=][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 - Page 19 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-18-13, 11:21 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
Tau expand between every codex. Shadowsun also led the last expansion so I'm not sure this is that much news. Having a book about it though is going to be great.

And it's going to be a long time until Tau seriously annoy the Imperium, they've swallowed a few fringe worlds and are rubbing shoulders with Macragge, but in the prior case the Imperium doesn't care enough yet and in the latter case, the Tau and the Ultramarines are pretty much permanent allies so there shouldn't be any major diplomatic incident.

There's a reason that Tau and Codexarines are Blood Brothers in the ally chart. I'm really not expecting a whole lot of strife, honestly.

I'm really concerned with how the Riptide will compete. It feels like it could easily be a Heavy Support with its firepower... but it's not competing with Broadsides or Hammerheads. Will it be more effective than 3 Crisis, however?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-18-13, 11:36 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
There's a reason that Tau and Codexarines are Blood Brothers in the ally chart. I'm really not expecting a whole lot of strife, honestly.

I'm really concerned with how the Riptide will compete. It feels like it could easily be a Heavy Support with its firepower... but it's not competing with Broadsides or Hammerheads. Will it be more effective than 3 Crisis, however?
That'll be a question that'll be obvious when you see the netlists...

Anyway, I think it's a brilliant idea to move that in elite slots. Tau were too heavy support reliant as it is.

I'm curious to see what they'll do with the sniper drones as well.

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
post #183 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 01:07 AM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post

Hmm... It's not that much different in size (in mass it is though, haha) from a Necron Triarch Stalker, which is also Elite. The stalker is really squishy though, so the Riptide with T6 and W4 would be a defensive powerhouse.

But do we know if it has jet packs? If not, it's probably breaking more lore rules than anything so far at Tau's disposal.

It looks to have a LOT of options. Which is inherently a good thing for it. I can't imagine it could possibly be bad unless the base cost is too high.

I don't think you should be thinking "Crisis or Riptide" just yet. They will solve different problems. Depending on the rules, I'll probably end up with 1 Riptide in my regular army and none in my Stealth army (if XV25 get fixed)

Of course, they may just nerf the snot out of XV8 suits because they were the 'spammable' of choice in the previous codex. That's their usual marketing strategy, at least.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo

post #184 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Found this video whilst looking at random stuff, guess this is what a Riptide is...
Click Me
post #185 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 04:37 AM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Those models look cool canít wait till I have my own white dwarf to look at them better

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #186 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 04:41 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman View Post
Those models look cool canít wait till I have my own white dwarf to look at them better
Roll on the 30th !
post #187 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman View Post
Roll on the 30th !
::hopes for another alien update (Orks), then a good guy update(sisters), then a creature feature (Tyranids), then Space Marines by 3rd quarter or 4th quarter this year.::

Glad Tau got the much needed update, as I see this getting me one step closer to the Space Marines.
post #188 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 08:46 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

I got excited when I saw Farsight because he seems to have different feet that look stronger than the current crisis suit ones, but then I saw the Crisis suit next to it with the same feet we have now. All well I'm excited non the less.
post #189 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 10:11 AM
nevynxxx's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
But do we know if it has jet packs?
On the double page spread that's been leaked, on the side page with the bits about stuff, it has a pic of the back with a configuration of vents *just* like the crisis suit, just a few more of them. So I'm going for a firm, "yes, this thing jumps too".
post #190 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-19-13, 11:54 AM

So, out of sheer curiosity, how bad was this update to Tau needed and how long has it been needed?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode