I got the new rulebook! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-14-08, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Default I got the new rulebook!

Good news i got the rulebook today i ordered it from games workshop and had it mailed to my house this is in the uk its due out in 27 days any questions about 5th ed ill answer them

WARNING DONT READ BELOW IF YOU DONT WANT 5TH ED SPOILERS

Questions already answered

Vehicle Ramming rules
You cant fire when you ram a tank its one hit on both tanks the strength depending on 3 things

Armour-Each point of armour above 10 on the point of impact (up to +4)
Speed-Each full 3" moved that turn by the rammer before impact (up to +8 if moved 24 inchs)
Mass-If the vechile is a tank (+1)

For example:A land raider moves 10" and rams a ork trukk hitting the side of the trukk the trukk takes a strength 8 hit because the armour of the land raider is 14 so +4 its moved 10" so +3 and it is a tank so +1 4+3+1=8
The land raider suffers a strength 3 hit because the trukk's armour is 10 so +0 a trukk is not a tank so +0 and +3 because the land raider moved 10"

After this happens the armour penetration is decided and then result, if the vechile which is rammed is not destroyed the tank which charged it stops right next to it but if the vechile which has been rammed is destroyed then it keeps moving till it reachs its full movement if it come into contact with a enemy unit or tank then the unit would be tank shocked and tank would be rammed again

Ramming a skimmer
Okay the rule is that skimmers can decided to let the other persons tank him them or they can try to dodge on a 1 or 2 its a normal ram or on 3+ the skimmer dodges if the skimmer dodges then the ramming tank cannot move any further

Turbo Boost
Turbo boost can still move up to 24 inchs but cannot move through difficult terrain,shoot,launch assaults or execute any other voluntary action in the same turn, in the following shooting phase the bike has a 3+ cover save but the bike loses the new ability to go to ground and they automatically pass pinning tests. For the a unit using the turbo boosters they must be at least 18" inchs away from the starting point to claim their 3+ cover save

Snipers
Snipers now use their own bs to hit and are always 4+ to wound but they now have rending and pinning also they count as strength 3 against vehicles

rending
Rending you need a 6 when rolling to wound it automatically wounds the target with is ap2 also against vehicles when doing armour penetration if you get a 6 you can roll a d3 and add that to the score

CC If Fearless
Its not by outnumbered any more but by the number of wounds you lost by in CC so if a fearless unit loses by 4 wounds then they have to take 4 wounds on their men with armour saves allowed

Last edited by Triple 888; 06-15-08 at 06:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-14-08, 01:17 PM

Ordog's Flag is: Germany

Uhm......What?

I mean...in Germany the new Rulebook comes out in 21 Days.....in UK they start selling offical in 27 days.

Why they should send you the preorder-book now O.o??
post #3 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-14-08, 01:47 PM

solitaire's Flag is: England

Cool, I have heard of GW occasionally shipping out Codexes early so I guess the same has happened for the Rulebook.
So then, are the new Vehicle Ramming rules what they are cracked up to be?

"Playing Warhammer is just like making love. It's usually done on a table and afterwards you always feel great shame. Plus like most fun things the older you get the less fun it becomes. So remember, always wear a condom while playing Warhammer - I've got mine on now."

post #4 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-14-08, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordog View Post
Uhm......What?

I mean...in Germany the new Rulebook comes out in 21 Days.....in UK they start selling offical in 27 days.

Why they should send you the preorder-book now O.o??
They must have sent it accidently
post #5 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-14-08, 02:07 PM

njfed's Flag is: USA

Hmmmness.
How to take advantage of an early rule book.

Ebay is that way --->

Yes, I will be using the lash on that unit again so I may touch your models a second time.
post #6 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-14-08, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
Cool, I have heard of GW occasionally shipping out Codexes early so I guess the same has happened for the Rulebook.
So then, are the new Vehicle Ramming rules what they are cracked up to be?
Their quite good if you dont have any guns left on the tank and have high armour

You cant fire when you ram a tank its one hit on both tanks the strength depending on 3 things

Armour-Each point of armour above 10 on the point of impact (up to +4)
Speed-Each full 3" moved that turn by the rammer before impact (up to +8 if moved 24 inchs)
Mass-If the vechile is a tank (+1)

For example:A land raider moves 10" and rams a ork trukk hitting the side of the trukk the trukk takes a strength 8 hit because the armour of the land raider is 14 so +4 its moved 10" so +3 and it is a tank so +1 4+3+1=8
The land raider suffers a strength 3 hit because the trukk's armour is 10 so +0 a trukk is not a tank so +0 and +3 because the land raider moved 10"

After this happens the armour penetration is decided and then result, if the vechile which is rammed is not destroyed the tank which charged it stops right next to it but if the vechile which has been rammed is destroyed then it keeps moving till it reachs its full movement if it come into contact with a enemy unit or tank then the unit would be tank shocked and tank would be rammed again
post #7 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-14-08, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfed View Post
Hmmmness.
How to take advantage of an early rule book.

Ebay is that way --->
Could do but i get to read all the new rules early =)
post #8 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-14-08, 02:24 PM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

sounds pretty good, can you still shunt smaller vehicles out of the way like a tank shock, or is it only ramming now? and I heard skimmers can try to dodge a ram, whats the deal with that?
post #9 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-14-08, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddermax View Post
sounds pretty good, can you still shunt smaller vehicles out of the way like a tank shock, or is it only ramming now? and I heard skimmers can try to dodge a ram, whats the deal with that?
Okay the rule is that skimmers can decided to ram them if they want or they can try to dodge on a 1 or 2 its a normal ram or on 3,4,5 or 6 the skimmer dodges if the skimmer dodges then the ramming tank cannot move any futher

For ramming a smaller vechile do you mean like a walker?
post #10 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-14-08, 02:56 PM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Thanks for the quick reply! I was thinking an ork trukk or buggy really, small fast vehicles that can run interference. The old tank shock rule meant you could just move them out of the way (if you had a heavier vehicle that is).

Oh, and how has Turbo Boost been effected?

Thanks man! I think you'll be pretty popular for a while!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode