=][= Rumours Roundup : Chaos Space Marines - Updated : 09/09/2012 - Page 53 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #521 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-30-12, 03:47 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
Really? Hardbacks will be a pita. I shouldn't have to suffer because some people don't know how to treat books.
I'm a fan of a bit of firmness myself (giggity), the fantasy books are so lovely, full colour, pretty writing etc. As a student on a graphics course and a freelance designer, i would love a visually pleasing book. Plus when someone tries to take 20 man CSM squads with a lascannons you can beat their skull in with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #522 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-30-12, 05:42 PM
Pride365's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuffin View Post
Chaos deserve it more I want my goddamn hardback codex
How do Chaos deserve it more? they are still playable where all of my DA guys are way over priced compared to vanilla!

post #523 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-30-12, 05:48 PM
Ancient Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride365 View Post
How do Chaos deserve it more? they are still playable where all of my DA guys are way over priced compared to vanilla!
Eh, chaos are shite, absolute asswank. DA can still be competitive with a mix build at 2k

Ezekiel, Belial, 4 Deathwing Squads, 1 tac squad, 4-6 typhoons, 3 dakka predators. Good solid list. Though chaos have oblits, everything else is pretty bad or overcosted. DA still have deathwing, ravenwing and doublewing, chaos have oblits, that is essentially it.

Quote:
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.

post #524 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-31-12, 02:38 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
I'm a fan of a bit of firmness myself (giggity), the fantasy books are so lovely, full colour, pretty writing etc. As a student on a graphics course and a freelance designer, i would love a visually pleasing book. Plus when someone tries to take 20 man CSM squads with a lascannons you can beat their skull in with it.
Good point...
post #525 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-31-12, 05:31 AM

Rhaven357's Flag is: USA

Violence is rarely the answer......

but when it is, it's the only answer ;D
post #526 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-31-12, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Neither Chaos or DA deserve it more than Sisters of Battle. SoB may have the most recently updated but all their models except 1 tank is metal, they are over costed compared to other codicies with the exact same wargear, in the IG and GK codex a Eviscerator costs 15pts but in the SoB dex they are 25pts.

Saying one deserves it more than another is an invalid argument 99% of the time as there is usually another army not in the discussion that "deserves" it more. If anything all imperial codicies should be updated after the SoB codex and every non 5E xeno codex has been updated.
SoB, Tau, Eldar, Chaos Space Marines, Chaos Daemons, Orks and then DA and BT.
If we are talking order of deserving it this is a more accurate list but GW WILL NEVER EVER have a release like this.
post #527 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-31-12, 04:20 PM
Ancient Relic

I'm only stirring shit I don't think any army deserves it more, but chaos will sell the most so

Quote:
Quote:
post #528 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-31-12, 08:56 PM

Dawnstar's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
I don't think any army deserves it more, but chaos will sell the most so
I'm not so sure on that either personally. I know that if Sister's had a full plastic or even a part plastic release, I would probably pick an army of them up.

I'd be pretty certain they would sell very well though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Mate, bacon can do anything.
post #529 of 1100 (permalink) Old 05-31-12, 09:02 PM
Ancient Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstar View Post
I'm not so sure on that either personally. I know that if Sister's had a full plastic or even a part plastic release, I would probably pick an army of them up.

Well almost everyone i know has a chaos army as well as another army, i would probably wait to see the sisters rules first, because though i like their fluff, i think a lot of people prefer the idea of spiky evil dudes to nuns with guns.

Quote:
Quote:
post #530 of 1100 (permalink) Old 06-01-12, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstar View Post

If you a proposing that sisters could be a bigger draw than chaos then you are out of your mind. Chaos is the one and only evil humans book and the sisters compete for a lot of good human spots and the female aspect is not enough, especially since they lack sex appeal which is what would draw kids into buying an all girl army in the first place. There are also very few female players out there. I know 2 out of hundreds of players and both of them are only interested in the hobby because of their husbands.

Not to mention, the fact that chaos has
Demonic models and daemon engines gives them a type of model variety that can't be matched by lOyalist armies. Chaos will always be one of the most popular armies. Hell it's popular even though they butchered the codex.

4,220 CSM
2,320 Necrons
1,870 eldar
1,000 witch hunters (trying to get rid of this)
1,000 SM (trying to get rid of this)
680 Tau (newest addition)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode