=][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 - Page 18 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 11:00 PM

Just one thing is the broadside in the double page spread a new or old one.
I have a feiling they will be different than before in more ways than just the gun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-18-13, 06:28 AM

Interesting stuff. Will reserve my judgement until further developments.
post #173 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-18-13, 08:56 AM
nevynxxx's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyion View Post
From http://tauofwar.blogspot.com/
"All your Broadsides are now too small for tournament play. New ones are on 60mm bases, yours are on 40mm. Some power gamers might complain about you field your old ones."

I'm glad I held off to buy all of my broadsides
Because swapping the base is really hard

post #174 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-18-13, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

More pics and some rules from the WD

Source
Quote:
Via Kirby over on 3++
*Skyray can shoot and ground and air targets (one assumes at full BS)

*Special character is "like" Chronus for tanks. Tank Hunters. Potential cover boost. Tank can overwatch.

*Hammerhead roughly 160-170 WITH character.

*Special Pathfinder - Nightstrider.

*Shadowsun has split fire. Maybe.

*Riptide roughly is T6/W4/2 Sv/5 invul with the special option working on a 3 or higher (i.e. 3plusplus , better blast, etc.). Around 175 pts with Ion Cannon (S8 Ap2 blast; super charge takes to S9?).
5 wounds!? And more gun options outside of Ion cannon - supporting missile pods?

*All Ion weapons have a 'supercharge' option but at a risk (gets hot?). Drones can have Ion weapons.

*Interceptor drones are in! heavy drones with actual weapons AFAIK. They are a FW unit iirc which has been moved to 40k. there are 6 drone types (see below).

*Repulsor field. D6 s4 ap- hits to attacking units at I10

*Supporting fire allows other Tau units within 6" to overwatch a charging unit as well. Not sure if this is all Tau units or just specific types.

*Markerlights are for all intents and purposes, the same. Buff BS, remove cover. BS can be buffed for Overwatch but not sure if this counts for Skyfire, too

*There is somethign called.... puretide engram neurochip.

*I haven't heard anything about railcannons for the Riptide. It starts with a Burst cannon (of giantness) though and can buy a Skyfire option.__In the pictures we can see underslung plasma rifles with the burst cannon.__IDK base cost for Hammerhead but that appears to be about right. I'd still imagine one hammerhead + 2 broadside units with the info I have but it might go the other way, too.

*6 different types of drones.
Grav inhibitor
pulse accelerator
recon drone (which can fit in the turret cupola of a devikfish and provide communication relays and fire support)

*Cadre Fireblade -
IC with split fire, markerlight, supporting fire, volley fire (+1 shot for Pulse Rifles/Carbines if unit and IC do not move).
Upgrade for Fire Warrior units - not sure if an actual IC or just has LoS! properties, etc.

*Pathfinders compete with fliers so I'm guessing no option to move them and they stay in Fast Attack.

*Riptide is an Elite choice

*85 pts gets S8 AP1 Skyfire for Broadsides; same statline
railguns are now S8 Ap1 base - rail cannons are S10 AP1.
The way the ruling works is at the beginning of the shooting phase they can choose to have skyfire or not.
No beam railgun shot

*Kroot?
There were some solid thoughts on Kroot before with rules, etc. but since they might not have new models soon, they might not want to showcase them. But yes, quite possibly they have been cut until this silly ally supplement book which would be frustrating but that would be very strange as GW generally never removes units from books.
post #175 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-18-13, 04:26 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Damn the Riptides nice... Even better looking in the clearer pics. Just wish I knew how huge it was.

Still don't like the flyers though.
post #176 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-18-13, 04:29 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
One thing i'm noticing... just how huge is that ubersuit / Riptide?

Its 50, 17 more then then Dreadknight. Also... its more then twice the hight of those crisis suits and at least as tall as a flying stem... so what... 15cm?
Seems like the box has loads of options though, seeing as how we've seen 4 different main (big) guns so far and a plethora of smaller ones (at least fusion blaster, missile pods, SMS and plasma rifle) so I expect the price has more to do with that than just size.

Also, I think those thigh plates are perfect to fix the nose of the schizo flyer.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #177 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-18-13, 05:32 PM

bobahoff's Flag is: England

Love the tiny head on the riptide, plus I need a new drool rag this one is full

When evil seeks to overcome good
And firepower ovecomes the spoken word
Then death shall rain from the sky on wings of blood
And retribution will be swift
post #178 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-18-13, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobahoff View Post
Love the tiny head on the riptide, plus I need a new drool rag this one is full
post #179 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-18-13, 09:27 PM

Thermos51's Flag is: United Kingdom

(I don't play tau for the record, long live the Empawah!) I was on the gw website and on the main page is an advertisement for a book about this shadow sun felow and in the description it says that she is going to lead the next phase of the tau empire's expantion, a new crusade against the imperium??!!?? Best send the Krieg 50th to the border! LONG LIVE THE EMPAWAH!!
post #180 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-18-13, 10:34 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermos51 View Post
(I don't play tau for the record, long live the Empawah!) I was on the gw website and on the main page is an advertisement for a book about this shadow sun felow and in the description it says that she is going to lead the next phase of the tau empire's expantion, a new crusade against the imperium??!!?? Best send the Krieg 50th to the border! LONG LIVE THE EMPAWAH!!
Tau expand between every codex. Shadowsun also led the last expansion so I'm not sure this is that much news. Having a book about it though is going to be great.

And it's going to be a long time until Tau seriously annoy the Imperium, they've swallowed a few fringe worlds and are rubbing shoulders with Macragge, but in the prior case the Imperium doesn't care enough yet and in the latter case, the Tau and the Ultramarines are pretty much permanent allies so there shouldn't be any major diplomatic incident.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode