The Hobbit. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-12, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Default The Hobbit.

We've got the first comfirmation that The Hobbit sets are definately comming soon. We all knew they were inevitable, but stores (My local one, and several others accross the North West that I know of) have now been told as of saturday, to pull all Mines of Moria starter sets, and several other items from shelves...

As we know, this only happens when new sets are due soon... Soo.. speculations as to whats comming... or if anyone cares, can start now. Chances are White Dwarf leak will be seen before December...

Edit: And now for some more solid details:

The LotR tabletop game will be renamed "The Hobbit". War of the Rings stays the same (for now). This is to emphasize on the difference inbetween the two systems. I've heard rumours of a "Battle of the five armies" supplement for War of the Ring, but I would not expect this anytime sooner then the 3rd movie. Probably more an educated guess then a rumour.

The one product for the Hobbit in december (as far as I know we really only get one) is a boxed game in the lines of Dark Vengence and Island of Blood. It contains more miniatures then Dark Vengance. No definite info on the contents, but 13 dwarves, a hobbit and a wizard should be a safe bet. No words on the opponents. I'm guessing goblins and wargs, with something big the dwarves can steamroll.

The box is supposed to contain scenery.

The box also comes with a brand new rule book. It's a complete new set of rules, though they are probably based on the current rules. Though I am very excited about this, hold your horses. It's still just rumours.

For the time being, the only way to obtain the book ist the boxed set. No hardcover, allthough I'd expect that to change in the future.

Now the downside is the price is located somewhere around 100€. That would roughly put it in the same category as the current Space Marine battalion (check your regional website for price comparison)

There were hints on a limited edition of the boxed set. Worked pretty well for Dark Vengance.

Enjoy, and take it with salt, as always.

Last edited by GrizBe; 11-08-12 at 05:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-12, 06:27 PM

EmbraCraig's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
The one product for the Hobbit in december (as far as I know we really only get one) is a boxed game in the lines of Dark Vengence and Island of Blood. It contains more miniatures then Dark Vengance. No definite info on the contents, but 13 dwarves, a hobbit and a wizard should be a safe bet. No words on the opponents. I'm guessing goblins and wargs, with something big the dwarves can steamroll.

The box is supposed to contain scenery.
That seems sensible - from the trailers it looks like the big fight scene is going to be Goblin Town, so I'd be expecting the boxed set to be based around that. So Dwarves, Gandalf & Bilbo vs. a big pile of goblins (& goblin king as a big character model maybe?) would seem a decent bet. And some cavern terrain instead of the pillars in the Moria set. Never actually got around to picking up the LotR box - might have to grab a set for posterity before they disappear.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-12, 06:46 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

to be honest i was never much of a fan of the lord of the rings gw games, like the models and massive fan of the movies, but what i really like is the number of people the movie tie in will bring to our hobby.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-12, 07:20 PM

yeh i might be able to use some of my lotr finally
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-12, 07:35 PM

EmbraCraig's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
to be honest i was never much of a fan of the lord of the rings gw games, like the models and massive fan of the movies, but what i really like is the number of people the movie tie in will bring to our hobby.
Yep - if GW are the gateway drug into wargaming, then the Hobbit could be the new gateway drug to get people into GW shops :p
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-12, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Is it terrible that i hope it doesn't bring more people in? Its not that I don't want fresh blood in the hobby, is just that The Hobbit, being more of a kids movie then LOTR, means it'll attract more kids.... I dunno how other peoples Gw stores are... but we've already got way too many annoying kids at mine, and the place is treated as too much of a creche by some people.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-12, 08:42 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

You don't like having 10 year olds crowd your gaming table????

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-12, 09:12 PM

Gluttoniser's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Is it terrible that i hope it doesn't bring more people in? Its not that I don't want fresh blood in the hobby, is just that The Hobbit, being more of a kids movie then LOTR, means it'll attract more kids.... I dunno how other peoples Gw stores are... but we've already got way too many annoying kids at mine, and the place is treated as too much of a creche by some people.
This

RUNES OF WARDING Y U NO LEAVE?!

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ar#post1057655 <--- My Word Bearers log
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-09-12, 12:04 AM

DanoNecrono's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
I wish the exact oppositte. See where I'm from it's 40k being the most popular followed by fantasy and then LOTR pretty much doesn't exist and it breaks my heart cause I'd like to start it.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-09-12, 12:12 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Spread rumours there is a paedophile loose in the shopsl. When kid goes home "mummy what is a paedophile" she goes "why timmy, how did you learn that awful word" and he goes "some nice man at the shop gave me a sweet and asked if I knew what one is and I said no, which made him happy because he smiled down at me and rubbed his hands together".

Et voila. No more kids.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode