=][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 369 (permalink) Old 01-08-13, 02:06 AM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

Gotta say that for the most part I like what I'm hearing. Certainly having more of the Elite, Fast and Heavy units in plastic would be good to see. Though I have to admit I'm a little torn on new Battlesuits models. On the one hand the Suits were ugly and at times a pain to assemble, especially if they're your first army but at the same time they're so iconic for the Tau. I remember the first time I saw a Tau Battlesuit, it was the moment I knew that would be my first 40k army.

But the Special Issue gear and the XV22 Suit becoming mainstays is good to see. It rightfully shows that the Tau have been perfecting their technologies.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 369 (permalink) Old 01-16-13, 03:10 AM

Sloan13's Flag is: USA

I hope the broadside is a plastic kit, because the railguns in the finecast upgrade are always bent. They are a pain to get staight and make them match.
post #13 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-03-13, 01:25 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Well time for some updates! Tau playtest rumours from Faeit212:

Quote:
The Latest in Tau Rumors: Kroot Monsters and Walkers

I received this late last night, and it gives us some insight on Tau playtesting that is going on at the moment. Everything from a Tau Dreadknight type walker to a new Kroot Huge Monster is here.

Please remember that these are playtest rumors.

via the Faeit 212 inbox
I have been seeing a lot of play testing for the tau empire and have seen some new models as well. They look so new and epic it makes me really excited. Now I did my hands on some rules and names for units, If you are to pass these on then PLEASE send it to only reliable rumour sites.

I will start with the new sky ray orbital blast ability. From what I can remember on top of my head is that the sky ray has to forgo his full turn of shooting for a single unlimited range blast that is:

strength X AP 3 (wound on 2+,plasma corrosion, blast)
plasma corrosion - any enemy model hit under the blast rolls a d6 every turn for the remainder of the game on a roll of 1-3 the unit or model suffers d6 strength 4 AP5 hits. On a roll of 4-5 the unit suffers 2d6 strength 5 AP 4 hits. On a roll of a 6 the unit is hit with 2d6 strength 6 AP 2 hits with the blind special rule. (these are test rules and subject to change)

Tau fire warriors will have the OPTION to upgrade their tau fire warriors to bs 4 (I put option in bold to show it is an option for all those fluffy players)
I believe the upgrade at the moment is being called 'advance training'

battle suits are getting/got new models but have the same profile as now with the inclusion of an option to make them toughness 5 (cost or name is unknown)

The kroot is getting a HUGE monster that looks like something from fantasy. It has kroot riding it but is under going constant rule changes due to either dying to quickly or for lack of usage. From what I remember seeing it has 5 wounds but only a 5+ save and was over priced IMO.

kroot gain furious charge and move through cover and start with a 6+ save that can be upgraded to 5+ with shaper for an additional 2pts per model (making them 8pts per model) - remember this could change!

finally their is options to make all your battle suits have 2+ saves for 20pts per model - all war gear that is in the current codex has been reduced slightly.

the tau dread knight walker rumours you have read are 100% TRUE - I have seen the concept art/profile and from the top of my memory it is something like this.

WS BS S T W I A LD SV
4 4 6 8 4 2 4 8 2+/4+

I will not share rules because they were on the next page of document of which I did not see. I did see the points which were : 210pts

note the points were highlighted in red marker which means they are subject to change at next play testing.

post #14 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-03-13, 07:27 PM

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

T8? Ya, I'm calling BS on that. More then half of Faeit rumors are wrong, espically when it comes to stats and rules.
post #15 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-03-13, 08:28 PM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah, call me cynical but I dismissed this rumour when I read ' seeing a lot of play testing'....

I am the White Knight!

post #16 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 05:30 PM
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
T8? Ya, I'm calling BS on that. More then half of Faeit rumors are wrong, espically when it comes to stats and rules.
Faeit is just a rumour-mongerer like me, only with people who send stuff into him (I have to scrounge instead), so it's less that he's wrong and more that the information he's coming across or is being given is wrong. It's no more off then when I repost stuff that's wrong.

Anyhoo, more stuff from Faeit212:

Quote:
More Tau Rules: Wargear and the Krootox Giant

Even more Tau playtest rumors have come across my desk late in the night, and I thought I would get these out right away. There is a small line or two that I removed, and it seemed to indicate that a deadline of sorts was very near or already had arrived for playtesting material.

Please remember that these are playtesting rumors. Playtesting gives us insight to what is being worked on, but not exact details in how things will look in the codex once released.

via the Faeit 212 inbox
War gear:
Gatling ion blaster: 30'' S:6 AP:3 Assault:3
plasma storm blaster: 40'' S:9 AP:1 Assault:1 (lance,system failure,implosion)

lance: rulebook

system failure: If you score a glancing or a penetrating hit on a roll of a 6 you cause a system failure in the enemy tank/flyer. The tank/flyer cannot move or shoot for the remainder of the turn. The tank/flyer controlling player must roll a d6 every turn for the remainder of the game, on a roll of 1 the tank/flyer has a system failure again and may not shoot or move again.

implosion: if you score a explosion on a tank/flyer then it explodes 2d6 inches instead of the normal d6.

The new big kroot model is actually the krootox giant, from what I have been told fluff points to the tau making the krootox genetics being advance and in doing this increasing the size, strength and toughness.

the krootox giant has the following rules and stats - these I believe will change as we have had much discussions upon this unit and cannot be certain if it is powerful enough for a competitive environment.

Krootox Giant: WS BS S T W I A LD SV
6 3 8 6 4 1 5 7 4+

Special rules: Smash, monstrous creature, rage,mental without control, move through cover,fleet

mental without control: If your krootox giant loses his krootox rider then the Giant must pass a leadership test every turn otherwise will attack the closest enemy unit. If the Giant cannot reach a target then it misses it next turn while it cools down.

this unit at the moment costs : 200pts & can upgrade it's armour save to 3+ with a piece of war gear from the kroot armoury
post #17 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 06:00 PM

bobahoff's Flag is: England

No one calling BS on way way OP sky ray, and I'm a blood angels player so something must be dodgy if I call it op, and 210 pts for dreadknighty thing? Unless it can bitchslap literally everything in game I won't be taking that

When evil seeks to overcome good
And firepower ovecomes the spoken word
Then death shall rain from the sky on wings of blood
And retribution will be swift
post #18 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 06:34 PM
Token Trans Mod

Just popped up today over on Bell of Lost Souls....the orbital bombardment gets mentioned again to boot!

Quote:
40K RUMORS: Tau Empire

Word is the blue fishmen are inching closer to completion. Here's the latest set of whispered rules.

via Stickmonkey

Caveat: Many of these are said to be "in process". Don't look for *exact match* rules to survive to the printed codex.

Units

Crisis Suits: Look for more posable new models. Unit keeps its high level of customization, with several upgrades to stat lines possible. New flakk missile pods. New combi-kit includes Broadside parts.

Stealth Suits: Models unchanged. Have stealth, (obviously), plus optional drone granting shrouding.

Sky Ray: Last edition's trainwreck gets a new lease on life. Flakk missiles, plus has orbital bombardment (much like SM version, but with a lingering effect).

Fire Warriors: Same nasty gun. Still BS:3, but with a Shas'O can upgrade unit to BS:4.

Equipment
Drones: Any drone can be used for Look Out Sir rolls for any model in the unit they are attached to.

Markerlights: A single hit increases BS of all other units targeting the victim by +1. Multiple markerlights have no additional effects. OUCH - look out for possible BS:5, Fire Warrior volleys now! Markerlights improve snapfire against marked flyers to 5+ instead of 6, but must first hit the flyer with a 6 themselves.

Networked Markerlights: A longer range twin linked version. Vehicles only.
post #19 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-04-13, 08:31 PM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

Am I the only one who thought "King Kong" at the Krootox Giant?

I must say, some of these rumours sound improbable, but others sound quite legit. Either way, only time will tell...

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #20 of 369 (permalink) Old 02-05-13, 12:05 AM

projectda's Flag is: USA

sounds nice, except for stealth suits and markerlights.

DIVTIVS VOS OBTVTVS IN CASSVS, PENITVS CASSVS OBTVTVS IN VOS.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode