=][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 - Page 17 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 03:51 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Here you go, Bits.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 05:56 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

One thing i'm noticing... just how huge is that ubersuit / Riptide?

Its £50, £17 more then then Dreadknight. Also... its more then twice the hight of those crisis suits and at least as tall as a flying stem... so what... 15cm?
post #163 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 06:15 PM
nevynxxx's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
One thing i'm noticing... just how huge is that ubersuit / Riptide?

Its £50, £17 more then then Dreadknight. Also... its more then twice the hight of those crisis suits and at least as tall as a flying stem... so what... 15cm?
Should mean it's in the flight path of air units, and gets automatic skyfire then

post #164 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 06:51 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

If there is one thing I am noticing, its that all those kits come with a fuckton of drones.

Seriously though, I am liking the models.
post #165 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post
If there is one thing I am noticing, its that all those kits come with a fuckton of drones.
Yip.... Lots and lots of drones...
post #166 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 07:26 PM

bobahoff's Flag is: England

Didn't someone once say GW will never make the money back on the drones mould? Maybe something to do with that.

Also if they're cheap enough (points wise) then its an effective way to lay down fire, especially if carbines are made to be assault 2

When evil seeks to overcome good
And firepower ovecomes the spoken word
Then death shall rain from the sky on wings of blood
And retribution will be swift
post #167 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobahoff View Post
Didn't someone once say GW will never make the money back on the drones mould? Maybe something to do with that.

Also if they're cheap enough (points wise) then its an effective way to lay down fire, especially if carbines are made to be assault 2
They are also great to screen and soak up fire.....
post #168 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 07:46 PM

furyion's Flag is: USA

From http://tauofwar.blogspot.com/
"All your Broadsides are now too small for tournament play. New ones are on 60mm bases, yours are on 40mm. Some power gamers might complain about you field your old ones."

I'm glad I held off to buy all of my broadsides

If you are normal the crowd will accept you...
If you are deranged the crowd will make you thier leader.

Quote:
With my luck I will roll 3 1's but fail 4 armour saves, trip over a hormagaunt and kill myself.
- MadCowCrazy
post #169 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 08:02 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

From Faeit212 regarding the images:

Quote:
Tau Information Flows Free.

This is another Tau treat, as each image we have seen is explained with details on what you are seeing.

I expect a balanced 6th edition codex with the Tau, and look forward to seeing what it brings.

via neko over on Warseer
I'm glad someone's posted those - I feel I can speak a little more freely now

Looking at the double spread:
- The flyer on the left is a gunship. The chin-mounted burst cannon you can see, but the main weapon is actually mounted on the underside of the tail, and is some sort of turreted array of ion weapons. My first thought is that this should make the flyer easier to use, as you don't need to be pointing at the target. It also has 2 pop-up seeker missiles.
- The flyer on the right is the bomber. It doesn't actually carry any bombs, but instead has a generator for forming bombs out of plasma as they're needed. It also has a detachable drone fighter in each wing for defense.
- Below the bomber, you should be able to make out a lot of white missile tips. These all belong to a Broadside model. The uppermost bundle of missiles is a shoulder-mounted pod, whilst a bit lower you can see 2 more bundles of missiles in arm mounted pods. Also, to the right of the shoulder pod you may be able to make out a seeker missile pointing straight up - this is the suit mounted seeker I mentioned.
- To the right of that you have the XV104 Riptide. You should be able to make out an ion cannon of some sort on its right arm, and a shield on its left.

2nd Attachment:
- Here we can see the box art for the XV104, this time armed with some sort of uber-burst cannon. On this shot you might be able to make out the twin support weapons mounted under the main gun. It also comes with 2 shielded missile drones.
- And another picture of the bomber.

3rd Attachment:
- Pathfinders. You can't really make out the new experimental weapons I'm afraid, but you can certainly see that one of the drones is beefier than the rest. If I understand right, this drone can sit in place of the cupola on the devilfish, and grant some sort of C3 bonuses.
- Broadside suit. In this shot you can see it built with the twin heavy rail rifle (the rifle you can see is actually 2 heavy rail rifles side by side).
- Crisis team. It's just the current suits repacked into boxes of 3.

Another tidbit not shown:
- The XV8 varient is a finecast commander's varient. It looks similar to the XV8 (maybe with longer limbs?), and may well have the same rules, but is posed with the hand units deployed.
And concerning the Riptide:
Quote:
Answering Questions About the Riptide

In the last few days we have seen a lot about the Tau, and there are more questions than there are answers right now. What exactly is the Riptide, what does it come with, and what are its upgrades are a huge one. Not only that, but now we have seen the model (box cover art), and the excitement is going nuts. This model is "freakin huge".

Please remember that while we are getting close to release dates, and this comes from a good source.... always add a grain of salt until the codex is in hand.

via an anonymous source from the Faeit 212 inbox
To answer some questions for your readers:
*The suit starts with rail cannons and can upgrade them to the Ion Weapon.
*The profiles you have listed are wrong, but it does indeed have blast and shot options. (from yesterday)
*It does divert power from it's reactor to different systems at the start of each Tau turn, lasting until the next turn and starts with one system active.
*One includes the gun, which is how you change it from shots to a blast.
*For those of you wondering; yes the blast is better than the multi-shots.
*It isn't like submunitions, or dispersed firing. Think of it more like megaman's buster. It gets powers up and fires a big shot instead of rapidly firing smaller shots (granted it's from a big gun).
post #170 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-17-13, 09:02 PM

anyone got any pics of the new kroot stuff ???

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode