and bubble rules, but there are different options. They function roughly much like those recent Dark Angels banners. So one option might be army wide Ld rerolls while in play, plus units in 12" are fearless. Another option might be one unit in army gets salvo once per turn, and all units in 12" get rerolls to hit.

Kroot: Everyone's favorite birdmen get Scout, Furious Charge, Move thru Cover. Kroot Hounds and Kroot hawks! Shaper can unlock additional unit upgrades.

"Sneaky Kroot": Look for an ELITES Kroot unit that can hide in terrain like Ymgarl Genestealers.

Knarloc: The new big beasty model, very similar to the Forgeworld Great Knarloc. Monstrous Creature, with a trample attack allowing it to run 3d6" and cause 2d6 S6 AP6 wounds to any unit it crosses. It may additionally use this special move to charge a unit, gains +2A and the assault-grenades ability when charging in this manner.

Vespid: The maligned bug men are redeemed! Big improvements, weapon range increase, point reduction, hit and run.

Vespid Flyer: Smallest flyer in game, like a jetbike, single blaster as weapon, vector-dancer

Fortifications: Deep striking turrets as fortification options. Burst cannons or missile pods options.

Tau Flyer Transport: 13 13 12 armor, holds a full Fire Warrior or Crisis Suit squad, or single Uber-suit. Not a lot of weapons, but HP:3, and has a save from wargear that can be taken. Deep strike. Rules-wise is focused on getting units reliably to a location.

The Uber-suit: So many options currently it's hard to keep them straight. It's a mobile weapon platform, with rail guns as it's main weapon system, - which can be upgraded to a plasma weapon system or ion cannons. Classified as monstrous creature. 2+/4++ save. It can forgo shooting and movement to gain 2++ save. The Uber can move as jump infantry if it does not shoot it's main weapons. VERY HIGH toughness, no existing weapon can instant death it. Although it can smash if it has to, it is not designed as a close combat unit at all. Cost is comparable to a Terminator squad. It can take drone support.

Odds and Ends
FOC: Some specific HQs move Crisis Suits to troops. One moves two Kroot units to troops.

Psykers-defense: All Tau have some base immunity to psychic powers, and thus any Tau unit can deny the witch, with the suits gaining an improvement to this roll.
So it looks like the other information Faeit212 was given had some nuggets of truth to them, and we're going to be seeing Tau get some serious shifting. I'm curious to see how this all goes.

I'm not liking that flyer though as we already have far too many heavy flyers in the game and really need more well balanced, light flyers instead of flying tanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-05-13, 11:56 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

Can't wait to see the new codex in action. It will be nice to see Tau wiping the tables with other armies for a while.
post #23 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-05-13, 02:28 PM

bobahoff's Flag is: England

Huzzah these sound a lot better than previous, and sound considerably less OP, yay here's hoping for a nice balanced codex and lots of good old fashioned shootiness

When evil seeks to overcome good
And firepower ovecomes the spoken word
Then death shall rain from the sky on wings of blood
And retribution will be swift

post #24 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-05-13, 05:18 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Yet more from Faeit212:

Quote:
Are These Real? Krootox Giant Rumors and Firewarriors BS4?

This email came in yesterday regarding the rumors of a Giant Krootox Giant and Firewarriors moving up in the world to BS4.

I want to say that this bit comes from a very much in the know source, who occasionally helps us filter through some of the rumors. The last few days we have had 4 sets of Tau rumors, and this email is in response to this one, and clarifying other rumors that are putting Firewarriors at BS4.
the krootox giant has the following rules and stats - these I believe will change as we have had much discussions upon this unit and cannot be certain if it is powerful enough for a competitive environment.Krootox Giant: WS BS S T W I A LD SV 6 3 8 6 4 1 5 7 4+Special rules: Smash, monstrous creature, rage,mental without control, move through cover,fleetmental without control: If your krootox giant loses his krootox rider then the Giant must pass a leadership test every turn otherwise will attack the closest enemy unit. If the Giant cannot reach a target then it misses it next turn while it cools down.
via the Faeit 212 inbox (has to remain anonymous)
I've never seen those kroot giant rules before (currently named the Krootonne).

There is a new large kroot model, but it's nothing like what's written, doesn't have a rider and doesn't have guns.

Fire warriors can't be upgraded to bs4, the squad leader has an upgrade that raises their BS though for (currently) 50 points and goes away if he dies.

I have like three versions of the rules, but I think some people are wish listing after getting hint of some stuff that's leaked.
post #25 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-05-13, 06:42 PM

LuLzForTheLuLzGoD's Flag is: United Kingdom

50 points for an upgrade that goes away if the shas'ui dies? Even for BS 4 that really doesn't seem worth it.

Edit: A giant kroot? This sounds strange. Are they really going to put this and an "uber suit" in?
Let hope Crud doesn't fuck us over with some over priced bullshit.

Last edited by LuLzForTheLuLzGoD; 02-05-13 at 06:49 PM.
post #26 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLzForTheLuLzGoD View Post
50 points for an upgrade that goes away if the shas'ui dies? Even for BS 4 that really doesn't seem worth it.

Edit: A giant kroot? This sounds strange. Are they really going to put this and an "uber suit" in?
Let hope Crud doesn't fuck us over with some over priced bullshit.
All the Chaos Icon upgrades are the same, if the Icon wearer dies the unit loses it's bonus.

Khorne Marked - Icon of Wrath: Furious Charge, may re-roll charge range

Tzeentch Marked - Icon of Flame: All boltguns, combi-bolters, heavy bolters and bolt pistols has Soul Blaze.

Nurgle Marked - Icon of Despair: Fear

Slaanesh Marked - Icon of Excess: Feel No Pain

All Marks - Icon of Vengeance: Fearless

Cost of these is between 10-40pts depending on the unit and icon you want to use.

Of the above I'd only take Excess or Vengeance, the rest seem a bit pointless unless I ran specific troops like Thousand Sons etc. Nurgle one is just pointless.

For 50pts to make a unit of Fire Warriors Bs4 I'd upgrade all of them, especially if you could take 15+ units of them. At 10 models it's still worth it but it's starting to stretch it for me.

If you take an Ethereal in the current book you can take BS4 Fire Warriors for 12pts each. With this upgrade each Fire Warrior would cost 14,54pts if you took 11 (not counting the Shas'ui). It wouldn't surprise me however if you were now allowed to take units of 20+ (19 comes to 12,63pts each).

Then again some say Fire Warriors are overpriced and it wouldn't surprise me if they lowered their points cost (or gave them completely useless wargear like they did with Sisters of Battle and give them frag grenades and pistols and increase their points cost to 11pts each...).

If the rumours are true then Fire Warriors could be really lethal. Have upgraded Shas'ui (rumour said Shas'o but Fire Warriors dont have one of those currently) so the unit is BS4, pop a markerlight and they are now BS5!
That's a BS5 unit with S5 Ap5 guns with a 30" reach and 15" Rapid Fire range.
Hitting on 2+ and wounding most things on 2+ or 3+ is really good.

If you think about it a single Fire Warrior team could be comparable to a unit with 4 Heavy Bolters (A unit of 8 if within 15"). Unit's almost always get cover so the Ap4 on a Heavy Bolter doesn't mean much as all SM have 3+ anyway. You want to make the opponent roll lots of saves, this is why First Rank Fire, Second Rank Fire and Ork Assaults are so deadly, the number of wounds you cause.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 02-06-13 at 12:13 AM.
post #27 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 12:20 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Has there been any further word on the notion that specific characters are required to unlock any troops for Tau?

This just makes me wonder if the current line of making character unlocks only work if the character is in the Primary Detachment then taking Tau as allies is going to be impossible.
post #28 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
For 50pts to make a unit of Fire Warriors Bs4 I'd upgrade all of them, especially if you could take 15+ units of them. At 10 models it's still worth it but it's starting to stretch it for me.
if you can take larger units I can see the appeal of this, but if I had the option now to pay 50 pts to make my fw bs4 like that...I think I'd stick without it.

I'd maybe like to see it around half the price if i'm honest. 30 i'd consider yes 50 plus shas'ui seems like a big BIG gamble. Codex isn't even out and i'm ranting haha. Sorry, carry on

Edit: (again..) Will cc tau be viable with the master of blades?
WILL I BE ABLE TO RUN A SAMURAI THEMED TAU ARMY?

Last edited by LuLzForTheLuLzGoD; 02-06-13 at 12:53 AM.
post #29 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLzForTheLuLzGoD View Post
Edit: (again..) Will cc tau be viable with the master of blades?
WILL I BE ABLE TO RUN A SAMURAI THEMED TAU ARMY?
If you asked GW they'd say: Of course you can! And here are some boxes of LOTR and Fantasy you can buy and cut parts from to make it happen!
The army will be awesome and everyone will love you for it!!!

Then when you turn to the redshirt you will see this...
post #30 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-06-13, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
If you asked GW they'd say: Of course you can! And here are some boxes of LOTR and Fantasy you can buy and cut parts from to make it happen!
The army will be awesome and everyone will love you for it!!!

Then when you turn to the redshirt you will see this...
I hate this game. Why couldn't I have chosen hard drugs instead? S much money would've been saved.

Would probably still have to deal with GW somehow.

"hey man, i wanna buy some drugs"

"i can do that for you. Would you like to pre order some cocaine? we've just got the vengeance heroin set in. All of your hard drug needs"

Yea idk what I'm saying anymore. Please help me

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode