=][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 - Page 28 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #271 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-01-13, 07:39 PM
nevynxxx's Flag is: United Kingdom

MCC, very true, but I didn't listen to the vid, I get enough of that at home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-01-13, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Meh, I'm guilty of doing the same thing. When the SoB WD came out I was a bit pessimistic but still hopeful the next WD that had the points costs would make the army viable but that turned out to be wrong. 12pts for a Battle Sister....

You wanna compare a Fire Warrior to a CSM? Pfft, compare a Battle Sister with a CSM, for 1 point you get +1WS/S/T/I.
But Sisters have a 6++... <--Fuck you and everyone else who thinks that's useful!

So far I think the 6E dexes have been pretty balanced, nothing has really screamed OP, Helldrake perhaps but I remember all the blogs etc stating it was useless and no one would take one when we got the rumours. Now all I read is about how the Helldrake makes MEQ armies useless etc etc etc.

Once the dex is out it wouldn't surprise me if people say Fire Warriors are the best infantry in the game for their cost or this unit is op and that unit is op.
So far it seems only the Kroot get pretty badly burnt but we dont have the rules yet so we dont know. Heck they might have a 2+ cover save if in terrain, can assault 12" and eat their victims to heal models that died during the battle. Then again they might be as shit as the rumours claim.

Only thing that worries me right now is that we have no SoB rumours at all, out of all the armies in 40K and Fantasy combined they need a re-release the most. Even more than the Tau do. Yet they dont even seem to be on the radar for a release, at least not this year.

I'm curious to see the rules as this is the first Xeno 6E book.
post #273 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-02-13, 04:01 PM

Not sure where This came from, or if you need a G+ account to see it but hey. Some Spanish codex pages for anyone who would like to see....

Interesting that Barracuda in Spanish appears to be "Manta Ray"...

post #274 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-02-13, 04:01 PM
Wax

Wax's Flag is: USA

So scans in Spanish (I think) have been posted on the web. One solid piece of good info I could pull out of them: Pulse Rifles = 30" Joy, Joy!

Books might be showing up at my store today. I'll try to post more spoilers when I get home.

Also, Riptide is t6/w5. If you boost the big burst cannon it's 12 shots s6 rending, or something like that.
post #275 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-02-13, 07:37 PM

EmbraCraig's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wax View Post
So scans in Spanish (I think) have been posted on the web. One solid piece of good info I could pull out of them: Pulse Rifles = 30" Joy, Joy!

Books might be showing up at my store today. I'll try to post more spoilers when I get home.

Also, Riptide is t6/w5. If you boost the big burst cannon it's 12 shots s6 rending, or something like that.
That is good news - someone just being a wind up merchant. Because obviously we all need more reasons to have a moan on 40k forums ;).

Good that the Riptide has un-instakillable toughness, and overcharging the big burst cannon sounds like a good laugh, if nothing else
post #276 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-02-13, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraCraig View Post
That is good news - someone just being a wind up merchant. Because obviously we all need more reasons to have a moan on 40k forums ;).

Good that the Riptide has un-instakillable toughness, and overcharging the big burst cannon sounds like a good laugh, if nothing else
looks like Pathfinder's rifle range has dropped, but can be put back with a rone..... Interesting? Could be where the rifle came from.
post #277 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-02-13, 08:09 PM

bobahoff's Flag is: England

FYI any pre orders made today or after will be delayed due to demand, so glad I did my order on saturday

Also limited stock in store on release day

In europe

When evil seeks to overcome good
And firepower ovecomes the spoken word
Then death shall rain from the sky on wings of blood
And retribution will be swift

Last edited by bobahoff; 04-02-13 at 08:28 PM.
post #278 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-02-13, 09:15 PM

SonofVulkan's Flag is: United Kingdom

Twenty Kroot with Sniper rounds at 140 points sounds like fun.

"How much did you pay for that Chaos Icon again?... Nevermind, pack him up in his box."
post #279 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-02-13, 09:28 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

It does look good for Kroot Snipers, especially as it's an upgrade round, not a new weapon.
post #280 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-02-13, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

GW just put up their Tau model video, 6min long. I'm pretty impressed for once. Bit disappointed that they didn't show the drone connected to a Devilfish or whatever it is you can attach the large pathfinder drone to.

I liked how they did the Firewarrior to Riptide scale thing, was pretty well done. Just a screen shake and it would have been perfect.

Here are some translations of the leaked Spanish dex.
http://fromthefang.blogspot.co.uk/20...lation-yo.html

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 04-02-13 at 11:53 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode