=][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 18/03/2013 - Page 12 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 10:20 AM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobahoff View Post
Why get excited for fleet? Its crap now.
It's just an example, the other adaptations were +1 Initiative, +cover save (anywhere, 6+ in the open) , +1 Tougness etc. Yes, I will probably get Fleet (depending on the cost) because in a huge unit (I usually field 20+max hounds) that makes more statistical sense than snapfiring.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 12:51 PM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
If you run Commander Farsight then you can have 16 Crisis suits in total. Although 7 of those are part of Farsights unit.
In terms of Crisis Suits, you can actually have 20 in total.

Farsight w/retinue = 8
Shas'o w/retinue = 3
Crisis Suit unit = 3
Crisis Suit unit = 3
Crisis Suit unit = 3

Though I have used this in the past and it was horrible . Fun to play though!

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #113 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 01:08 PM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

Ahh...didn't think about the other HQ slot. It would destroy marine armies would it not? 20 Plasma Rifle shots would surely but a dent in them. That's assuming if you gave them all PRs.

Just did some calculating. With the absolute cheapest possible wargear options (TL flamers and non-HW Blacksun filters) it still comes out to 727pts. Although you need to use at least 1500 to use Farsight.

Last edited by Insanity; 03-14-13 at 01:13 PM.

post #114 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 02:14 PM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

^ That's what I thought, but when the opponent starts sniping you with Missile Launchers you're bound to lose a few suits, then the Leadership tests follow... ugh.

Still, it was fun to field a maximum suit list. I had all those crisis suits, plus 3 XV9s, and a unit of Broadsides.

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #115 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 02:21 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobahoff View Post
Why get excited for fleet? Its crap now.
It makes charges more reliable which is very important these days.

RUMOUR TIME!

Faiet212's repost from 3++:
Quote:
Tau Overwatch, Flyers, and the Riptide

This was floating around over on 3++ and while some of it duplicates other rumors, there is some new stuff in here as well. The one thing that seems to be a constant, is that many people are claiming and maintaining that the codex release will be set for April.

Some more bits of information were floating around over on 3++. Please remember that these are rumors, some salt is always required.

via 3++ is the New Black (from inside the Chatbawks)
option to have all units with 6" fire overwatch - lots of dice rolling, little effect FTW
Fliers are AV10/11 with 6x S6/7 shots at BS3; not twin-linked
there is a tank commander
Tau vehicles can no longer fire as fast vehicles (i.e. multi-tracker upgrade gone/changed)
Riptide - name of ubersuit and is an Elite choice.
And more about the Railgun:
Quote:
Rail Guns, What is Going on With Them. Pts and More

There has been a lot of talk about the upcoming Tau codex release, and specifically Broadsides and their twinlinked railguns. Well, I have some new information, and collated info from the comments and rumors that we can at least get whats on the table with them.

Please remember that these are rumors.

This was from earlier today

via 3++ is the New Black (from inside the Chatbawks)
Broadsides - 85 pts with S8 Ap1 Skyfire; not sure if this is in place of old S10 AP1 or if the 85 points + skyfire is an option but its there.

Here is a response from a very reliable rumor checker that sometimes comes in to help us take a closer look at rumors.
via an anonymous source

They're not 85 points base, that's including their Skyfire upgrade.

They are indeed STR 8 AP 1 however on the broadside suits, then pay to add skyfire, but not interceptor.

this is from the comment section of the post from earlier today.

via shaso_icebornMarch 13, 2013 at 2:10 PM
or Rail Rifle S6 Ap3, Rail Gun S8 Ap1 Skyfire (with option for interceptor) and Rail Cannon S10 Ap1.

Can anybody guess where these now go? it's pretty obvious isn't it?
post #116 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 02:26 PM

the reason im not excited is because i can expect that they are just going to nerf stuff everyone uses now and bring in new stuff thats obviously better for people to buy. they've done it before and they are just gonna do it again, except this time to the only army i really care about.

i understand, ya its great from a business perspective, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't suck for long time consumers though, who already had invested in units.

the broadside thing kinda bugs me, and i only use a unit of them, i understand that its a rumor but still, with every saying how much senses and stuff it makes i really dont see the reasoning other than "oh its smaller", but ya thats why it can't rock that awesome submuntition round, and also i don't think that some hyperaccelerated chunks of metal being shot at flyers is very effective AA. hello, missile pods? idk it just doesnt make much sense to me.

railguns str10ap1 are quintesentially tau, take that way, i think you take away tau tbh, basically are just giving them a multi melta without melta rules, like a longer ranged fusion. no no.

Last edited by jlay123; 03-14-13 at 04:34 PM.
post #117 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 10:15 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Default More Broadside rumours or "let the internet find more reasons to bitch"

More Broadsides stuff from Faiet212:

Quote:
Broadsides: Details to Clear Up Misconceptions

There was a lot of overreactions earlier today about broadsides and what they are to become next month with a new Tau codex release (assuming its next month). So one of the sources here put together much more detail, so that Tau players can get a sense of what of what to expect.

Personally, having a S8 twin-linked AP1 skyfire weapon is huge. Throw three of them into a unit, and you have a very reliable anti-flyer unit. X 3 or more in a 2000+ game, and you have a unit that looks like it will be able to control the sky from the ground.

Please remember that these are rumors, although very solid ones.

via an anonymous source
*Broadsides are Slow and Purposeful, 2+ and T4 now.
*They are twin linked str8 ap1 railguns and can take plasma or missiles as well.
*They have a suit upgrade that let's them at the start of a shooting phase have skyfire.
*They don't have interceptor, nor do they snap fire ground targets.
*The only thing I notice is that the unit chooses to skyfire or not. So if you use split fire, you can't mix firing at ground targets and flyers easily.
*They're really, really good.
*Semi mobile and very durable. They're the only non interceptor skyfire unit in the game that can survive flyer alpha strike.
*The tears and overreactions over out of context snippets is mind-blowing.
post #118 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 11:21 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Tau vehicles can no longer fire as fast vehicles
Looks like we finally have a dealbreaker. Suddenly I'm dreading the logistical aspects of selling nearly 25000 points of combined 40K armies on eBay rather than looking forward to new codices.

I guess I'm going to have to mentally prepare to find out whether or not that one is true. But if it is... Yeah.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #119 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-15-13, 04:17 AM
For Da Boss

dirty-dog-'s Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
Looks like we finally have a dealbreaker. Suddenly I'm dreading the logistical aspects of selling nearly 25000 points of combined 40K armies on eBay rather than looking forward to new codices.

I guess I'm going to have to mentally prepare to find out whether or not that one is true. But if it is... Yeah.
this does take away alot of usefullness the tau currently have.

i thought the whole idea of tau is mobile warfare.

omgitsduane's # 1 Fan

Russian Winter Guard Thread

post #120 of 369 (permalink) Old 03-15-13, 04:21 AM

if they can fire both in the sky and on the ground, then meh. thats alright i suppose. its not as good as now still, i'd rather still have str10 ap 1 and twinlinked without skyfire, but so be it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode