White Dwarf new release not mentioned elsewhere - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-12, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Default White Dwarf new release not mentioned elsewhere

Stuff in WD that I havn't seen posted here:

Space Marine Megaforce: Commander, command squad, razorback, 2x tactical squads, sniper scout squad, ironclad, LR Redeemer, Drop Pod £150

Necron Megaforce: 24 Necron warriors, 5 immortals, 6 scarab swarms, doomsday ark, triarch stalker, annihilation barge, 6 tomb blades, canoptek spider £150

(not so good with the old world stuff)
Empire Army: Huge griffon, celestial hurricanum, helstorm rocket, 10 hand gunners, 10 great swordsman, 20 state troops, 12 knights, general on horse and another character with a standard with Death on it £150

Vampire Counts Army: zombie dragon, coven throne, corpse cart, 3 troll like things, vampire character, 5 dead knights, 10 ghouls, 20 skeleton warriors and 20 zombies £150

Plastic Chaos Cultist mini box with 3 shooty cultists and 2 choppy cultists, all
models already in DV. £6

9 new Edge paints in a set with Eavy Metal brush & booklet £35

4 new basing kits (northern wastes, death world, under-empire and badlands) £20 each

Imperial Defense Network (as per other thread)£100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-12, 09:14 PM

Good that they'll actually have Chaos Cultist models apart from the Dark Vengeance set. I was planning on converting Flagellants and appropriating guns from Imperial Guard, but this should be cheaper.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-31-12, 11:33 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just in time for Christmas :p

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-12, 11:44 AM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Jackal View Post
Good that they'll actually have Chaos Cultist models apart from the Dark Vengeance set. I was planning on converting Flagellants and appropriating guns from Imperial Guard, but this should be cheaper.
You can get 20 cultists on ebay consistently for less than £18

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-12, 02:43 PM

Adramalech's Flag is: USA

I can't wait until CSM gets its legit 2nd wave.

I mean, this is cute, but.... it's only five cultists? for $12? I'd rather have 10 plus upgrade options for $27 :\

So, I think I'll hold off on that for now, but those box sets sound pretty damn awesome. The Necrons and Vampire counts are especially tempting. Too bad I can't justify spending that much... yet.

boobs. that is all.

Last edited by Adramalech; 11-01-12 at 02:46 PM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-12, 05:03 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

I'm mildly irritated by how they decided to do the Cultists. On one hand, they did it in a relatively inexpensive way-- 5 models for $10. On the other hand, it'd be far more useful for gamers and hobbyists both to have a multi-part plastic kit that has both close combat and ranged options. I get that it's painfully simple to convert cultists from Empire Flagellants and Catachans, but it seems strange to me to not offer a kit when it's a unit that's become hugely popular.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-12, 05:08 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

could just be a cultist stop gap unit, if the CSM are to get a second wave later on you might see a 10 man with options unit, till then this can be used to bulk up the numbers.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-01-12, 06:26 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
could just be a cultist stop gap unit, if the CSM are to get a second wave later on you might see a 10 man with options unit, till then this can be used to bulk up the numbers.
Yes, I suppose so. But to make the molds for a separate kit, packaging, shipping, etc-- the development cost of just making a full muti-part kit isn't that much higher than repackaging the cultists as they did. So from a business standpoint it doesn't really make any sense to me.

I'm more excited about the 'eavy metal edge set. Not that I really need the paints, but the 'eavy metal brush set was a wonderful buy, and have been some of the best brushes I've had to date. I'd love a detail brush made the same way, of 100% female sable. And it wouldn't be bad to have the pastel range in a regular paint formula, I suppose. They're the same colors as the dry compounds, if you look at them-- they're just in the layer formula, which seems handy to me.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-02-12, 02:29 AM

Adramalech's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
I sure as fuck hope so; in fact, I'm betting on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
Yes, I suppose so. But to make the molds for a separate kit, packaging, shipping, etc-- the development cost of just making a full muti-part kit isn't that much higher than repackaging the cultists as they did. So from a business standpoint it doesn't really make any sense to me.
Neither does alienating your consumer base in the long term for short-term gain every year, but that doesn't stop them.

boobs. that is all.

Last edited by Adramalech; 11-02-12 at 02:38 AM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-12, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

The white dwarf blog says that these mega forces and other bits are going on preorder this weekend.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode