=][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012 - Page 60 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #591 of 1100 (permalink) Old 06-11-12, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Some clarifications to the above rumours

Quote:
Plague Marines have FNP you don't need Typhus, it's the Cultist that get FNP and Fearless when upgraded to zombies with Typhus. Lucious the Eternals Attack profile is based on the WS of his opponent only in a Challenge. Daemon Forge is an optional to use ability that is only for shooting not CC. It allows to re roll failed armor pen or wound roll too, but you have to roll a D6 and on a 1 your defiler looses a Hull Point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #592 of 1100 (permalink) Old 06-15-12, 03:46 PM

whiplash308's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuffin View Post
Their rules are all fine, but all of them are overcosted.

Zerkers would need to get rending if they were to stay at 21pts per model, or at least an option for several models to get rending. as is they should only be about 18-20pts .

Noise marines just need to have their sonic weapons included in their price for 18pts per model with the blastmaster coming down to a more reasonable price.

Plague Marines should have a points reduction to about 20-21pts

Thousand sons should go down to about 20 with the sorcerer getting a second wound at 40pts. Either that or keep them the same price and make their saving throw invulnerable.
Agreed on all behalves, especially Noise Marines. I want to do Emperor's Children, along with my own warband having Noise Marines in them. Paying for a basic marine with an extra Initiative value, then paying plenty more points just for the weapons they're meant to have is kind of scary.

Check out my Army Showcase, I'm sure at least something will interest you! Click on the userbars to go directly to that army's page! (:
post #593 of 1100 (permalink) Old 06-15-12, 05:46 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Land Speeders DID exist pre-Heresy, there is no fluff reason given for Traitor Legions not having them.

post #594 of 1100 (permalink) Old 06-16-12, 08:13 AM

Mole120's Flag is: England

Default Most Over Powered terminators!

Chaos assault terminators with thunder hammers, storm shields and Mark of tzeentch.
Most op terminators in the game with 2+/2++ Armour/Invulnerable saves.

Now that would definitely bring some laughter to the thirsting gods! LOL!
post #595 of 1100 (permalink) Old 06-18-12, 06:29 PM

Horacus's Flag is: Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mole120 View Post
Chaos assault terminators with thunder hammers, storm shields and Mark of tzeentch.
Most op terminators in the game with 2+/2++ Armour/Invulnerable saves.

Now that would definitely bring some laughter to the thirsting gods! LOL!
GODS MAKE IT HAPPEN

It's time to purge them. Give them no quarter, no mercy. Slain them, impale them, destroy them. Make them wish they were death. Let them burn, let them suffer and let them listen to our battlecry. ˇAll Praises! ˇChaos Victor!".-Chaos Lord Pertinax at the siege of Fevelfosk.
"For each hero's song, thousands die alone...unsung and unrememberd." Anonymous.
post #596 of 1100 (permalink) Old 06-18-12, 06:30 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horacus View Post
GODS MAKE IT HAPPEN
Seems balanced enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #597 of 1100 (permalink) Old 06-18-12, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Isn't Nurgle ones more survivable? T5 with 2+/3++. Maybe Nurgle mark also gives FNP? Currently it doesn't but all units that start with Nurgle mark has FNP.

Haven't done math but I guess nurgle is better vs S3 power weapons and same vs S4 power weapons whilst Tzeentch is better vs S5 above with power weapons. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Hmm, if FNP is reduced to 5+ as rumoured I guess Tzeentch will be best regardless. Then again we dont know if CSM will get Thunder/Daemon Hammer Storm Shield Terminators.

Basically I'm thinking volume of fire taken, since it's harder to wound T5 Nurgle ones would take fewer wounds so would have to roll less. 150 lasgun shots from a 50man IG squad using FRFSRF Order will do wounds regardless.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 06-18-12 at 07:06 PM.
post #598 of 1100 (permalink) Old 06-18-12, 08:13 PM
Rattlehead

I hope we don't get Space Marine gear AVEC LES SPIEKS, we should get more Daemon-y stuff and, as I've always maintained, the raw stats. Loyalists get the awe-inspiring wargear, Chaos get the brutal statlines.

Chaos Terminators with Shock Maces, (mini) Power Scourges, and a Champion with Daemon Weapon. Noice.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #599 of 1100 (permalink) Old 06-18-12, 09:52 PM

Mole120's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horacus View Post
GODS MAKE IT HAPPEN
Yes, yes they do.
post #600 of 1100 (permalink) Old 06-19-12, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Banned

tDG has more rumours today, I thought the starter was to be released in September? If it really is CSM vs DA why would they release the starter set at the same time as the CSM launch leaving the DA codex outdated? DA WD codex at same time? Sounds really weird but it is GW we are talking about...
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDarkGeneral
I'm sure there will be enough sonic weaponry in the new Codex to keep the Emperor's Children players quite happy.

As for release time, new models hit in less than 5 weeks with the 6th Edition Starter set and our Codex hopefully within a week or two of that. I was originally told August, I'd prefer it earlier than later!

I wonder what everyone's view are on Chaos Raptors and Chaos Assault Marines now that there's a juicy rumor about jump infantry striking at I(10) on the turn they assault? With their new models approaching and I'm assuming Hit & Run (for Raptors) stayed, I can see these becoming a mainstay unit of many Chaos Legions!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode