New FAQs are up on GW - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 08:23 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Maybe I'm just retarded but can someone explain this one to me from the Rulebook FAQ:

Q: Can blast markers hit a model that is not in the attackerís line of
sight if they do NOT scatter? (p33)
A: Yes, as long as the target enemy model for the blast
weapon is within the firerís line of sight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
It's a clarification more than anything, presumably someone at the studio tried to pull "you can only kill the 1 marine because he's the only one you can see" trick.
basically as Sethis said, you can only see 1-2 models of a unit of 10.

target one of the two visible models; pray to scatter on the rest of the squad not in LoS.

remove, hopefully the whole unit, dead models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 08:39 PM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Anyone else notice Typhus' manraper does not have the Poison special rule? And that Drach'nyen is still AP3.

Daemon Princes with wings are now actually flyers which is a good thing :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 09:34 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Death ray: To fire the death ray, nominate a point on
the battlefield anywhere withm the weapon's range. then
nominate a second point within 3D6" of the first. Then, draw
a straight line between the two points. Every unit (fnendly or
enemy) underneath the line suffers a number of hits equal to
the number of models in the unit underneath the line. If the
vehicle's other weaponry is fired in the same shooting phase,
it must be fired at one of the units hit by the death ray.

From what I understand you can use this weapon to shoot into assaults and/or kill your own models with it.

What happens if I destroy 1 single model, say a lone Warrior or something. Could that potentially grant me First Blood?
That does not target enemy units, so you can create the line from any point you like to any other point you like, and hit everything on the line irrespective of line of sight.

Whether or not you can shoot into combat or not is a greyer area, but i would lean towards "can't do it" because the rulebook says "you may not shoot at units locked in close combat" and since the line doesn't scatter in any way then you are deliberately trying to resolve a shooting attack at a unit locked in combat, which is not allowed.

And you need to destroy a unit to gain First Blood, not a model, so that's a bit tricky.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.

post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 09:37 PM
Arcane's Flag is: USA

Oh wow I'm so glad they finally took 5 minutes to answer where the missiles fire from on an Exorcist... you know, 10 YEARS AFTER THE FACT.

Now if they would only finecast some of the SoB instead of leaving them in limbo for another 10 years instead of giving BA more FC models for things which are already fine as they are.
post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 09:41 PM
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
That does not target enemy units, so you can create the line from any point you like to any other point you like, and hit everything on the line irrespective of line of sight.

Whether or not you can shoot into combat or not is a greyer area, but i would lean towards "can't do it" because the rulebook says "you may not shoot at units locked in close combat" and since the line doesn't scatter in any way then you are deliberately trying to resolve a shooting attack at a unit locked in combat, which is not allowed.

And you need to destroy a unit to gain First Blood, not a model, so that's a bit tricky.
You are not allowed to shoot your own models either but you can with this weapon, the only time I see that as viable would if the units were locked in assault.

So your oppnent shoots up a warrior unit, 3 warriors survive, you then deathray them to death. Do you get First Blood? What about Kill Points? I take it your opponent would get one because the unit was lost similar to deepstrike misshap or fleeing off the board.

Same question can be asked of weapons with the Torrent rule (hellhound tank, GK Dread Knight etc). Can I place the small part of the template on a model I can see, then turn it so it basically flames around a corner at models taking cover behind a building?

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 09-08-12 at 12:53 AM.
post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 01:21 AM

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

I wish you could shoot your own units, i don't see why some boyz would stop the lads from shooting at D 'ummies.

Also just because some guardsmen are being massacred by a demon prince why can't i shoot them with my vindicator?
post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellados View Post
I wish you could shoot your own units, i don't see why some boyz would stop the lads from shooting at D 'ummies.

Also just because some guardsmen are being massacred by a demon prince why can't i shoot them with my vindicator?
Just for kicks, play a game where friendly fire is legal and you can fire into melees. Allocate wounds to the melee as of the whole melee was just 1 unit.

4,220 CSM
2,320 Necrons
1,870 eldar
1,000 witch hunters (trying to get rid of this)
1,000 SM (trying to get rid of this)
680 Tau (newest addition)
post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 04:14 AM

darknightdrako's Flag is: Canada

Q: If passengers disembark from a Transport that has suffered a
Shaken or Stunned result, do they still suffer these effects in their
next Shooting phase? (p80)
A: Yes.

Well that sucks. Another nerf to transports.
post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 05:06 AM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by effigy22 View Post
Anyone else notice Typhus' manraper does not have the Poison special rule? And that Drach'nyen is still AP3.

Daemon Princes with wings are now actually flyers which is a good thing :D
Pretty sure Drach'nyen would fall under a Daemon Weapon. At least I would rule it as such...

Fun fact, the Manreaper never had the poison rule...so why are you all complaining about it being missing?
post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 07:38 AM

Sweet Jesus Christ.... Can they not seriously write anything right once or even friggin twice? If they play tested their stuff, like seriously play tested they could save themselves (and us) a crap load of time and money. It just doesnt make sence. Can someone please explain it to me?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode