=][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012 - Page 87 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #861 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 02:42 AM

and if you're an assault based army without access to multiple types of assault vehicles (raiders and ravens) you may need bullet sponge units designed to get there & provide cover to assaulter's jumping out rhinos, & then sending the survivors in as a first charge to soak up any potential damage from overwatch shooting.

I would love if in a combat, cultist casualties didn't modify space marine leadership checks. Prevents them from being a detriment in a combat & is fluffy as hell as why would a mere mortal's death concern a true warrior of chaos?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #862 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 02:45 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

If you're an assault-based army from the CSM Codex, you'd better have a compelling reason to take no Land Raiders... Also, you'd need a compelling reason not to take cheap Troops to sit at home on backfield objectives (a la Space Marine Scouts or Dark Eldar Wracks) instead of simply hurling shit at the opponent in enough quantity to hope it sticks...
post #863 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 04:59 AM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Yah a 20+ man unit of cultist going to ground on a home objective would be almost impervious to ranged attack, but then again they would dissolve the second a decent unit hit them, but having something that doesn't care about a weapons ap is nice for a change.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come

post #864 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 05:09 AM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by clever handle View Post
and if you're an assault based army without access to multiple types of assault vehicles (raiders and ravens) you may need bullet sponge units designed to get there & provide cover to assaulter's jumping out rhinos, & then sending the survivors in as a first charge to soak up any potential damage from overwatch shooting.

I would love if in a combat, cultist casualties didn't modify space marine leadership checks. Prevents them from being a detriment in a combat & is fluffy as hell as why would a mere mortal's death concern a true warrior of chaos?
Yah but its probably not going to happen so sending them as bullet sponges will most likely cost you two units as the enemy (If they aren't retarded) will entirely dedicate themselves to the cultists often causing a lose by 6-7 combat res (Not to mention fast armies will multi-charge cultists just so they can break nearby none fearless unit in your army...hell I do the same thing all the time). Now since fearless is now changed doing so with cult units is a sound idea, however you will also lose any hope of winning the assault meaning 2-3 turns of fighting (Unless your using berzerkers).

No one is saying they are a bad unit, just that from what has been released so far they are looking to be in no way the new plague marines of the codex. Not to mention they don't fit in many CSM army builds (Fluff,appearance,synergy wise). Still I am glad for those that pine for the days of the lost and the damn, and have no qualms about them being in the book (I just will not be taking them, ever).

So in short they are nice, but nothing to be exited about (Unless you are someone that has no job and can waste 6-10 days painting models that will disappear faster then orcs in game, not to even taking into account that they will most likely come in 10-15 man boxes for 40-50$ causing you to spend 100 or so bucks on a gimped version of a orc boy)

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come

Last edited by LukeValantine; 08-01-12 at 12:14 PM.
post #865 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 11:27 AM

Adramalech's Flag is: USA

"BoK" is short for "blood of kittens"!?

I don't want to live anymore. ;-; poor hypothetical kitties....

oh, right, also I like the soul grinder in fantasy. Chaos daemons are pretty anachronistic in both settings, and the soulgrinder in fantasy cements that fact.

I realize I'm rather late on that, but I feel it needed saying for a second, third, fourth or whatthefuckeverth time.

boobs. that is all.

Last edited by Adramalech; 08-01-12 at 11:32 AM.
post #866 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 01:03 PM

yanlou's Flag is: United Kingdom

Cultists may find there true role in gun line tactics and as said objective holders, also some nice conversion possibilities, i maybe able to use my nurgle converted guardsmen as cultists.
post #867 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 02:56 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

What I understand about cultists is that they should have options for autoguns. I'm pretty sure that the leaked starter set sheet showed that. So even if cultists don't have grenades or anything to help their mediocre combat abillity they may still be better than allied guardsmen. They might lack orders sure, but they wouldn't require points spent on characters you may not need and with icons, marks and likely options for special weapons I can definitely see cultists being a cheap and solid option for including some extra firepower and objective camping in your chaos army.

For me, cultists are looking pretty good. At least they have potential to be a solid unit, so I for one, am looking forward to having them in the dex. And even if they suck, I'll probably still buy a few as my renegades are not above using mere humans to get the job done. Fluffy as hell.....Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.
post #868 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 03:03 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Autoguns are statistically identical to Lasguns, so...how exactly are they better firepower?
post #869 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 03:07 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

They should all be armed with grenade launchers like in DoW2. :D
post #870 of 1100 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 03:50 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
Autoguns are statistically identical to Lasguns, so...how exactly are they better firepower?
I did not at any point say they would be better at shooting. I said they might be better when you factor in stuff like Marks, Icons, their options for special weapons, cost of bringing in allies and the fact that Cultists wouldn't count as enemy models for the purpose of spells etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode