Maelstrom Games is now officially dead - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-25-12, 03:50 AM

DecrepitDragon's Flag is: Scotland

Yup. They supposedly ran a sale on most of their "in stock" items in order to clear enough cash to buy kit for the backlog of online orders they keep falling behind with.

Something to do with their previous policy of selling stuff they didn't have causing them to mis-manage finances and get into a shitload of trouble.

Thats a paraphrase of rumours I'd heard - but close to the truth if not exactly accurate, I believe.

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

Visit my Tower Terrain Plog here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-25-12, 06:46 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I heard they're insolvent and going down the shitter.

Just what I heard a rumour... not that I know anything concrete. Best of luck to them - they're based about 3 miles from my house so would be sad to see them go.
I have been told they are more or less fucked from a few brits i know..........Shame i used to order from them before Canadian customs turned into total dicks.
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-25-12, 09:19 AM

Every experience on ordering from Maelstrom Games has been pretty shitty, they're slower than Wayland which takes some doing. They also have a shitty design for their website. It was only going to be a matter of time before their rep caught up with them.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-25-12, 05:57 PM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

Scuttlebutt is indeed that they are going down the pan...however I understand they have formed a couple of different companies for the more solvant enterprises - Bane Legions for example, but will inevitably fold the main business.

Shame, I like the venue - although choosing a grade 2 listed building was probably not the cleverest move - but their mail order service is dire so I have not used them for some time (nor Wayland which also suffers from this). Always go with the small guy for mail order - they get the stuff out the door asap!

I am the White Knight!

post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-29-12, 03:09 PM

http://www.gamerznexus.co.uk/

these guys are really good in my experience. When i ordered something that was out of stock they called me about 10 minutes after i placed the order [which suprised me] and then asked if i wanted to cancel or was willing to wait. i then got the stuff within a week of that so definately cant complain

Check out my gamer Blog
http://gamergeekery.blogspot.co.uk/2...rs-in-40k.html

Jezlad "I actually commented that Jigplums list was the least scary list I faced. Then took a pasting"
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jigplums
http://www.coolminiornot.com/160095
post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-29-12, 04:25 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigplums View Post
http://www.gamerznexus.co.uk/

these guys are really good in my experience. When i ordered something that was out of stock they called me about 10 minutes after i placed the order [which suprised me] and then asked if i wanted to cancel or was willing to wait. i then got the stuff within a week of that so definately cant complain
would be better if they had a live stock level so you dont have to guess, maelstrom have that facility which is why i have never had a problem with them, i can see if they have it , if they have i can order it and it arrives within 48 hours, if its not in stock i try elsewhere.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-30-12, 12:51 AM

boreas's Flag is: Canada

I don't know if loss of international sales hurt them... Me and my gaming group used to order a lot from them. Always good service. Now, well, we don't order GW stuff anymore **Insert regular comments about stupid ROW policies, gouging Canadian prices, yaddi-yadda**

****Why won't GW help me like them? Let FW take over GW!!!****
post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-01-12, 10:34 AM
Synack's Flag is: South Africa

I wonder how much of GW's policy to stop them from shipping oversea's has to do with this. I used to order 90% of my stuff from maelstrom and I never had a problem, until GW put a stop to that.
post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-01-12, 09:13 PM
Vhalyar's Flag is: Canada

I'm still fighting for reimbursement after two months and a half of utter silence concerning an order. They stopped replying to emails and the phone line is permanently busy/no one picks up.

I wish I had paid with my credit card rather than PayPal. At least then I could contest the charge and let them get chewed some more by MasterCard rather than wait for PP's investigation.

I found better alternatives now though, which is nice.
post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-01-12, 11:31 PM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

From the Malifaux forum:

"Maelstrom won't be getting any more Malifaux from us as he's been cut off due to his massive debt, which has now been sold via a debt purchase company who will be pursuing the debt and legal action.

MG is running his final sales (several of them) and there is nothing much left. No further stock will be sent from us."

Even if they do set themselves back up again, I imagine a lot of suppliers wont touch them again, and rightly so.

I am the White Knight!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode