Maelstrom Games is now officially dead - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-13-12, 03:56 PM

Grins1878's Flag is: United Kingdom

I used to order from both Wayland and Maelstrom, it was nice to have the choice, but as was, I always preferred Wayland anyway. Sometimes the posing may not be too speedy, but with a few hundred unpainted minis knocking about I'm never in a rush.

Disappointing about the chap from Maelstrom, it's totally jack what he's done.

"I no longer think of them as animals Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptable. Single-minded. The perfection of my father's vision." - Magnus the Red.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-13-12, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

I ordered 2 Seeker Chariots of Slaanesh from Wayland, received 2 Seekers of Slaanesh. Sent the wrong models back and got the correct ones 10 days later.

Ordered every Armourcast muzzle flash thing on Nov 3 for the huge discount and a Valkia the Bloody. Box arrived today with everything except for my Valkia model... Opened a case just now, but it's still annoying that a model is missing.

Ordered some Gamezone on the 9th, with my luck I will probably get the wrong models. Ordered the undead wolves 2 and 3. Will probably get 2 packs of Wolves 1...

Did order all the new Daemons this summer though and everything arrived just fine. For my Wayland has been a bit hit and miss. I've placed around 10 orders so far and there has been problems with 2.

Unless I can find it cheaper on Ebay I think Wayland will be whom I order from more regularly from now on, or rather if I need something and they offer free shipping at the time.

Does anyone live near EotS? Would you mind going there and demanding my miniatures for me? I can give receipts and everything
post #63 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-13-12, 10:14 PM

pb97613's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
Pb, that is the largest amount of BS I have seen I in a while. Unless UK business law are completely ass backward from the US then Wayland owes the rest of MG creditors dick.

Wayland bought the debt from someone, called the note, forced them into liquidation. Now Wayland and the rest of the companies who are owed money by MG get to fight over the pennies that will be left out er once the company is liquidated.
As i stated, there are a variety of ways that companies buy other companies debt/assets. All i did is share information that I see first hand in dealing with companies that are going through liquidation/administration and receivership here in Australia. If you don't want to accept the fact that it can be done in a variety of ways, I personally don't care. As i said, I was sharing industry knowledge on how these proceedings can happen based upon what I see first hand.

post #64 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-13-12, 11:38 PM

Maidel's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb97613 View Post
As i stated, there are a variety of ways that companies buy other companies debt/assets. All i did is share information that I see first hand in dealing with companies that are going through liquidation/administration and receivership here in Australia. If you don't want to accept the fact that it can be done in a variety of ways, I personally don't care. As i said, I was sharing industry knowledge on how these proceedings can happen based upon what I see first hand.
Clearly not relavent for a uk company however.

To prevent any 'misunderstandings' if I post IN ORANGE then I am joking.
Thank you
post #65 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
I think you have misunderstood the whole situation as the way you describe it is really really odd.

What has happened is that Maelstrom owed money to Simple Miniature Games.
Simple Miniature Games sold the debt OWED TO THEM to Wayland Games.
This means that Maelstrom now owes money to Wayland Games but no longer Simple Miniatures.

Wayland hasn't bought any of Maelstrom debt, they have bought debt OWED BY MAELSTROM to a 3rd party.
post #66 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Wayland hasn't bought any of Maelstrom debt, they have bought debt OWED BY MAELSTROM to a 3rd party.
That's what is meant by the phrase 'Buying debt' Wayland bought Maelstroms debt, making themselves a creditor.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #67 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
That's what is meant by the phrase 'Buying debt' Wayland bought Maelstroms debt, making themselves a creditor.
This still doesn't mean Wayland is responsible to pay any of Maelstrom debt...
post #68 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
This still doesn't mean Wayland is responsible to pay any of Maelstrom debt...
I've not heard anyone suggest that, I might have missed it or you might have the wrong end of the stick.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #69 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-14-12, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Banned

As it was too late to do a paypal chargeback I checked and for debit cards you can do a chargeback, though it isn't enforced by law. When I called the bank they had no idea what I was talking about so I checked online and it seems customer support aren't told about this (banking conspiracy HOOOOOOOOO). When I found out about this I went to the bank to talk to someone there and they helped me fill out an application. I honestly didn't think anything would come of it but today I received this from paypal:

Quote:
Hello Daniel Karlsson,

We recently received notice from your credit card company that you filed a
chargeback stating that you did not receive merchandise you paid for.

Please review the details of the disputed transaction below and the steps
for what to do next.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Seller's name: Maelstrom Games
Seller's email: [email protected]
Seller's Transaction ID: 4TX76381AD700663M

Transaction date: Aug 28, 2012
Transaction amount: -47.91 GBP
Case #: PP-002-073-366-538
With some luck I might be able to get back half of what Maelstrom owes me. I placed 2 orders for 2 DV boxes. The problem with the other transaction is that I was sent money over paypal by a guy I had agreed with to split 2 boxes. As the money was sent to my paypal and then to maelstrom it's not possible for me to dispute that payment any more.
He could dispute it but that would be a dispute against me which would bend me over, put a red gagball in my mouth and play the music from the cellar scene from Pulp Fiction.

I posted the replacement models to the guy this monday so if I get money back from this I will feel a bit better but it still doesn't cover anything because of the value of the replacement models I sent the guy.

So if you paid by debit card it may still be possible to get your money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
I've not heard anyone suggest that, I might have missed it or you might have the wrong end of the stick.
Quote:
When a company goes into receivership and then liquidation they hand over control of the business to someone else who is then seeking to get as much money as possible for all the creditors. With Wayland buying Maelstroms debt, this means that Wayland now owes money to those companies and lenders. It doesn't concern me as to why the did this, I'm just highlighting the accounting that goes behind liquidation for others who aren't aware. There has been more lost here other than orders that will not be delivered. I feel for the people who no longer have a job (who know's if they have outstanding pay or other entitlements to be settled), the suppliers who have been waiting to get paid for stock they have already supplied and the production based upon sales estimates form their retailers, the other businesses that Maelstrom was a key client of that no longer has that revenue coming in....etc.... There are many people who are severely impacted by a closing of a business in this manner. Depending upon how the business has been structured, the owners could potentially be pursued for outstanding liabilities that the business had. It's not really a case that a company just goes into liquidation and walks away clean and clear. Liquidation is a rather messy process for all involved. At the end of the day, this is a situation where no-one wins. Just remember that this impacts on many more people than just people who placed an order that won't arrive.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode