=][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 - Page 14 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-15-13, 01:20 PM
nevynxxx's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
Probably but the point is the Codex says nothing about that. In fact it talks more about the " patient hunter" waiting for days.
This.

Haven't Eldar always been the "in - precision strike - out" army?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-15-13, 01:37 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Through the virtue of quotes I can see Magpie whom is blocked on my end is weighing in on the discussion. I'd like to add that Mont'Ka and Kau'Yon are the two main strategies of Tau, and yes, when the community mostly fails to use 50%, they are indeed not using Tau right.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #133 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-15-13, 01:42 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
Through the virtue of quotes I can see Magpie whom is blocked on my end is weighing in on the discussion. I'd like to add that Mont'Ka and Kau'Yon are the two main strategies of Tau, and yes, when the community mostly fails to use 50%, they are indeed not using Tau right.
Speaking of course with complete knowledge of the Tau player community world wide?

The two main strategies revolve around drawing an enemy to a killing ground which fits in quite well with notion of Tau becoming a "turret"

post #134 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-15-13, 01:45 PM
nevynxxx's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
f Tau becoming a "turret"
Speaking of Turrets, I'd love it if the forgerworld ones made their way over....
post #135 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-16-13, 08:02 AM

Yru0's Flag is: Australia

Hmm, I get the impression that Tau are a bit of both. You have the 'turret' part of the force that deals the killing blow and then you have the maneuverable part the lures and harrasses the enemy force so that they get in the perfect position for the 'turret' to take them out...I have yet to make this work on the tabletop admittedly but I'm not a particularly good player from the onset ;)

In relation to the rumours: broadsides. I'm a bit miffed about the S8 railguns although having skyfire in the army would be nice...although correct me if I'm wrong, the Flak missile is S8 skyfire as well, so is that what our railguns are becoming? (I don't have a Space marine codex so I could be VERY wrong here...)

Chaos Marine - "Where's your god Emperor now!?"
Loyal Astartes - "Right Behind you...."
Chaos Marine - *Turns around*
Chuck Norris with a Powerfist - "FALCON PUNCH!"
post #136 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-16-13, 08:11 AM

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

Flakk missiles are str 7 ap4. If rail guns are str 8 ap1, that makes them awesome at taking down air units.
post #137 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-16-13, 08:38 AM

"The Fire caste are entirely committed to mobile warfarein which targets are identified, tracked and killed in an effiecient and catuious matter."
"On the rare occasins when the Tau are absolutely compelled to defend a vital resource, they still apply thir traditional techniques. In this case, the Mont'ka is applied as lightning fast forays out of the defences, each aimed at killing the enemy that pose the greatest threat."
They are all about mobility and never staying in one spot, direct quotes from the book itself, it even explains they rarely if ever build any fortifications.
post #138 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-16-13, 08:48 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlay123 View Post
"The Fire caste are entirely committed to mobile warfarein which targets are identified, tracked and killed in an effiecient and catuious matter."
"On the rare occasins when the Tau are absolutely compelled to defend a vital resource, they still apply thir traditional techniques. In this case, the Mont'ka is applied as lightning fast forays out of the defences, each aimed at killing the enemy that pose the greatest threat."
They are all about mobility and never staying in one spot, direct quotes from the book itself, it even explains they rarely if ever build any fortifications.
Yes but that is in regard to Siege warfare which they choose not to indulge in. The general principles of lying in wait are still how the Tau fight.

But as others have said it is a blend of both. Lying in wait to move to attack or lying in wait to spring an ambush.

Which makes it pretty clear that if 50% of Tau players are moving to attack and 50% are lying in wait then everyone is playing them correctly, don't you think?

Either way probably best to steer the thread back to the impending release and how cool it will be, or how bad it will be as your preference might dictate.

Last edited by Magpie_Oz; 03-16-13 at 08:52 AM.
post #139 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-16-13, 03:03 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Default More Tau Rumours

More Rumours Time! Via Faeit212:

Quote:
Tau Are Coming: Model Releases, Ion Cannon, and Characters

If you were skeptical that Tau were going to be released in April, well, here is yet another rumor set about what is to be seen in the Tau codex. Characters, model releases, Firewarrior Overwatch, the Riptides pt cost, and more.

Even though it seems we are right around the corner for this release, please remember that these are still very much rumors. Salt is always required. (Not to mention that we always are only seeing parts of the rules, and not the complete picture...... No sky is falling ever at this point)

via the Dude over on Warseer pt 1
More info is coming to light regarding the Tau release. What I've personally heard is:
*Aun'shi is rumoured to be returning.
*Two new characters are said to be included.
*One character is a tank commander (presumably a vehicle upgrade) like Pask from the IG Codex. He is supposedly in a Hammerhead and allows it to overwatch.
*The other Character allows Fire Warriors to consolidate after Overwatch.
*So it seems Overwatch is going to be the Tau's special trick, at least from a Fire Warrior perspective.
*The large suit thats been rumoured for a while is supposedly called the Riptide. It is a Jump Monstrous Creature armed with Ion Cannon and standard Battlesuit support weapons.
*The Ion Cannon can reportedly use two fire modes, Heavy 3 (possibly 4) and single shot Large Blast.

I have heard of the following releases:
*Riptide large suit
*Flyer dual kit (fighter and bomber)
*New Battlesuit and Broadside models (not sure if these dual kit or not)
*Plastic Pathfinders
*A new Fire Warrior HQ (not sure if the special character mentioned above or a generic one)

via the Dude pt 2
*Ethereals buff units that they join with a selection of effects. One such effect gives an extra shot. This combined with a piece of wargear that adds 6" max range to the squad means that it's possible to rapid fire 3 shots at 18".
*Apparently this can potentially be 4 if the Fire Warrior special character is also attached.
*Riptide is rumoured to be around 165 base but only start with twin-linked Plasma.
*The Ion Accelerator is apparently an upgrade: three S7 AP3 shots or one S8 AP2 Large Blast.

*There's supposedly a special rule on the Riptide called Nova Accelerator which can do 4 things:
Buff weaponry (unsure how or which weapons)
Double the shots of support weapons (missile pods ect)
Increase invulnerable save to 3++
Boost a stat (unknown which or by how much)
post #140 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-16-13, 05:17 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Tau may be the force I'm looking for, a none power armoured force with some easily painted models.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode