=][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 - Page 27 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #261 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-31-13, 10:51 PM

bobahoff's Flag is: England

Well something had to give, you can't be expecting S5 30'' and supporting overwatch for 10 points a mini, swings and roundabouts

When evil seeks to overcome good
And firepower ovecomes the spoken word
Then death shall rain from the sky on wings of blood
And retribution will be swift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-31-13, 11:26 PM

EmbraCraig's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobahoff View Post
Well something had to give, you can't be expecting S5 30'' and supporting overwatch for 10 points a mini, swings and roundabouts
Well yeah, as always with a new book - but the 30" range gun has been a Tau thing for so long now it'll still seems strange to be measuring 24" instead...

Supporting overwatch is going to be interesting (with stealthsuits able to upgrade to do it at BS2, and I'm wondering if Crisis suits can do it with flamers... as well as the option to just keep your guys close together, obviously). Add to that a new Battlesuit system that makes units bounce off of you and take wounds when their charge succeeds, and it makes for an interesting shift in gears for a Tau player - thinking of how best to make things work when the charge does happen, rather than the only option to be running away all the time.

Less than a week to wait to find out how it all pans out - I'm looking forward to it
post #263 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-01-13, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobahoff View Post
ok cool, so when you see ws 3 I 3 on your marines with 18" range bolters ill just tell you "well something had to give, you can't expect 4's all across the board, with combat tactics, free grenades, 24" s 4bolters, and ATSKNF while only being 3 or so points above a firewarrior"

wow, people are just eager to hate on tau and always have been i don't get it.
24" range is fucking stupid. plain and simple, the only redeeming quality of firewarriors has thusly been stripped away. wonderful, if this is true then i don't know if i'll be playing anymore.

and where the hell did this mentality of overwatch being so devastatng come from? OVERWATCH IS NOT EFFECTIVE! its a piss poor attempt at stand and shoot in fantasy that rareyl changes anything about a charge, ever. overwatch is almost useless, with the odds of doing any actual wounds to a unit almost abysmal unless you have lots shots, and oh sure firblade this and that +1 shot and such, cool so now your tellingme my new codex thats suppossed to be "so much more flexible" than our current one is pushing you to use a static gunline army to get the most out of the ew armywide special rule. if you think 24" range pulse rifles is fair then you must've though that GK were underwhelming, and that necron airforces in the current meta are'nt op, or that hell drakes aren't very good fliers. delusional.

Last edited by jlay123; 04-01-13 at 02:12 AM.

post #264 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-01-13, 04:46 AM

furyion's Flag is: USA

I agree, pulse rifle range reduction would be a brutal beating with the nerf bat. Fire warriors wouldn't even be worth their points. I honestly hope that this batch of rumors is a sick joke.

And if a rail gun is s8, what will we have for a tank killer? That would put us with no weapons over strength 8 unless something else gets a boost.

If you are normal the crowd will accept you...
If you are deranged the crowd will make you thier leader.

Quote:
With my luck I will roll 3 1's but fail 4 armour saves, trip over a hormagaunt and kill myself.
- MadCowCrazy
post #265 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-01-13, 04:47 AM

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyion View Post
I agree, pulse rifle range reduction would be a brutal beating with the nerf bat. Fire warriors wouldn't even be worth their points. I honestly hope that this batch of rumors is a sick joke.

And if a rail gun is s8, what will we have for a tank killer? That would put us with no weapons over strength 8 unless something else gets a boost.
Rail Guns on Broadside are s8 while on the hammerhead its strenght 10.
post #266 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-01-13, 05:08 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

Yes there are 3 types of Rail weapons

there are
rail rifles, carried by Pathfinders
Rail guns, carried by Broadsides
and I believe the Hammerhead has a Rail Cannon.
post #267 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-01-13, 06:38 AM

projectda's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
Yes there are 3 types of Rail weapons

there are
rail rifles, carried by Pathfinders
Rail guns, carried by Broadsides
and I believe the Hammerhead has a Rail Cannon.
ive heard its rail rifle, heavy rail rifle, rail gun.

edit: gw site confirms it.

DIVTIVS VOS OBTVTVS IN CASSVS, PENITVS CASSVS OBTVTVS IN VOS.

Last edited by projectda; 04-01-13 at 06:40 AM.
post #268 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-01-13, 03:11 PM

That still sucks. I prefer to run no vehicles, but now I guess I have to include a hammerhead or hope for 6's on the pen roll against av13/14. Or deep strike some fusion suits...

Quote:
With my luck I will roll 3 1's but fail 4 armour saves, trip over a hormagaunt and kill myself.
- MadCowCrazy
post #269 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-01-13, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

So I just pre-ordered my new Tau army based on the information we have, what do you guys think of my list? What should I improve? What upgrades should I take for my Riptide?

Put list in spoilers as it's pretty long and goes into details of my battle plan
post #270 of 369 (permalink) Old 04-01-13, 06:04 PM

Very true, I'll put some but-hurt ointment on. We're all getting impatient.

Quote:
- MadCowCrazy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode