=][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 - Page 20 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #191 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
So, out of sheer curiosity, how bad was this update to Tau needed and how long has it been needed?
I'd say it's been due at least since 5th came out. They have never really been good from my experience.

If we talk update order I'd list it from most needed as: SoB, Tau, Eldar, Orks, BT, Tyranids. Once these are done I think they most armies should be pretty balanced, there are just a few units in each codex that would need a tweek. Mandrakes in DE, Archons court. Hmm, can't really think of anything else. Blood Crushers need a fix, their fluff is SOOOO HORRIBLE!!! when you compare it to their stats...

Chaos Daemons codex: Bloodcrushers of Khorne, pg. 30, last line of second section:
"Only the heaviest weapons have a chance of piercing its armoured skin, and by the time such weapons are brought to bear, it is usually too late."

Yeah.... that 6+ armour save is real scaaaaary... Almost every weapon in the game can pierce the armour, the 5+ inv save might give some protection but the armour is useless.

They should roll all SM dexes into a single codex as well, this could be easily done and not take up more pages than the current book. Just have wargear pages for each chapter, heck they could add wargear pages for all chapters. Every chapter only needs 2 pages, 1 for wargear and 1 for army special rules. The rest is pretty much exactly the same for all SM dexes.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 03-19-13 at 12:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 02:05 PM

If I'm reading this correctly, Tau last had an update in 4th?
Agreed on the bit about marines being funneled into one 'dex, but, aren't the reason BA, DA,BT, and SW in their own codec due to being non-codex compliant chapters?
post #193 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 02:10 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Agreed on the bit about marines being funneled into one 'dex, but, aren't the reason BA, DA,BT, and SW in their own codec due to being non-codex compliant chapters?
I guess the notion is that so much of their equipment is common you could simply do it as a base force with differences for each chapter as required. Not that much different to each of the Chaos Gods having different CSM and Daemon traits really.

post #194 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
I guess the notion is that so much of their equipment is common you could simply do it as a base force with differences for each chapter as required. Not that much different to each of the Chaos Gods having different CSM and Daemon traits really.
Well, I understand that. I guess the idea of traits specific to a chapter is what wasn't registering.
post #195 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 02:27 PM

bobahoff's Flag is: England

Don't think that the BA/nillarines dex would work as all the points values of the vehicles are different, for example rhinos are 15 points extra. Also you would have to have unit entries that say you can only use these with X army, thunderwolf cavalry is an example of this, can you imagine how many kids would turn up to play with ultramairnes on wolves?

Its not the best system, having multiple dex's but it seems to work alright.

When evil seeks to overcome good
And firepower ovecomes the spoken word
Then death shall rain from the sky on wings of blood
And retribution will be swift
post #196 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 03:02 PM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

I can see them releasing an "all in one" codex for Marines and have it divided into the separate Chapters........and then charging 3 times the price.
post #197 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 03:09 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
I can see them releasing an "all in one" codex for Marines and have it divided into the separate Chapters........and then charging 3 times the price.
As opposed to 5 times the price like it is now ? BA, DA, SM, BT & SW codices ?
post #198 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 03:40 PM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

Well if they really wanted to be greedy, they could charge the $83 (AUS) for the new codexes, times 5 and make it cost $415 rather than the current price for $289
post #199 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 04:07 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Yeah but my beloved Iron Hands ain't compliant either, No chaplains, Ad Mech Love, rarely any termie squads instead they take place of a Sargent, Iron Father's, Clan Organisation, clan council instead of Chapter Master etc yet they don't get their own dex, heck they don't even get their own character, so why should the other 'none-codex' chapters get one. I'm sure someone more familiar with the Ravenguard, White Scars, Salamanders and Imperial Fists could make a case for them too. I honestly think they should make them have their own codexes. It's wrong they are bundled in while other chapters get their own.

Just trait it like Chaos or Separate them all and make Ultra the standard dex and be done with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....

Last edited by Loli; 03-19-13 at 04:38 PM.
post #200 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 04:31 PM

bobahoff's Flag is: England

Why the ultamarines? They're crap.

Any way if I had to be honest I'd rather not have one codex to rule them all, I just think it would be a nightmare, especially when BA, SW and DA players want their specific dex's and not a yellow pages where they only use a third of it, yes you probably could fit all the characters, vehicles and units into a book about the size of the nillarines dex, but don't forget most 40K books (including BRB) are about 30% fluff.

I'm probably gonna get flamed to death for this but I would like to see MORE SM dex's(yes you read that correctly) salamanders and iron hands especially

When evil seeks to overcome good
And firepower ovecomes the spoken word
Then death shall rain from the sky on wings of blood
And retribution will be swift

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode